How do you yell FORE??

I use my FORE whenever needed ... liberally. You will not mistake it ... it scares people. Nothing worse than a lackluster soft spoken fore ... if it's going bad ... YELL IT OUT LIKE YOU HAVE A PAIR !!

I dig deep and really let out a bellow. I'm fairly quiet on the course but will startle someone with my fore yell. I usually include a direction in the yell and point with the club in my hand.

Like my life depends on it, because a golf ball is a deadly projectile and someone's life my depend on it. I have no problem yelling for anyone in my group if they are timid about it.

Depends on how far away the people are when I hit the shot., but I make sure where ever it is headed I can be heard.

I'll yell for others as well if they don't want to. I find it incredible rude to not say something if you hit a wayward shot towards anyone.

I feel like as far as 'fore!!!' is concerned, I'm as good as anyone in the game.

Definitely wasn't a natural though. Time and repetition is what got me here.

How do you yell FORE??

Loud like I'm trying not to kill people?

If you're too embarrassed to ever yell fore you should quit golf.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Whoa Mule!!!!!!!!!!

LOUDLY AND LIKE A MAN!!!!! Lol

Great point right there!

On my home course, as my name suggests, it's usually fore on four and fore on one. I've also been known to through in whatever color shirt someone in the party I just shanked one at, fore in the green shirt!

As far as how loud, I'm not messing around when I yell fore! Having almost been hit and having a real close call with one of my kids, 2' to his right with no warning, I say it loud and proud. I also will follow up with a sorry when I get near the group I warned. For better or worse I've been know to leave guys an unfavorable lie when no fore has been giving in my direction.

FORE as loud as I can. Luckily, other than a couple of holes, you have to hit a shot that is pretty damn wayward at my course to even consider yelling it.

Oddly loud. Not a loud voiced person, yet people always laugh when I yell it generally asking, "Where did that come from?"

Last thing I want is to be is the cause of an injury on the course.

So everyone can hear, years of opera training comes in handy. And I can do it in five languages.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Could you put this on stickers and t-shirts? I would buy one.

I like the direction but if ur on a golf course u don't know if that yell is signaling u or not. I just yell as loud and quick as possible

I try to yell the hole where my ball is heading (Fore hole 5!) if I know. Otherwise the generic Fore! will suffice.

On another note, what do you do when someone yells "Fore!"? Do you cover your head with your hands and turn away from the noise, or do you do what I see so many people do and look around to see where it is coming from?

If I see that I hit a shot toward someone, I will yell "FORE *direction* as loud as I can. Like FORE RIGHT or FORE LEFT.

I see no reason for including left or right. By the time a person figures out which side he is on, the ball has hit him. Particularly if he's facing the wrong direction, in the middle of playing a shot, or on a parallel hole. I just want anyone within range of my voice to duck and cover.

I yell fore loudly, and I have a voice that carries and penetrates well. It takes a pretty strong wind to blow my warning away, at least in the range of the typical player.

I yell it loud. People tell me that I could be an air raid siren or tornado warning signal. When I yell, I also point my arm to the right or left to show direction of ball. Usually guys in my group hold their ears when I yell. Then they tell me thanks, because the person in the way might not have heard them. Then, they laugh about how squirrels, birds, deer, and other critters ran deeper into the woods.

It also bugs me that you can hit a shot that rolls 75 foot from someones cart, then when you get up there say "I didn't think that was very close". Only to hear them say it missed them by 2 foot.

Jack

I try to yell the hole where my ball is heading (Fore hole 5!) if I know. Otherwise the generic Fore! will suffice.

On another note, what do you do when someone yells "Fore!"? Do you cover your head with your hands and turn away from the noise, or do you do what I see so many people do and look around to see where it is coming from?

I use my left or right arm, depending on what direction the fore came from, to cover the back of my neck and side of my head and try to duck down. Being 6'4" makes me a big target so I try to get smaller by crouching.

I yell fore like I'd want someone else to yell fore if a ball was coming towards our group... Common courtesy you'd expect but still some knuckleheads out there don't bother

Loudly. Like, the same way I'd yell incoming. I don't specify a direction, and I don't care if someone four holes away hears me. I want everyone within five holes ducking for cover.

Yell it out loud and make sure its heard - same as I want anyone else who hits one astray to do for me.

I always yell fore at the top of my lungs when needed. I used to call the direction too, either right or left. I finally realized it makes no sense to yell left or right because it mean nothing to the people you are yelling at.

Back