The only one I watch is Rick Shiels. His videos are just the right length most of the time, he gives honest opinions, and he isn't really biased towards one thing or another. His bag is ever changing with a lot of different gear so I really like his channel.

Personally, I think with the direction THP has gone in terms of Media, I would love to see our testers do similar tastings like Shiels and Crossfield.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Personally, I think with the direction THP has gone in terms of Media, I would love to see our testers do similar tastings like Shiels and Crossfield.

Honest question....why? While we are starting to include some video in to reviews, I just don't see the value of a video with me hitting 3-4 shots with a Grenade 2 driver and going from there.

Now don't take that as me trashing what they do, I check in on those guys from time to time, but there are SOOOOOOO many videos of dude hitting golf shots on youtube and talking about clubs. I would like our video stuff to be a bit different.

I completely agree. If I could get my hands on all of the different offerings a guy like Rick Shiels does I would be willing to create some test videos... hint hint :wink:

Honest question....why? While we are starting to include some video in to reviews, I just don't see the value of a video with me hitting 3-4 shots with a Grenade 2 driver and going from there.

Now don't take that as me trashing what they do, I check in on those guys from time to time, but there are SOOOOOOO many videos of dude hitting golf shots on youtube and talking about clubs. I would like our video stuff to be a bit different.

I'd like video reviews because I am sometimes too lazy to read haha.

I do think THP had the best reviews, but sometimes I think an unboxing type video like what these guys on youtube do with just some first impressions on looks and feel etc. would be a good complement.

I'd like video reviews because I am sometimes too lazy to read haha.

I do think THP had the best reviews, but sometimes I think an unboxing type video like what these guys on youtube do with just some first impressions on looks and feel etc. would be a good complement.

With the THP Live stuff starting, we are going to have some live unboxing videos coming up. It's actually pretty exciting.

*Not aiming at you* But I find it somewhat amusing that folks are asking for video reviews, when they don't watch the videos we put out now.

This is a good point but here's an idea that I would like to see. With a written review sometimes things are left to the imagination. For example, I see a lot of people on here commenting on how something looks at address or sounds. I think a video review that could somehow capture these things could be helpful. Now obviously a video isn't going to capture these things in perfect detail but the missing pieces could be left to the commentary provided. We do not need 12 minute videos on one product or another but a 3-5 minute video with feedback and impressions from "real golfers" would be pretty cool I think.

This is a good point but here's an idea that I would like to see. With a written review sometimes things are left to the imagination. For example, I see a lot of people on here commenting on how something looks at address or sounds. I think a video review that could somehow capture these things could be helpful. Now obviously a video isn't going to capture these things in perfect detail but the missing pieces could be left to the commentary provided. We do not need 12 minute videos on one product or another but a 3-5 minute video with feedback and impressions from "real golfers" would be pretty cool I think.

Thanks for the feedback. My first test with this was this article. I'm curious to your feedback.
https://www.thehackersparadise.com/titleist-917-f2-fairway-wood-review/

I tend to agree w/ ddec here. Every reviewer updates the thread as they test the club, so the feelings about the first 3-5 swings might be "stale" over time. Video is nice, but I think in some cases you can do more with the written word, and this is an example. And having a few launch monitor readings flash by on the screen doesn't really do anything for me - those aren't my numbers, and I wouldn't expect them to be.

With the THP Live stuff starting, we are going to have some live unboxing videos coming up. It's actually pretty exciting.

*Not aiming at you* But I find it somewhat amusing that folks are asking for video reviews, when they don't watch the videos we put out now.

I like the idea of the live unboxing videos, and will watch some of them when possible.

yeah its mind boggling, but then again I can relate, I am subscribed to a bunch of channels on Youtube and not all of the content is interesting to me, THP included. some types of videos are more enticing than others, and it changes for everyone. what is interesting to me is probably what some others don't really want to see.

Thanks for the feedback. My first test with this was this article. I'm curious to your feedback.
https://www.thehackersparadise.com/titleist-917-f2-fairway-wood-review/

So yes I remember this review. This is kind of what I'm getting at but mixing this with a Rick Shiels type video. The video on this review is 100% technical and that's cool, I like the technical aspect as well but I also want to see this club at address. I want to hear it struck. I want to hear your feedback as you're looking at it and hitting it. It is easier for me to relate to watching and listening to your comments rather than reading them after the fact. To me it makes more of an impact in video form.

So yes I remember this review. This is kind of what I'm getting at but mixing this with a Rick Shiels type video. The video on this review is 100% technical and that's cool, I like the technical aspect as well but I also want to see this club at address. I want to hear it struck. I want to hear your feedback as you're looking at it and hitting it. It is easier for me to relate to watching and listening to your comments rather than reading them after the fact. To me it makes more of an impact in video form.

Thanks for the feedback, I think you will like what I am trying to do for a couple of reviews that are currently in process.

Thanks for the feedback, I think you will like what I am trying to do for a couple of reviews that are currently in process.

thanks for taking the feedback, not everyone would react that way

I completely agree. If I could get my hands on all of the different offerings a guy like Rick Shiels does I would be willing to create some test videos... hint hint :wink:

You can. Walk into most golf stores and they have all of them.

While I do enjoy Shiels more then most because of his positive attitude, I think like ddec stated they are pretty much standard fare. The exception being Crossfields who spends half of his club reviews crapping on technology and marketing.

I would like our guys to be a bit more unique and its starting to come together that way.

thanks for taking the feedback, not everyone would react that way

I'm a media guy. I don't have the necessary equipment to make anything extravagant at the moment, but for me there are only so many ways to say certain things because I am not a wordsmith likes my buddy James. With all that said, there are times where I need a 2nd person around to help film stuff and that is usually not in the cards. But we shall see how things shake out going forward.

Just to be clear, I don't want you to think I am trashing anything about the reviews on THP. The reviews and feedback from real unbiased individuals is why I joined and participate on THP. My point was to emphasize that some people, obviously myself included, are more visual learners and comprehend more visually, that's all.

I'm a media guy. I don't have the necessary equipment to make anything extravagant at the moment, but for me there are only so many ways to say certain things because I am not a wordsmith likes my buddy James. With all that said, there are times where I need a 2nd person around to help film stuff and that is usually not in the cards. But we shall see how things shake out going forward.

As someone in a technical field, I enjoy the "direct, to the point" style of writing.

We've talked about getting together for some testing sometime - if you need a cameraman, I'd be happy to help out. I can at least promise a lack of a "Cloverfield-esque" experience.

YouTube golfers

Based on what has been filling the channel, I think those that prefer video format are pretty excited.

And of course now we have opened it up to thpers to do their own live streaming.

Just to be clear, I don't want you to think I am trashing anything about the reviews on THP. The reviews and feedback from real unbiased individuals is why I joined and participate on THP. My point was to emphasize that some people, obviously myself included, are more visual learners and comprehend more visually, that's all.

absolutely not, I'm not taking it that way at all. I am never opposed to feedback whether it be good, bad, or whatever. I think it's a good discussion.

As someone in a technical field, I enjoy the "direct, to the point" style of writing.

We've talked about getting together for some testing sometime - if you need a cameraman, I'd be happy to help out. I can at least promise a lack of a "Cloverfield-esque" experience.

I watched that for the first time like a month ago. We can easily recreate that.

Based on what has been filling the channel, I think those that prefer video format are pretty excited.

And of course now we have opened it up to thpers to do their own live streaming.

absolutely. I'm hoping to get my FB channel ready to go today and hopefully get out on the course tonight(weather pending).

I'm debating bumping up to the unlimited plan on my phone partly for this reason. Could be a lot of fun.

I'm debating bumping up to the unlimited plan on my phone partly for this reason. Could be a lot of fun.

that is one thing I am a bit worried about is my data.

I'm really looking forward to some of the Facebook live stuff. I might need to create a new account though so my "facebook friends" don't get to watch

I used to watch nearly everything golf-related I could find on YouTube, but these days I only really keep up with Mark Crossfield. As much as I can understand certain people finding him annoying, which I can understand, in person he's an incredibly nice guy. I've had the opportunity to get a lesson from him and he's got a really good teaching method. Also, his swing speed and his analysis of his own swing are far more relateable for me than nearly everyone else out there.

Back