2016 Weight Loss and Nutrition Thread

I posted some in the old thread at the start of 2015, so I figured I would start 2016 the same way since I have more weight to lose. I was overweight before, but gained about 15 lbs in the last 4 months of 2015.

I always do so much better at losing weight when I have an event as a goal. In 2012 I lost 25+ lbs training for a 1/2 marathon and did pretty well in losing some weight before the Gauntlet in 2014. So I figured I'd use a THP event that I haven't gotten in to as my motivation for the 1st half of the year.

My goal is to lose 30 lbs by the DC/MD/VA vs Carolinas Regional Rivalry. That is almost exactly 6 months from today on July 9th. That's a little over a 1lb a week with 26 weeks remaining and I think it is definitely a goal that can be accomplished. I also decided to join Healthywage.com as more motivation to lose weight so I have some money riding on it....just in case I don't get into the Regional Rivalry event. So I'm betting $50 per month that I'll lose the 30 lbs by July 9th.

I definitely can lose a lot more than 30lbs, but it is a good start. After Regional Rivalry, I'll just use the Grandaddy to lose another 20 or 30 lbs. :D

Time for me to get back on track. The holidays and other poor eating choices have me up 10lbs.

Props to MrsV. She has been killing it lately with WW and working out. She did 12 miles on the bike last night and didnt leave for the gym until 8:30 last night. Shes absolutely determined. Pretty cool to watch and i dont know how much longer i can go without joining her. Its really inspiring stuff

187 at weigh in this morning.
2 more lbs to go to reach PGA Show goal.

Props to MrsV. She has been killing it lately with WW and working out. She did 12 miles on the bike last night and didnt leave for the gym until 8:30 last night. Shes absolutely determined. Pretty cool to watch and i dont know how much longer i can go without joining her. Its really inspiring stuff

I am sure she would love it dude. It is always great to have someone holding you accountable and someone you can share the struggles successes with. I say you go for it

I am sure she would love it dude. It is always great to have someone holding you accountable and someone you can share the struggles successes with. I say you go for it

Ya I'm already dieting a little bit and joined a couple wellness challenges at work. Got myself a Fitbit and it's addicting to see how active I can be

• Admin
Wow, that is impressive! Major kudos to her. Way to go Mrs. V!!!

Well, I did it today, I walked my first 18 holes EVER today. I even had to go buy a new bag, hehehe, because I couldn't find the shoulder strap for my old bag. I wasn't going to make any excuses today though, gotta get 2016 started the right way. I had a Clif bar on hole 10 and I'd say that was easily burned. 129 slope rating, and I was definitely feeling it by the time I hit the back 9. Hole 15 is where I really started getting tired and 15 and 16 have the biggest elevation changes on the course. Pushed through and thankfully 17 is downhill and 18 is fairly flat, 2 valleys and slightly uphill. Finished my round in 3hrs 45mins, got held up behind a 5some for a few holes. Pretty sure I'll be feeling it tomorrow, but I gotta start somewhere! Had a 6" Subway Club on wheat to celebrate.

Last edited:
congratulations!!!

Well, I did it today, I walked my first 18 holes today. I even had to go buy a new bag, hehehe, because I couldn't find the shoulder strap for my old bag. I wasn't going to make any excuses today though, gotta get 2016 started the right way. I had a Clif bar on hole 10 and I'd say that was easily burned. 129 slope rating, and I was definitely feeling it by the time I hit the back 9. Hole 15 is where I really started getting tired and 15 and 16 have the biggest elevation changes on the course. Pushed through and thankfully 17 is downhill and 18 is fairly flat, 2 valleys and slightly uphill. Finished my round in 3hrs 45mins, got held up behind a 5some for a few holes. Pretty sure I'll be feeling it tomorrow, but I gotta start somewhere! Had a 6" Subway Club on wheat to celebrate.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

I just made the stairmaster my b**** .... 200 flights and my calves are on fire

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's evil.

Britany is thinking about a trip to Disney for the Half Marathon... Perhaps you'd be interested. (I believe it's like a ladies trip)

Refeed night for me so its pizza :)
Love the weekly refeeds

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Started back to the gym this week, now to get my diet in order. I have some pretty good meal plans for lunch and dinner, but I need more variety for breakfast, anyone have any favorites for breakfast besides oatmeal?

I usually do an omelette with veggies and a coffee before gym days, and a coffee on non-gym days.
Started back to the gym this week, now to get my diet in order. I have some pretty good meal plans for lunch and dinner, but I need more variety for breakfast, anyone have any favorites for breakfast besides oatmeal?

Eggs are healthy if you use olive oil instead of butter and don't slather them in cheese.

Pants started fitting really tight at the end of last year, so this year I'm back on the workout train.

Started LAST Sunday. I was at 183. I've worked out every day since, except Wednesday as that's my chosen off day. I'm now down to 180, so that's a good start.

Been watching what I eat and drink a TON of water, not so much pop at all, which is a reverse opposite of what I use to do.

If it wasn't for the boss buying breakfast for us all this morning, I'd still be 100% on my diet. I didn't go crazy though, just got one sausage biscuit and a large diet Dr Pepper.

Will be working with my brothers trainer focused on nutrition with a 16 week plan.

I envision a 175lb lean, mean, birdie machine. Better not let me down. :D
Will be working with my brothers trainer focused on nutrition with a 16 week plan.

Last year between October and February I lost 35 pounds. Then golf started up and I didnt hit the gym all summer. I didnt gain any weight through the remainder of the year but still at the end felt like I put it back on if that makes sense. Started again at the gym about 2 weeks ago and im already starting to feel much better about myself. Just getting into the habit has been tough. I just keep telling myself "if it was for golf you would get up everyday at 5am." Looking forward to this thread and the motivation. Good luck everyone!

Down 4 lbs first week. Feel great and also picked up some Oh Yeah bars to try.

Back