What's the next big thing?

kb1042

#TeamCobra
Reaction score
Handicap
Where do you see golf equipment heading and what are some trends that are seeing now that will explode in the next couple of years?

For me I've noticed that their is not a big difference in feel between forged and cast in newer clubs. An example would be the rtx 3 wedges.

I know we have a lot of smart guys on here so I am interested in hearing what others think.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think the next big thing will be adjustable irons. I don't know how or when, but I think that is the next thing coming along.

Basing this on nothing except that it feels like it would make sense

Drivers with integrated sensors to give you live info of things like swing speed, where the ball hit the face ect ect

If I knew, I'd invent it ... and then retire because I'd hopefully be filthy rich when I license or sell my patented design to a major OEM.

I don't know if it will be the NEXT big thing but one of the major ball manufactures will figure out a low cost and easy way for golfers to track their golf ball and find them quickly and easily through an app on their cell phone. I know a lot of people think too much time is already wasted on the course with people using cell phones but like it or not, it's coming.

I think the next big thing will be sensor integration into our equipment and launch monitors getting smaller and less expensive while still being very accurate.

A shaft that is flat like a sword to cut through the air better.

I really think the tech aspect will continue to be exploited- something akin to what PizzaBear suggested

Sent from my LG-H810 using Tapatalk

So many good thoughts. Adjustable irons makes sense to me.
I am also interested to see what the cobra 1 length iron does this year in a major release.

Adjustable irons. We're already seeing it in wedges irons are next IMO.

it's going to be in integrated tech. automatic results uploaded to a database without any additional steps or wearable gear.

I don't know if it will be the NEXT big thing but one of the major ball manufactures will figure out a low cost and easy way for golfers to track their golf ball and find them quickly and easily through an app on their cell phone. I know a lot of people think too much time is already wasted on the course with people using cell phones but like it or not, it's coming.

Why would golf ball companies want you to be able to find your ball? Don't they make more $$ if you don't??

Why would golf ball companies want you to be able to find your ball? Don't they make more $$ if you don't??

People will still buy New others will be in the water lost forever. Just think of all the "Nearly indestructible" or "Will last forever" items there are. People will always want new. Just in my eyesight in my living room I have over 15 dozen golf balls. Does that mean I'm set for the season and won't buy any... not by a long shot. Will I lose that 15 dozen? Not even close.

I think personal launch monitors are going to be big. They are starting to take hold and I can almost guarantee some smart engineer is going to figure out how to make an app for your phone that is better than Trackman eventually. This also lends itself to what other are mentioning about sensors in clubs and balls. All together these will be integrated somehow and on an affordable level. Throw in something for a putter sensor as well and you will be able to completely fit yourself without help.

Shafts are going to continue to get lighter for both irons and woods with better dispersion and speed.

Like a few other people, and as I said years ago, I'm sure it'll be adjustable CB irons. SGI irons are purely distance oriented, and blade users get fit I'd assume. Imagine a covered hozel above that clicks with a torque wrench on the bottom to adjust loft/bounce at first, loft only 2nd gen, and both independently 3rd. Only need maybe +/- 2*. Just wondering if face moves internally or if entire face pivots, which would mean the top line would stick slightly over when lofting up, or the face would stick out when lofting down. Imagine being able to have forged faces and cast heads to ameliorate cost issues.

Oh, and I'm not including launch monitors bc they're already prevalent. I think they'll get cheaper until high quality and reasonable cost.

I hope u guys are right about the launch monitors. That could be big!

Basing this on nothing except that it feels like it would make sense

Drivers with integrated sensors to give you live info of things like swing speed, where the ball hit the face ect ect
The new king Cobra ltd driver has sensors in them. Cobra Connect. So we are fast approaching this.

Back