The Golf Ball, How Important Is It?

Quality of the strike has a far greater effect on efficiently compressing the ball than the ball itself.

Quality of the strike has a far greater effect on efficiently compressing the ball than the ball itself.

Yes. However, in real life, I know I miss occasionally. I dont want to pretend that compression does not play a role in both quality and missed strikes. Not for my game anyway. Our testing with golfers at THP Events, as well as locally here at our office, shows much change with due to compression.

After doing my first Bridgestone ball fitting then going to Bridgestone u in 2015 it's so,etching I pay attention too all the time especially with driver.

Question about Compression,

I believe I am confused again about what is what. Is the Pro V1 a higher or lower compression than the Pro V1x, from their website it seems impossible to tell. On the same line of thought is the B330 higher than the B330S, what about the Snell MTB compared to the others listed?

Might be a almost stupid question but I am really turned around here with all the ball compression talk from brand to brand and model to model.

I usually play a premium ball that I can get on sale. I subscribe to the Dean Snell theory. All premium balls are very close in distance. Choose the best one for your short game. I have played Titleist, Bridgestone, Srixon, Callaway, Kirkland, Taylormade and probably some more I can't think of right now. There are differences but at my level, if I can find a deal for $20 a dozen on a premium ball, that's what I am playing for a while because I stock up.

The Pro V1 is lower compression to the Pro V1x.
The Snell ball is lower than both of them.

Thanks and the Bridgestone's compared to the others? I am finally getting the point and by recent outings might actually be learning something about what is best for me and why.

The Pro V1 is lower compression to the Pro V1x.
The Snell ball is lower than both of them.

Last edited:
Back