Vokey, TM or Mack Daddy Wedges?

MCGolfTM

Reaction score
Handicap
Who's got the best wedges? I got MD2s right now and used to play TM ATV wedges but haven't really done much with Vokey. What you guys think?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Best is such a personal thing. For me, I really like Vokey wedges. The confidence I've gained since putting them in the bag is mind boggling. But I know that there are many other great wedges out there, and know I can play other wedges with success too.

I really like my SM6's I have played the TM ATV & The MD2 both very very nice but i love the amount of choice i had with the Vokey Grinds and bounce levels

Best is such a personal thing. For me, I really like Vokey wedges. The confidence I've gained since putting them in the bag is mind boggling. But I know that there are many other great wedges out there, and know I can play other wedges with success too.
Yep I'm right there with you dude. I've been a vokey "homer" since the before the sm4s they're what I know and what I much prefer over anything else. That being said I know there's other very quality options on the market.

Out of the 3 choices i'd go with the Vokey wedges.

Such a subjective answer bc wedges are so personal.

If you like options Vokey, MackDaddy & Cleveland are interchangeable with their offerings and will come down to what you are comfortable looking at/hitting

Out of those, I would lean towards the new MD Forged line from Callaway. Although I think the RTX-3 is my favorite wedge on the market right now.

I agree it's all preference. Everything out there seems to be so good, but something has to be better for each individual. I found I have more spin and better stopping power with the MD2s over the ATVs. Haven't had the opportunity to go with the Vokey.

I really like my SM6's I have played the TM ATV & The MD2 both very very nice but i love the amount of choice i had with the Vokey Grinds and bounce levels

I have the Tour Grind for the MD2s and love the feel and spin of them. Stop on a dime. Just wondering how other feel about them and Vokeys.

I'm also in the market for fresh wedges.

I've been a Vokey loyalist and use the S grind but I'm a little concerned about the added bounce in it for the 58/60. My 60.07S has been deadly for me.

I'm also in the market for fresh wedges.

I've been a Vokey loyalist and use the S grind but I'm a little concerned about the added bounce in it for the 58/60. My 60.07S has been deadly for me.

Great to hear you're having luck with the 60!

Out of those, I would lean towards the new MD Forged line from Callaway. Although I think the RTX-3 is my favorite wedge on the market right now.

I had a chance to try a 54 RTX-3 in a rental setup in Orlando last month and I really enjoyed it. Was never a Cleveland guy, but that wedge was money. I want to take those for another test as they could definetly be in the running.

I had a chance to try a 54 RTX-3 in a rental setup in Orlando last month and I really enjoyed it. Was never a Cleveland guy, but that wedge was money. I want to take those for another test as they could definetly be in the running.

They have a very different sole from everything else in your list and those that have tested them on THP, rave about them.

They have a very different sole from everything else in your list and those that have tested them on THP, rave about them.

Agreed. Time to go test them again as well.

I've played previous releases from TM and Vokey but most recently MD3s. I really like the feel of the MD3s and the PM grind is ridiculously fun to play around with.

I e played Vokey wedges for the last 10-15yrs. Quality. Finish. Shape. Feel. Sound. I've hit a lot of different wedges and always come back to Vokey. Also a big fan of Cleveland wedges. Surprised to not see them as an option....

I've played previous releases from TM and Vokey but most recently MD3s. I really like the feel of the MD3s and the PM grind is ridiculously fun to play around with.

I was never able to look at the PM Grind. It's just so different with the grooves to the toe, I couldn't get over it. Still haven't hit them yet.

I moved from the MD2T to the RTX-3 and it has been a definite upgrade.

Have been using Vokey wedges for a long time. I have the SM6 58/08 and also have the RTX 3.0 in 56* 2 dot, will probably change it for a 3 dot. The Vokey is an M grind which is OK, but I prefer a K grind better.

Who's got the best wedges? I got MD2s right now and used to play TM ATV wedges but haven't really done much with Vokey. What you guys think?

The cop out answer, there are so many good wedges out there. Take those 3 you have listed and add the RTX 3 to that list as well. This last TM release was the first TM wedge I haven't played since the xft, but I really do like the looks of them and the reviews are pretty positive. In the last year I have spent a ton of time with the MD3, SM6, and RTX3. Based on what I have, the RT3 is my favorite because of the sole design. Now I'm sure there is an SM6 grind model that can make me more than happy because I really did enjoy the heck out of those. For me it comes down to feel because I really don't see a huge spin difference in how the ball reacts on the green, i.e. they all offer a good amount of spin.

Cleveland

Of the choices...titleist.

Overall cleveland by a lot

Like any club especially the scoring ones the best is personal. I prefer vokeys of these three options. The look and feel of the sm6 are the best I have had

I like the Mack Daddy's for looks and playability

Cleveland RTX 3.

Back