Fast Food Burger Places

I'm going to create a thread for burger joints that are not on the list. Judging by the responses, I may get more answers that match the OP request than in here :alien:

Of the places I've had, 5 Guys, Hardee's, and Culver's are at the top. Even though it's been a while since I've had them. The thought of White Castle and McDonald's burgers makes me quiver.

My list from top to bottom, but I would like to reemphasize that Five Guys doesn't belong on the list.

Five Guys

Hardees/
Carl's Jr-Personal favorite drive thru burger
Whataburger-Close second, partly because we don't have them locally so its always a treat
Sonic-very similar to Whataburger, not quite as good
In-N-Out-I was tempted to drop it lower, because it was so disappointing after hearing how amazing it was. But this is probably where it belongs
Steak & Shake-Above average
Wendy's-Much more available than the Hardees, whataburger or Sonic, or S&S, so I eat it when pressed

McDonald's-Eat in a pinch, blah at best

Burger King-virtual tie with mcdonalds
Checkers-Every now and then I get a hankering, eat about once a year
White Castle-gross
Dairy Queen-haven't had a burger there in years, don't intend to
A&W-Do they have hamburgers? hotdogs are ok at best

Never had:
Culver's

Shake Shack
Jack in the Box

If we're talking about the burgers themselves, I'm hard pressed to go anywhere other than five guys. I like Wendy's but there are actually more Five Guys near me now.

I know they are in a few places, Fatburger. My favorite.

Depends how hungover I am.
Slightly hungover = Five Guys
Really hungover = the biggest Baconator Wendy's sells.

Off the list Burger21.
Haven't stopped there yet, but I hear the fries suck.

That's what kills it for me for another not on the list: Smashburger.

I'd have to go with Culvers as that is the only place I regularly go to where I will still get a burger. I don't frequent five guys enough, havent been there in a couple years and they are so greasy anyway. White Castle and Checkers are in the same group for me, good every 6 months to a year and then immediate regret after eating it where it takes 6-12 months to recover. Oddly enough for different reasons. At checkers you are basically eating grease on a bun. Hardees/Carl's jr got me sick the one time I had it. Jack in the box was ok the only time I had it. Out of the big three (Burger King, Mcdonalds, Wendy's) I'd go with Wendy's but I've started eating chicken sandwiches when I get fast food so I haven't had them in a while.

I would like to know what a Shack Shack burger tastes like. Or do I just want a shack? Either way, it's a place I have wanted to try and hope one day I can.

Me too. They have started appearing locally so need to stop by one day when I'm in DC or Baltimore

Gotta go with 5 guys. Always fresh and juicy as hell!
I've never had some of the places on the list. Def quite a few I want to try

Taking wait and convenience into account as well, based on that list I'd go with Wendy's. Always seems fresh, lettuce crisp and tomatoes ripe, and burgers are fairly juicy.

not on the list though, Johnny Rockets

From the list it would be Wendys for me, but I do like Hardee's. Just the closest Hardee's isn't really close.

McDonald's - Their cheeseburger is a comfort food for me!
Five Guys - I'm pretty sure I could eat one every week!
Culver's - I know I could eat one every day!!!
Steak & Shake - More of a milkshake place than a burger place for me

Oh yeah, Freddy's is solid all around - burgers, fries, custard.

I saw Culver's on the list. Butter burgers and cheese curds...yes please!!
Yes indeed, yummy!

Based on the list, Five Guys would be my choice.

I can't recall ever having a bad burger at Wendy's so I'll go with that. Went to Five Guys last week, won't go back. The burger was blah and the meal was over priced.

Braum's. Good burgers and great shakes.

McDonald's

Mcchicken and double cheeseburgers .

As long as I have nowhere to be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Five Guys wins that list for me with Steak and Shake a close 2nd

McDonalds for a double cheeseburger, most likely because its convenient and cheap.

White Castles for a late night snack. Enjoy now, regret it later.

My go to is Whataburger or Five Guys. Alway fresh and I've never had issues getting the burger just like I want it.

Easily Carl's Jr for me. Double western bacon cheeseburger. My stomach will hate me an hour later, but I'll eat that every day. Not one within a half hour of me so I haven't had one in over a year though

Back