What's your favorite grass?

I'm in Texas and generally play cheap courses, so anything that is green and still alive is something to celebrate. I truthfully couldn't tell you one grass from another, so that's the best answer I can give.

The stuff on the otherside of the fence.

I play most of my golf on bent grass. So, I'll say bent grass.

Anything grass that is actually green, hate playing on dead grass or dirt :banghead:

Bent grass on the putting surface, amazing! Comanche Trace in Kerrville TX has bent grass greens which makes it a tournament favorite, and they do qualifiers there, such as the Monday qualifier for the Texas Open.

I'm a big fan of bermuda fairways but I don't like Bermuda rough, it's very difficult to play from!

Greens would be bermuda. Fairways, bent grass.

~Rock

Greens: I prefer Bent, but Bermuda would be a close 2nd.

Fairways: I really like Zoysia and Bent.

I will be that guy...

I have no clue what the difference is in the grass that I play on. Is there like a picture chart for fools like me?

Bent grass, hands down on greens. Putting is already hard enough, why add in grain to the equation.

Fairways don't really matter to me as long as they're in good condition.

Bermuda rough can be a real PITA, it is true punishment for a miss. For a casual round I can do without it.

Creeping Bentgrass

I like bent grass greens and Zoysia fairways. Problem with Zoysia is it goes dormant early and comes back late so it's CPO in the colder months.

I agree with this 100%

Bent grass guy here!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bent tee to green ftw.

A true links course that is all fescue is something special also.

Back