I have many leather-bound books
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
The Driver
Link to homepage review:
https://www.thehackersparadise.com/wilson-staff-d300-irons-review/

Wilson Staff D series irons have been well known over the years to be some of the friendliest irons on the market. Last year they introduced a FLX FACE that helped transform the C200 irons in to one of the top irons in terms of distance and forgiveness for a mid-sized footprint. In 2017, they are bringing FLX FACE to the D300 irons. Any golfer out there who is looking for an iron that will launch the ball high, and offer a great amount of ball speed retention, should take a look at the new D300 from Wilson Staff. Below you will find the press release, some tech features, and some in hand photos.

Wilson Staff introduces the latest generation in its acclaimed Distance series, the D300 irons.

At the core of the innovation is FLX FACE™ Technology that minimizes contact points between the thin face and clubhead to generate greater clubhead speed and distance. Power Holes, literal through holes surrounding the entire face, provide room for the face to flex and for weight to be moved to the heel and toe to maximize MOI and forgiveness. These visible Power Holes are filled with TE031 Urethane for improved feel, with a crisp and recognizable sound of distance and accuracy.

"In addition to the FLX FACE™ technology that was introduced in last year's groundbreaking C200 irons, the D300 irons build and improve upon distance, forgiveness and feel. C200 Irons,” said Michael Vrska, Global Innovation Director of Wilson Golf

"FLX FACE™ and Power Holes have been refined specifically for the ‘D’ or ‘Super Game Improvement’ player to provide significant distance and accuracy improvements.”

Brand new KBS Tour 80 steel and Matrix Speed Rulz A-Type 54 graphite shafts are available in the D300 irons (4-9, PW, GW both RH and LH), along with Wilson Staff Tour Traction grips. GRAPHITE - $899.99 Matrix Speed Rulz A-Type 54 graphite shaft with a Wilson Staff Tour Traction grip.

Description
The D is D300 not only stands for distance, it defines it. The next generation of FLX Face Technology allow for 76% of the face to be completely free from the body, delivering maximum bend upon impact and a powerful launch. With visible technology around the entire face, the Power Holes filled with TE031 Urethane allow the face to flex upon impact for improved feel, with a crisp, pure, recognizable sound for distance and accuracy.

Tech Features

FLX FACE TECHNOLOGY
The ground breaking FLX Face technology minimizes contact points between the thin face and club head for maximum face flex upon impact. 76% of the topline, toe and sole perimeter is freed from contact to the body, limiting contact to only 24% of the perimeter.

POWER HOLES
Filled with TE031 Urethane, the Power Holes allow the face to flex upon impact for extreme distance.

HEEL-TOE WEIGHTING
Heel and toe weight pods positioned on the perimeter on the club head increase MOI for advanced forgiveness.

In Hand Photos

i-3vbpdc9-XL.jpg

i-C9frnQN-XL.jpg

i-tMZbdkq-XL.jpg

i-Q3tk7NK-XL.jpg

i-P4wHdW3-XL.jpg

i-8NdfhKp-XL.jpg

i-PwQgS2G-XL.jpg

i-WFfk8X8-XL.jpg

Last edited:
Those look great. I like the font and position of the number. I think a lot of people are going to like the flx face.

I bet those are going to be a fun review for you Ddec. If they're like the C200's, they may not have landed yet.

Speed Rulz iron shafts? This pairing should be fun.

The FLX face makes way more sense on their D Series irons. To me, it didn't make sense on a line categorized as their "control" line. These should be fun and really good for a lot of people. I think they look solid too.

I think these look great. I'm interested in hearing what distances you get with the 4 iron, off the tee and deck.

Looks like the c200 and d200 had a baby..not saying it is a bad thing

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Great looking irons. I bet they are a lot of fun to hit.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

These hit the ball far, high and straight.

Looks like the c200 and d200 had a baby..not saying it is a bad thing

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
My first thought as well and a direction i was hoping they would go in.

These look really good. I never hit the D200, but most of the review/ results for those were in line with the technology built into the irons.

Looks like the D300 refined that in a good way.

These just look powerful. Was not aware of Speed Rulz iron shafts but am glad they exist and can't wait to hear your thoughts on them.

Good looking iron for this category and glad they carried the holes over from the c200.

If any clubs knock my C200s out of the bag, it may be these.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I want to hit these. So bad.

I was remarking a few days ago that I hit the D200s better than the C200s on a Foresight. I can only imagine the numbers I'd get out of these.

And they look GOOD. Those look like an iron that wants to just smack the ball.

Interesting to read your thoughts on these irons, they definitely look like beasts.

THP Represent!

I gamed D100 irons when they first came out and I loved them. Didn't see that much of a change in the D200 to make a switch. Once I saw the C200's, I knew the FLX Technology in the D300 would have to be fantastic. I can't imaging a someone hitting these and not liking them. I'm really looking forward to reading ddec's review.

I want to hit these. So bad.

I was remarking a few days ago that I hit the D200s better than the C200s on a Foresight. I can only imagine the numbers I'd get out of these.

And they look GOOD. Those look like an iron that wants to just smack the ball.

FWIW, I did too. I think it is the sole design and these really evolve that and combine it with the tech from C200. I was darn impressed.

I love the way these look!!! Cannot wait to hear more on them.

The backs look a little busy to me but if they perform I'd game them.

They have a cool look to them and past iterations have some great reviews. It looks like a good evolution of the line.

This may be more a testament of how good the C200s were when I tested them than anything, but these don't really do it for me. I found the C200 stupid easy to elevate, and my gut tells me I'd like the profile better - that's purely a matter of preference. I bet these will work exactly as advertised.

But I do like the aesthetic, and the tech that Wilson is bringing to the table.

lots of tech "stuff" incorporated into those bad boys, and the visual shows it. i can only imagine how high and long i would hit those

These hit the ball far, high and straight.

These really have me thinking....a lot. The one thing that concerns me is that I have always hit the ball high with my irons and do not need more help in that area. It appears that these are designed for someone who needs that help. I'm wondering, though, if perhaps a different shaft with a higher kick point might just be the right combi.

These really have me thinking....a lot. The one thing that concerns me is that I have always hit the ball high with my irons and do not need more help in that area. It appears that these are designed for someone who needs that help. I'm wondering, though, if perhaps a different shaft with a higher kick point might just be the right combi.

I'm the exact opposite - I need all the help I can get with height. These have me really excited.

yes and no. The head will matter more than the shaft, but that's not to say that the flight can't be taken down to a certain degree.

I'm the exact opposite - I need all the help I can get with height. These have me really excited.

I feel like you would get along with these very well.

Back