Cobra Bio Cell vs Fly-z 3-4 wood?

capecodbeach

Reaction score
Handicap
Need some advice re: selecting between the Cobra Fly or Bio Cell 3-4 wood... not the plus model in either. Head size is big which I do want. Adjustability is also a plus for both. I noticed the shaft weight for regular shaft is higher in the Fly... up 10 grams (68 vs 58) from the Bio. I ruled out TM SLDR because the shaft was so damn heavy and felt boardy to me. Will the 58g shaft in the Bio feel more lively to me??? D2 vs D3 swing weight anything to be concerned about? Also... Cobra is promoting their "Speed Channel" around the face for the Fly. Does the speed channel actually make a difference? I have hit the Fly-Z and did hit it well. Have not found a Bio C to hit so I would be buying it blind... probably thru Global Golf. Bottomline: Will I notice the shaft being heavier in the FLY? Will the Speed Channel" be worth the increase in weight? My current 3 wood is a reliable Tour Edge CB-1 15 degree with I think a 55g shaft? Any thoughts??? Bio? Fly-Z? thanks.
golfer.gif

They are pretty different clubs.
Out of them I very much preferred the Fly-Z.

They are pretty different clubs.
Out of them I very much preferred the Fly-Z.

My thoughts as well. I never got along with the Bio or Amp Cell fairways, but the Fly-Z was a good club. It never really fit in my gapping very well, but it launched much easier and sounded/felt significantly better.

Cobra Bio Cell vs Fly-z 3-4 wood?

I agree on the Fly-z. Was very good and very easy to hit when I tried them out.

I have the Biocell and a good buddy who i shoot with quite a bit has the Fly-Z. I prefer the Biocell for off the tee and the fly-z for off the deck. The fly-z for me was much easier to launch off the deck and just felt better. But the Biocell off the tee has been a bomber for me. I will say I did find more success with the biocell once I switched the shaft to the + series Redtie.

Never have hit the Bio Cell, but have used the Fly-Z sort of as a mini driver/long par 3 club. Def. a larger head and deeper face for a 3W.
If/when you decide to take the plunge, I have a 3/4W Fly-Z (Regular Flex shaft too) for sale and am located in Upstate NY :0)

I have the Fly Z 3w & 5w. I don't know if they're any larger or deeper than most and actually shallower than some, but they are easy to hit.

I have the Bio Cell 2-3H, 3-4 & 5-7 Fairways......I can really depend upon them for performance off the deck... Recently, i moved up to the Senior Tees at my club and now I am hitting the 3-4 W off the Tee on several holes. Can't see the need to change them out......yet.

Back