So who else has done little to nothing since the season/wether ended ?

rollin

"Just playin golf pally"
Reaction score
Handicap
havnt touched a club since the weather broke back in October. Busy at work, and at life. of course then the holidays were upon us. Now the weather has certainly turned into true winter. Still a lot of family obs and still busy at work. Its not bothering me...at least not yet.lol

Soon enough I will get the desire and itch again I am certain. But for now the break is what it is.

How about you? Those with real winters. Havnt done anything? yet to touch a club? Life in the way? Other things going on instead? Some skiing has been in my mix. Whats your winter story? Do you make a clean break for a while without it bothering you?

I hit the simulator a few weeks ago just to hit my irons I re-shafted and my driver I re-shafted. Other than that I haven't done much golf wise. Did go to the golf show today but that kind of sucked.
In the Philly area our winter has been kind of weird so far as temps from 20-30's for a few days then up to 40-50's the next few. I still haven't really gotten the itch to go out and play but if I do it will be to just make swings and not work on anything or worry about score.

When March hits then I start really itching to play.

Yup. Haven't picked up a club except for some swings with a Triton. No Golf since early September.

Going out of my mind. Bought some irons, and waiting for them to arrive, super anxious for them to arrive.

I wish I could be on the course, or even swinging a club. It just isn't feasible here. Lately I have been spending more time snowblowing and shovelling than I have been spending on THP.

I've hit balls twice since my season ended nov 13. Going to the range again tomorrow.

Since the first freeze haven't swung a club but cleaned up both my wife's and my sets. Cleaned out the bag, got a zipper repair done on my cart bag and bought a bunch of apparel and new set of wedges and some Rose & Fire headcovers for my wife (very nice). Started up yoga classes again couple of weeks ago to try and keep the old frame limber and injury free. Other than that been spending last 3 weekends painting up a storm refreshing main floor so no interior work will be on agenda once the season kicks in. Less than a month until trip to Maui for couple of weeks so starting to get antsy.

Go to the driving range once a week if it's not too cold outside. Mid 30's isn't bad if there is no wind. Lucky for me the outdoor range is open year round (barring snow on the ground)

I've been to the simulator 3 times and have done quite a bit of carpet putting. It's not a ton but at least it's something to quench the thirst a little.

Last edited:
One range session since the end of November.

My last round was the 2nd week of October. I hit some irons & drivers on a monitor a few weeks ago, but that's been the bulk of it. I do have an old GW I keep in my spare room that I'll grab on occasion just to work on my grip and setup. Last winter I did a lot of swinging inside, hitting punch shots in the garage, and I noticed that this past season I had a real sawed off finish which I think was from swinging so much inside and trying not to hit my ceilings :D So I'm not doing a lot inside beyond putting.

Last edited:
I haven't touched a club since September and not sure when I will touch one again. This is the longest break I have taken since I started golfing.

I played the Wednesday before Thanksgiving. Other than that putting and chipping in the garage

I usually take a break, I haven't swung a club since my last round right before Thanksgiving. The one year I did some offseason stuff my swing got much longer and I'm still trying to get it back to normal.

I will fo to the golf dome or simulator if I think the season is getting close, just to loosen up the muscles a little.

Back