hackernation

One shot at a time
Reaction score
Handicap
During winter months when the ground is frozen and hard, it is very difficult to stick the tee in the ground. What do you use?

Rubber driving range tees or a drill to make a hole for the tee.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We use the same thing!

Tappa Tappa with a rock. Always forget to bring a pick.

I'm not playing if it's that cold

I'd love to find some rubber driving range tees to use, assuming they're tall enough.

The story goes that my grandfather in law used to carry around a cut down piece of garden hose and used it.

Would a teeclaw work? I haven't gotten mine out of the box yet

I use a wooden tee and the ball in my hand to push it down into tough ground.

Dedication!!! ?

I used to play in cold weather but no more, the bad back has put an end to that. Never did pack a drill though. Ingenious.

Tee hammer?

Small tipped phillips screwdriver works well.

I put the ball on top of the tee and push down on the whole thing.

This reminded me of something we saw a few years ago when we were the first group to play one of the three nines on the day they opened. When we got to the first tee box, the freeze/thaw cycles had pushed up all of the broken-off tee bottoms. It looked like a miniature forest of white birch trees sticking up. Fortunately, the course had set the tees elsewhere so we didn't have to deal with that.

I usually destroy an epoch to make it a bit shorter and deal with whatever I can get into the ground.

Not sure i've ever played on FULLY frozen ground.

I'm interested in this as well. The last round I played (late November) got windy and towards the end. It literally took me and my partner 10+ minutes to get off each of the last two tee's because the ground was so hard we couldn't get a tee set up! Drill is a good idea, but the idea of carrying a drill around the course doesn't sound that good.

Ive had this struggle a lot!!! I play epoch tees and love them but when it gets cold i have a hard time not bending them or simply snapping then when trying to get them into the ground lol Northeast struggle

Ice pick tool in a leatherman all in one.

Some of the locals use phillips screwdrivers when it is hot and dry. Every now and then, I'll find one and turn it in at the clubhouse.
If it's hot weather my Son will get a mouthfull of water, and spit on the tee box to help loosen it.

Some of our courses don't water the teeboxes often enough. It gets rough at the end of summer.

I've never played when it was frozen.

Rubber tee from the driving range ... cut to the correct height. Just keep it in your golf bag. Simple solution. You might have to chase after it down the tee box a few times though .... so try not to use it on tee boxes where there is a ledge or water hazard in front of you, otherwise it's lost. Or just carry two :act-up:

If the ground is too hard to push a wooden tee into it, do you really want to swing a club into the ground?

Not a fair-weather golfer by any means, but I also like feeling in my two hands. Lol.

neo tee.jpg

These are what the golf channel uses with their sim. I have a pack. Comes with two styles, giving you three heights. pretty durable too....

Martini tee (2" or 2 3/4") or one of those rubber cones.

During winter months when the ground is frozen and hard, it is very difficult to stick the tee in the ground. What do you use?

My 3 wood mostly. One of my local courses freezes solid in the winter so I never tee it. 3 wood runs forever and plays over I've well too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Back