Callaway Superhot 70 Golf Ball

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
New for this year is the Superhot 70 Golf ball from Callaway.

In stores - 2/3
Cost - $27.99 for 15 pack

Superhot 70, a three-piece ball that combines long distance, accurate flight and satisfying feel, has been improved with a new, faster core and cover combination that’s designed to lower spin off the long clubs and promote more distance with straighter flight.

superhot-70-15-ball-box-2017.jpg

3 pieces, eh? Interesting. Not a bad price for 15 balls. Sounds like they want something firmer than a SuperSoft but not in the old Warbird territory.

A three-piece 15 pack ball at that price point is very nice. Does the 70 stand for the compression?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Admin
A three-piece 15 pack ball at that price point is very nice. Does the 70 stand for the compression?

Yes it does.

That's a pretty solid deal for 15 balls - is the e7 a good comparison for this ball? Soft, but not super soft, and 3 piece?

• Admin
That's a pretty solid deal for 15 balls - is the e7 a good comparison for this ball? Soft, but not super soft, and 3 piece?

If you want a comparison outside of the brand, I would say NXT Tour would be pretty close.

Yes it does.

If you want a comparison outside of the brand, I would say NXT Tour would be pretty close.

That's really good. I'm definitely giving these a try. That compression is a good medium. Not too hard not too soft.

I will be interested to see how the extra 15 compression from last year's model correlates to my game. Loved the SH55, and was keeping it in play a lot more than higher compression balls.

I don't know about the superhot 70 but the superhot 55 gave me about 10-15 yards more off the tee, really liked the SH55,
for me at least distance is king... 90 mph swing speed.

I'm a fan of Callaway's 3-piece surlyn balls.

That makes these a definite need to try as I've played the next tour and it is a good ball, so I will have to get some of these to try out.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

oh this is very interesting. That's right in my sweet spot for design and compression. Does it come in yellow?

I don't know about the superhot 70 but the superhot 55 gave me about 10-15 yards more off the tee, really liked the SH55,
for me at least distance is king... 90 mph swing speed.

I am torn on the 70 vs. the 55. I find that the 70 launches higher and is about 5 to 10 yards longer with the longer clubs for me than the 55. However, I find the 55's softer feel is much better around the green and for putting. I think I need a Superhot 62.5!!!!

I am torn on the 70 vs. the 55. I find that the 70 launches higher and is about 5 to 10 yards longer with the longer clubs for me than the 55. However, I find the 55's softer feel is much better around the green and for putting. I think I need a Superhot 62.5!!!!

B330RX is 65.

Anybody play these and have some long term opinions?
Thanks

Back