Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd buy that bag in a SECOND.

Pretty sure I'm going to go back and buy it tomorrow. I've regretted not picking it up since I left.

And my current ponder is game golf or arccos... Or if I need either one.

Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Back to x2hot 3 hybrid ponder again. Looking to drop Bertha 5w if can get similar distance. Club can be found pretty cheap right now it seems...

Shoes shoes shoes. Sportchek here has buy one get one free on older models. TW & Lunar Control, potentially both for $140. Too bad the lunar controls are so narrow in the toe for me.

Spent some time looking into this; really good features on both Arccos and Game Golf. In the end it comes down to 3 things: 1. I don't have an iPhone for Arccos. 2. Significant price difference. 3. Convenience for my game. Highly likely I go with the Game Golf very soon.
$400 for arccos, that's too much. Also their tags won't fit my mid-size grips and/or my SuperStroke..

Gamegolf would be enough and I hope it'll work for me :)

The Callaway 50% trade in made my wedge ponder even tougher. I was set on J15 wedges but with 50% trade in, I can get MD2 T Grind for super cheap...

And for my Sunday afternoon ponders:
TomTom GPS watch.
Arccos Golf
Lamkin UTx Wraps
.........................and Callaway XR Pro 5 - PW with KBS...somethings

Funny, item 1,3, and 4 are on my ponder top 10.

This one is way out of left field but after rolling putters yesterday...
1) Ping Karsten TR Anser 2 style
2) Versa 90 VLine (old ponder)

Last edited:
And for my Sunday afternoon ponders:
TomTom GPS watch.
Arccos Golf
Lamkin UTx Wraps
.........................and Callaway XR Pro 5 - PW with KBS...somethings

And my current ponder is game golf or arccos... Or if I need either one.

$400 for arccos, that's too much. Also their tags won't fit my mid-size grips and/or my SuperStroke..

Gamegolf would be enough and I hope it'll work for me :)

Glad to see others in the Game Golf and Arccos pondering. I think it's going to be very interesting to see some of my "true" statistics once I have the Game Golf in play. Hope you guys pick the one that works best for you.

Why dropping the 5w

not enough distance gain (if any) over the Cleveland 2H and less accurate. Also, just not as comfortable over a FW as I am a hybrid. Actually bumped the loft of my 3w a degree and seemed to hit it really well at the range today. Thinking an x2hot 3H will out distance the Classic 2H with similar accuracy. I really need a 220ish club

i reserve the right to be wrong though.

Pretty much just waiting for Global Golf to offer The Bushnell Tour X.

Shoes shoes shoes. Sportchek here has buy one get one free on older models. TW & Lunar Control, potentially both for $140. Too bad the lunar controls are so narrow in the toe for me.
Is this in store only? Their web page only shows buy 1 get 1 50% off.

Seemore Private Reserve putter

Ponder approved.

I blame you all. Trying to justify the purchase, although I do get a work bonus at the end of the month. Hmm....

not enough distance gain (if any) over the Cleveland 2H and less accurate. Also, just not as comfortable over a FW as I am a hybrid. Actually bumped the loft of my 3w a degree and seemed to hit it really well at the range today. Thinking an x2hot 3H will out distance the Classic 2H with similar accuracy. I really need a 220ish club

i reserve the right to be wrong though.

Makes perfect sense dude, I have no clue what my distances are right now besides short with my swing changes.

That 215-230 distance is a go/no yardage at least at the end of the last yr it was. Trouble =no no trouble=go I need to make it a go all the time yardage as well

Is this in store only? Their web page only shows buy 1 get 1 50% off.

I think it is just in store here, they have a ton of old stock, and I think they have finally realized they need to do something to move stuff out.

Pondering order a re gripping kit. Never done it before but it doesn't seem like it should be too difficult. Any tips or suggestions here? Thanks

Pondering order a re gripping kit. Never done it before but it doesn't seem like it should be too difficult. Any tips or suggestions here? Thanks
Super easy to do after you do one. Watch some videos and use lots of solvent. You can't really go wrong unless it's not on all the way. Saves a ton of money and it gets you off the couch for a little bit.

Super easy to do after you do one. Watch some videos and use lots of solvent. You can't really go wrong unless it's not on all the way. Saves a ton of money and it gets you off the couch for a little bit.

It also kicks in the grip ponder into overdrive. I've regripped with the UTx wraps and already pondering a full set of the NDMC grips that came on the MD2 T grinds.

Super easy. Use the precut tape strips to start. No such thing as too much mineral spirits on the tape and inside the grip prior to sliding the grip on.

Makes perfect sense dude, I have no clue what my distances are right now besides short with my swing changes.

That 215-230 distance is a go/no yardage at least at the end of the last yr it was. Trouble =no no trouble=go I need to make it a go all the time yardage as well

We are in the same boat then. I have a trade set up with CPO to swap my 5w for 3h basically straight up after the trade bonus. Just have to call tomorrow to get the bonus. Looking forward to trying the x2hot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back