Votes: 95 59.4%
  • Jason Day

Votes: 65 40.6%

• Total voters

CBaker

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Title says it all. Pretty much only a 2 horse race for this, so who deserves player of the year in 2015? Use the poll to vote and tell us who you picked and why.

Spieth with 4 wins - 2 majors

Day with 5 wins - 1 major, 2 playoff events.

TBD. Right now, Spieth. Day wins tour championship and FedEx, it could change.

Without seeing the final, I'm giving it to Day. Overcame injury and made it to the World Number 1 at the right time.

As much as Spieth's early season performances were impressive, the hype (aside from his age) was the potential to win all four. That faltered at St Andrews, and with it went the overly impressive "could-have-been" story.

It's a very tight race. I think it comes down to what happens at the Tour Championship.

Day wins FedEx Cup with a strong showing at Tour Championship and he's got it.

Jason Day as of now. If Jordan wins the Tour Championship he gets the edge.

Speith - 2 majors > 1 major and 1 Fedex cup.

Right this minute, I would say Day needs to win the FedEx Cup to clinch it. So I give the nod to the 2 Majors right now. Speith.

<Edit> I also want to add that it is so great to see golf in such good hands. Tiger is injured again, Phil is playing so, so. Day, Speith, Rickie and a host of other young players are carrying the torch into e future with class!

JM

A month ago we were talking about Day being the biggest choker.

Times a change.

Unfortunately it seems people have short memories. 2 majors, 1 4th place finish and 1 2nd place finish and a couple of other tour wins - How can Speith not be POY!

Spieth! Won two majors and was right there for a third!!!

To me, a couple week streak is much easier than maintaining over three to four months! Spieth won the Masters and waited a month. Came back, won the next major... Waited a month, dang near won another! People get hot for a couple weeks and win some tournaments (Jimmy Walker comes to mind), but NO ONE did what Jordan did for, basically, the WHOLE season. Heck, Spieth was in second or third this week!!! It's not even close. A marathon of success wins over a sprint.

Unfortunately it seems people have short memories. 2 majors, 1 4th place finish and 1 2nd place finish and a couple of other tour wins - How can Speith not be POY!

3 wins in 4 starts, that's how. Let's see how long Day can retain World #1. Speith had it for a week?

Nobody has a short memory. The Masters victory was great, the US Open Victory was gift wrapped by DJ, and his Open Championship victory is still hanging out with his four putt.

Day has won 26.3% of his starts this year.
Spieth has won 16.7% of his starts.

Day also has a monster lead in the Fed Ex Cup points and just took away the world #1. Do you need a short memory for all that?

Well.

Day - 5 wins, 1 3rd, 9 total top 10's with 5 less events. 1 major, T4 in British Open, T9 in US open. 2 of the other wins are now in the playoffs vs. fields of all of the top performers of the year, while Spieths 2 non-major wins are vs. some of the weaker fields of the year in the John Deere and Valspar (of which both went to playoffs if I remember correctly). Day's only missed 2 cuts compared to Spieth's 4, 2 of which have come in the recent playoffs.

Not saying in the end Spieth can't/won't win it...but to say Jason Day doesn't have a chance and Spieth is the only option is a little silly at this point.

If neither win the Fed Ex cup, I give it to Day. But I think between the two, if one or the other win it, then they should get POY. Be it Spieth or Day at that point.

What's the point of a playoff is the winner does not get player of the year? Isnt that the entire purpose of a playoff?

What's the point of a playoff is the winner does not get player of the year? Isnt that the entire purpose of a playoff?

What if neither Spieth or Day win though? Should the winner then automatically get POY? If Stenson wins the tour championship, with that as his only victory, I still don't think he has any what of an argument to win POY.

But if either Spieth or Day win it, then it should be automatic.

Doesn't necessarily compute for me. The playoff is for the FedEx Cup. You run through the playoffs and you get that. I don't think it means you become POY.

Nobody has a short memory. The Masters victory was great, the US Open Victory was gift wrapped by DJ, and his Open Championship victory is still hanging out with his four putt.

Day has won 26.3% of his starts this year.
Spieth has won 16.7% of his starts.

Day also has a monster lead in the Fed Ex Cup points and just took away the world #1. Do you need a short memory for all that?

Stop bringing facts into this. :alien:

Spieth! Won two majors and was right there for a third!!!
Well if you're giving Spieth credit for close at St Andrews you have to give Day credit for thst as well. He was just as close there.

Dont bring logic onto the Internet :D

Back