PUMA Ignite DISC Golf Shoes Preview

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Other than colours, what are the differences between the Ignite DISC and Ignite Premium Disc? I didn't see anything obvious in the article but maybe I missed it

I am assuming this system is going to be a similar idea to the Footjoy BOA system?

As I have never tried a shoe with the BOA system, how exactly does it work? Is it a ratchet system that tightens the laces? I like the idea but wonder if a ratchet system can truly give you a perfect fit if you happen to fall between the teeth in the system, but I certainly won't knock it until I try it myself

I hope the new ignite model improved the water resistance. I love the comfort of mine but cannot wear them in the morning if there is any dew on the course - I have to change shoes after 9 holes due to the amount of dew that gets absorbed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I really like the styling of these, and I am with TheDoctor, and wanting to know the delta between the premium and normal versions.

Puma sure has been getting my attention over the last year, and I am looking to add some of their gear to my Adidas collection :)

• Admin
Other than colours, what are the differences between the Ignite DISC and Ignite Premium Disc? I didn't see anything obvious in the article but maybe I missed it

I am assuming this system is going to be a similar idea to the Footjoy BOA system?

As I have never tried a shoe with the BOA system, how exactly does it work? Is it a ratchet system that tightens the laces? I like the idea but wonder if a ratchet system can truly give you a perfect fit if you happen to fall between the teeth in the system, but I certainly won't knock it until I try it myself

Slight differences outside of colorways, including a different sockliner that is softer and I believe more full grain leather.

From my press copy
Sporting a sleek shape, and an Epic Performance Last, the TITANTOUR IGNITE DISC and IGNITE Premium DISC both offer a full-grain leather upper that provides excellent fit, unrivaled comfort and a stylish toe-down look. The TITANTOUR IGNITE DISC Premium, takes golf footwear to the next level with sophisticated, tonal colorways in full-grain leather and constructed with an ultra-soft Dual Density PU sockliner for a luxurious feel and long-lasting durability.

I really like the look of these and may need to ponder getting a pair when they are available. $180-200 is pretty steep for shoes though.

These look really good!

Sidenote, I read the headline and for a split second thought they were for disc golf. LOL

I really like the look of these and may need to ponder getting a pair when they are available. $180-200 is pretty steep for shoes though.

My thoughts exactly. Some sharp looks but the price tag is definitely up there. On the good side, seems Puma shoes last a long time.

really digging the spikeless sports. i like the disc tech on the tongue rather than the heel like similar tech i have had in other shoes because i would knock the heel and disengage which was annoying. these look really good and the price isn't too bad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

really digging the spikeless sports. i like the disc tech on the tongue rather than the heel like similar tech i have had in other shoes because i would knock the heel and disengage which was annoying. these look really good and the price isn't too bad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You just described me to a T. I love the technology, but in the past, on the heel, I would hit it 2-3 times a round getting out of the cart or something and "blow out a tire" walking out. It does alleviate that terrible feeling of the laces hitting my legs though, which I hate.

I really like the looks of these, and love the boa or In this case "disc" system for athletic shoes. They just work.

I wonder what their warranty is like on their proprietary "disc" vs using the standard Boa branded system?

I love what this technology does for the look of the shoe. These shoes look great. Boa is a stand alone company who licences out their tech. I have been to two trade shows just recently where they were there taking laced shoes and making them into Boa compatible. I am sure Puma will stand behind their Disc technology as well. Seems like they did this before in their street shoes.

I could rock these for sure. I love puma golf shoes and a lot of these look good.

Yes, yes, yes, this is awesome, I love they're bringing it to so many models!

So, are the IGNITE Spikeless Sport's the only option in spikeless this year? If so, that is an significant disappointment to me.

I'll own a pair of the Titantour's w/ the disc, but would have been nice to see a more stable (for me) spikeless option.

I am a little surprised they didn't do a Disc version of the Hi-Top shoe. It's not my thing but if you have to put a high top on it would be cool to have a Disc versus lacing it up.

These look like a great next step from Puma. I really like the looks of these and the disc placement is way better than what other companies have done. Price is a little steep so I'll have to wait until that comes down but I would guess I'll own a pair at some point.

I like the feel and comfort of the past ignite shoes and the non lacing has been a function I've considered but haven't taken the leap so these are intriguing and their color ways are pretty tame for Puma.

I will own the spikeless for sure. Those look awesome.

I like these. Sound good, look good and a nice price.

I like the look for sure, but I've never owned any shoe with the Disc (or similar) system. I'd be willing to give these a shot!

I was first introduced to these types of closure systems (BOA) in cycling. And when I was buying cycling shoes if it didn't have it, i wasn't interested. I think its time i take a look at these in Golf shoes. and those spikeless sports look good!!

I like the looks and they also appear as if they'd be insanely comfortable as well. Thanks for the preview, definitely something to ponder as I get ready to get me some new kicks for 2017!

I will definitely be picking up a pair of either the spiked or premium spiked, but would like to see the standard ignite spikeless return with Disc. I wasn't a huge fan of the sport option but will have to test these out since I love Boa/Disc on my shoes.

Some in hand pictures.

THP_1042-L.jpg

THP_1043-L.jpg

THP_1045-L.jpg

Back