deuce

Grenade!
Reaction score
If you find yourself flashing the peace symbol during a selfie, you could wind up helping hackers steal your identity.

https://www.iflscience.com/technology/thieves-can-steal-your-fingerprints-from-your-selfies/
However, researchers in Japan have discovered that fingerprints can easily be copied and recreated from photographs taken up to 3 meters (10 feet) away, and the peace sign is a wonderfully convenient way of displaying your digits.

Crazy stuff.

ETA: Just realized that the thread title might make it seem like I was leaving. If that proposition excited you, tough luck folks :silly:

Wow, I never would have guess that was possible, very interesting.

first, yes i absolutely thought you were taking your toys and going home which surprised and disappointed me! glad to know that's not that case lol

second, holy crap that's crazy! copy fingerprints from a picture taken 10' away is nuts. i had lunch not long ago with a guy who works in consumer and corporate cyber id protection. the stuff he told me was terrifying because there is so little you can do to protect yourself.

Weird!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well I guess from now on, I'll just flip the bird whenever I take a selfie.

...which is never. I'm 41. I don't do selfies.

Back