Trevor68

Reaction score
Handicap
Quick question:
My fitter told me that during my swing, I have a hard release. What does that mean?

I have heard of early or late release, but never hard release.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Must mean you wait to release with a hard wrist snap through impact is what I would imagine .
But I am no teacher

Must mean you wait to release with a hard wrist snap through impact is what I would imagine .
But I am no teacher

True....you don't know what you're talking about! lol

On a side note....I have not idea what that is either.

My guess is your downswing is very still and rigid?

I believe a hard release is a rotation of the hands and forearms and shutting the face where a soft release would keeping club face square thru impact and into the follow thru.

the hard release would probably cause timing issues when trying to square the club face at impact

Well excuse the f*%k out of ME James !
It was meant to say MAYBE not Must !
That's alright , it's why I usually have left all forums of any form .
You get chastised for saying anything .
So Addios .........

Well excuse the f*%k out of ME James !
It was meant to say MAYBE not Must !
That's alright , it's why I usually have left all forums of any form .
You get chastised for saying anything .
So Addios .........

Huh???? I didn't see anything wrong with the response

Huh???? I didn't see anything wrong with the response

I'm not picking sides here, but when I did read the initial response, I thought it was jerkish. Just because you put lol at the end doesn't take away from what was said.

As for the question, I would think that is something you need to as your fitter what his is exactly saying. Everyone could have a different meaning for what they are saying. Or he could have worded it wrong. I would take a hard release as a snap of the wrist thru impact, which would lead to shutting of the face. But I also don't know and just guessing.

Usually a hard release is referred to the hands turning over at the point of impact. It's the action of turning your right hand over, like turning a key right to left. Some players release using the body rotation and path, and some use their hands, I suppose he means you are more handsy.

I'm a hard release guy. As far as I know it's a rotational release of the forearms as opposed to keeping the club head square longer through impact. In a hard release, the clubface is in a constant rotation as it moves through the impact zone. It's more about timing on the hard release.

I think Jay's message may have been received differently than intended. I teach a Crew Resource Management course for college aviation students and we discuss the communication model in depth. 93% of all received messages are non verbal meaning they are interpreted through body language and tone. With those missing, it opens up for a breakdown between the sender and receiver. Hence the problems with texting or forums. . Key and Peele have a funny video on this. Warning, its uncensored and contains foul language.
http://www.cc.com/video-clips/1nwt2i/key-and-peele-text-message-confusion---uncensored

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks Rusty. Awesome info!

My instructor told me I have "violent" release. I think Rusty is right, I do tend to get handsy and snap it.

Back