Vokey, TM or Mack Daddy Wedges?

I've had all of the above. I played a couple generations of the TM atv grind. I then moved to the Vokeys as I found them easier to control trajectory. Am now playing the MD Forged and will stick with those for a while. Really I had good experiences with all of the above.

Based off what you listed I probably lean towards the SM6. But give the RTX3 a go, like everybody's mentioning, They're solid as well. I'd be curious to try the new McDaddy forged as well. Wasn't a huge fan of the MD3

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've pretty much been using Vokey wedges since I started playing golf. I've had a few other brands (Cleveland, Mizuno, TM,) but there's something about the way a Vokey wedge feels to me that keeps me with them. I'm pretty sure it's just a comfort thing. One gets used to a certain feel, and everything else feels foreign.

Based on your choices, the MDs. I really enjoy the J15s though, its like they were made for me.

Based off what you listed I probably lean towards the SM6. But give the RTX3 a go, like everybody's mentioning, They're solid as well. I'd be curious to try the new McDaddy forged as well. Wasn't a huge fan of the MD3

Agreed. I like the MD2s but the MD3s just feel like they're missing something. Can't even really describe it.

Sorry to thread jack, but how does everyone go about testing various wedges? With a handful of brands, each with a selection of grind options, the combos are endless. I ended up with Vokeys simply because i got to hit them from a friend's bag on the course. I more or less fussed at grinds. Wedge selection seems like trial and error. Wonder if anyone has found a better solution? Hitting from mats at the fitter really misses the turf interaction side of things....

I am a big Vokey fan, and have been over the years... however go hit them and see what feels/works best for you. Also, I can tell you that visually, these options can have a very different head shape, and one brand/model might looks best to you or give you the most confidence.

Vokeys are in the bag right now and they will not be going anywhere soon.

Mack Daddy line for sure. There's just so many options everyone should be able to find something among the MD2,MD3,MD PM Grind, Mack Daddy Forged. I'm definitely partial to my 58* PM Grind....thing is like magic for me.

Back