I used to watch nearly everything golf-related I could find on YouTube, but these days I only really keep up with Mark Crossfield. As much as I can understand certain people finding him annoying, which I can understand, in person he's an incredibly nice guy. I've had the opportunity to get a lesson from him and he's got a really good teaching method. Also, his swing speed and his analysis of his own swing are far more relateable for me than nearly everyone else out there.

your lesson with him was fun to watch. Pretty damn cool experience.

I do enjoy Peter Finch's channel, and watch Sheils quite a bit as well but I prefer Finch's commentary I guess.

THP Youtube content is awesome, and has yielded me a wedge so you could say I'm a huge fan :)

I used to watch nearly everything golf-related I could find on YouTube, but these days I only really keep up with Mark Crossfield. As much as I can understand certain people finding him annoying, which I can understand, in person he's an incredibly nice guy. I've had the opportunity to get a lesson from him and he's got a really good teaching method. Also, his swing speed and his analysis of his own swing are far more relateable for me than nearly everyone else out there.

I'd love to but he blocked me on Facebook and Twitter :)

THP, Me and My Golf, and Scratch Golf Academy

does anyone here watch fried eggs golf? some of the stuff these guys are putting out is hilarious

absolutely. I'm hoping to get my FB channel ready to go today and hopefully get out on the course tonight(weather pending).

Were you able to get a facebook live going last night for THP?

Were you able to get a facebook live going last night for THP?

I was not. Course time ended up not happening, and with it being so damn windy, the sound would have been awful. But I did get some things set up on he backend so I think we are ready to roll at the next opportunity.

When I do reviews on my site I tend to take the "everyman approach." You're likely not to have a ball launch monitor and perfect testing conditions when you play, so I give my impressions based on what any person could experience when testing a club.

I also think it's critical to compare what you are testing to what you are currently playing. No two golfers are alike, but we can all relate to wanting to improve on what we have.

With the gap between one brand to the next narrowing to a sliver, I feel this type of approach is most helpful to my readers/viewers.

I'd like video reviews because I am sometimes too lazy to read haha.

I do think THP had the best reviews, but sometimes I think an unboxing type video like what these guys on youtube do with just some first impressions on looks and feel etc. would be a good complement.
An unboxing video is different IMO than a full video review (and I agree those type of videos would be cool). Honestly however, I'd much rather read the review. Easier to go back and scroll through particular thoughts (and search for them again) rather than trying to find a spot in a video.

An unboxing video is different IMO than a full video review. Honestly, I'd much rather read the review. Easier to go back and scroll through particular thoughts (and search for them again) rather than trying to find a spot in a video.
I agree, that's why I said they would be a nice complement, I'd probably still want to read the review

People really want to see unboxing of new clubs that can be seen at every store or most commercials? I would think the tech behind the club would be more important.

The reviews from the staff writers combined with the tech videos on the THP channel should be more than enough to make an informed choice on a club.

As far as YouTube golf pros or reviewers, people like them and that's all that really matters to me. I don't but that's me.

I agree, that's why I said they would be a nice complement, I'd probably still want to read the review

I can honestly say that unboxing is something THP did for a LONG time years ago and to be honest, very few watched them in entirety.
We have discussed doing some of them again in a different sort of format internally and have not decided yay or nay as of yet.

The issue really becomes is the content going to be viewed enough to put in the time it takes to record to meet the THP TV standards. It is not as easy as pressing record and then opening a box. Well, I mean it is as easy, but not on the THP TV channel. We have expanded the channel in a huge way over the last 120 days and think it is getting there. As long as people continue to tune in, we will continue to make the investment necessary to bring completely exclusive and unique content.

I can honestly say that unboxing is something THP did for a LONG time years ago and to be honest, very few watched them in entirety.
We have discussed doing some of them again in a different sort of format internally and have not decided yay or nay as of yet.

The issue really becomes is the content going to be viewed enough to put in the time it takes to record to meet the THP TV standards. It is not as easy as pressing record and then opening a box. Well, I mean it is as easy, but not on the THP TV channel. We have expanded the channel in a huge way over the last 120 days and think it is getting there. As long as people continue to tune in, we will continue to make the investment necessary to bring completely exclusive and unique content.

Personally I could care less about unboxing of clubs. I much prefer interviews with the people that make the clubs and some of the behind the scenes views of places that I didn't know existed. Oh and contests are always awesome. THPTV has evolved to where you HAVE to see every video that comes up.

People really want to see unboxing of new clubs that can be seen at every store or most commercials? I would think the tech behind the club would be more important.

The reviews from the staff writers combined with the tech videos on the THP channel should be more than enough to make an informed choice on a club.

As far as YouTube golf pros or reviewers, people like them and that's all that really matters to me. I don't but that's me.

I tend to agree, but I'm not opposed to the idea. What's crazy is the unboxing stuff is not just limited to the golf space. I watch a lot of tech stuff on youtube and there are so many unboxing videos that just get a ton of views. Not sure I need to see an unboxing of a galaxy s8 or red iphone, when I can just go to the store and see/hold them myself. But yet, they get views.

Personally I could care less about unboxing of clubs. I much prefer interviews with the people that make the clubs and some of the behind the scenes views of places that I didn't know existed. Oh and contests are always awesome. THPTV has evolved to where you HAVE to see every video that comes up.

One thing I like about our videos, esp lately, is that there are a ton of facts straight from the product experts in them. I watched another golf personality do a video on golf balls the other day. He was talking about one golf ball and then saying it was similar to what another company had out there with ball X. But those golf balls are aimed at two completely different markets and if you watch any of the videos(ours, theirs, and others), it will show what was being said is inaccurate. I think that is a trap that some video spots can run in to.

One thing I like about our videos, esp lately, is that there are a ton of facts straight from the product experts in them. I watched another golf personality do a video on golf balls the other day. He was talking about one golf ball and then saying it was similar to what another company had out there with ball X. But those golf balls are aimed at two completely different markets and if you watch any of the videos(ours, theirs, and others), it will show what was being said is inaccurate. I think that is a trap that some video spots can run in to.

I agree. Not trying to kiss butt or anything, but I have watched several other YouTube golf channels and they will start talking about things (balls is the one that springs to mind) and I have to stop watching because I know more about the topic then they do.

That is 99.9% due to THP and lately a lot of the information I get from these videos.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For instruction, Shawn Clement.

For course vlogs, I've been watching a lot of these guys lately:

Awesome quality, not a ton of talk.

I agree. Not trying to kiss butt or anything, but I have watched several other YouTube golf channels and they will start talking about things (balls is the one that springs to mind) and I have to stop watching because I know more about the topic then they do.

That is 99.9% due to THP and lately a lot of the information I get from these videos.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's a good feeling isn't it? I think the stuff that has been coming out on THP TV has been really well done. Clearly I am biased, but I'm pretty excited with the direction things are going.

I tend to agree, but I'm not opposed to the idea. What's crazy is the unboxing stuff is not just limited to the golf space. I watch a lot of tech stuff on youtube and there are so many unboxing videos that just get a ton of views. Not sure I need to see an unboxing of a galaxy s8 or red iphone, when I can just go to the store and see/hold them myself. But yet, they get views.

I think at least in the tech space sometimes the packaging is semi-interesting and novel. An unboxing of PING clubs would be about the opposite. 8 irons in a box with little booties on them. To me, the unboxing is your first impression of a tech device, but I'm not sure it's the same in golf.

Even still - like you said I still don't understand how there can be so many videos of people opening phone boxes.

I think at least in the tech space sometimes the packaging is semi-interesting and novel. An unboxing of PING clubs would be about the opposite. 8 irons in a box with little booties on them. To me, the unboxing is your first impression of a tech device, but I'm not sure it's the same in golf.

Even still - like you said I still don't understand how there can be so many videos of people opening phone boxes.

eeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrmmmmmmmmmyyyyyyyyyyygggggggggggggaaaaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwdddddddddddddddddd this iphone box takes exactly 3 seconds to open!

Yeah, the phone thing has always blown my mind, especially because there's never any substance.

I think in the case of THP the unboxing could be really refined and become more of a blend of unboxing and hot take. The ability for us writers to drop some tech and info that may not be known or has just been glossed over in the mass marketing blurbs that get put out there. Take the M1 3W for example, I could hit it with the visuals and explain the return on the speed-slot and how much the weight has been relocated to give a little insight but still keep it short and concise. Its something I'm happy we are re-visiting because I truly think it has its uses.

Yeah, the phone thing has always blown my mind, especially because there's never any substance.

I think in the case of THP the unboxing could be really refined and become more of a blend of unboxing and hot take. The ability for us writers to drop some tech and info that may not be known or has just been glossed over in the mass marketing blurbs that get put out there. Take the M1 3W for example, I could hit it with the visuals and explain the return on the speed-slot and how much the weight has been relocated to give a little insight but still keep it short and concise. Its something I'm happy we are re-visiting because I truly think it has its uses.

Yeah, that's what I was thinking of when I was saying the actual unboxing isn't really important in golf, I think - it's more that first range session or first few swings where you get your first impression. It's the equivalent of turning the phone on for the first time.

That's more or less what I envisioned. If it was simply "Oh hey, here is a driver in a box, and now it's out of the box! See? Shiny." I'd be all "Big deal." however if it were "Oh hey, here is a driver in a box, and look at this feature and that feature. Well this is a different look from last year, and the feature we all loved on that driver is now gone ... blah blah blah." I'd be all like "Cool bro."

With the THP Live stuff starting, we are going to have some live unboxing videos coming up. It's actually pretty exciting.

*Not aiming at you* But I find it somewhat amusing that folks are asking for video reviews, when they don't watch the videos we put out now.

I do enjoy much of what is put out by THPMedia. I like having access to the OEM guys and hearing how things are run and made.

Back