Electronics Pondering

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does your TV remote not have that already? Our Vizio TV in the theater room has Netflix button, Amazon button, etc.
It does. But I hate having a remote for the TV. Remote for the fios box. And a remote for the surround sound. Having one to do it all makes it easier. Plus I like the "all on" button. Everything ready to go with one hit.

And let's be honest here, I'm a sucker for a gadget.
Here is the ifit app running as I am about to begin my run.

033a18ed1b112ceb173ceb5d02ff6035.jpg

That's pretty cool. Definitely takes your mind off having to be on a treadmill.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Check on a Harmony 650 remote or the 700 if best buy still has it on cyber sale.
1 button turns tv on & switches it to hmdi1, turns on directv box, turns receiver on & switch it to satellite.
1 button for dvd turns it on & makes corrections for it & turns off direct tv. Easy to set up

Check on a Harmony 650 remote or the 700 if best buy still has it on cyber sale.
1 button turns tv on & switches it to hmdi1, turns on directv box, turns receiver on & switch it to satellite.
1 button for dvd turns it on & makes corrections for it & turns off direct tv. Easy to set up

I snagged the 700. On sale for $40!!

Here is the ifit app running as I am about to begin my run.

033a18ed1b112ceb173ceb5d02ff6035.jpg
This actually came on the stationary bike I bought yesterday. I am trying to figure out if the subscription is worth it. It would be neat to bike in different places.

This actually came on the stationary bike I bought yesterday. I am trying to figure out if the subscription is worth it. It would be neat to bike in different places.

They have a deal right now.. 50 bucks for your first year. Might make the decision easier to at least try it?

They have a deal right now.. 50 bucks for your first year. Might make the decision easier to at least try it?

You using it?

I looked into it, but probably not. It's a great idea but if I ran or biked I'd probably be more inclined to go the netflix route.

Netflix streaming makes mundane indoor cycling better. That + Zwift makes it tolerable.

Netflix streaming makes mundane indoor cycling better. That + Zwift makes it tolerable.

ahahaha I don't need an app to tell me how bad I am at cycling.

ahahaha I don't need an app to tell me how bad I am at cycling.

I could video conference in and yell at you?

Yell at me for being an awful cyclist? You're going to cripple my confidence, friend!

It's called tough love.

What's the point of Cyber Monday if I can't order the item and have it shipped to me??? Not a single Best Buy in Utah has the Harmony 700 remote in stock so I can't even buy it and pick it up like they want...

I saw that and that might make the purchase easier.

It really depends on how much someone will use the other features. The Map thing is nice for me, and I like running throughout the world in different spots. I like creating the maps and it tracks it rather well. But if its not a motivator, or one would rather watch TV or something else, I would say probably not.

You also have to make sure that the device does not need the wifi module, then its back to $100.

It really depends on how much someone will use the other features. The Map thing is nice for me, and I like running throughout the world in different spots. I like creating the maps and it tracks it rather well. But if its not a motivator, or one would rather watch TV or something else, I would say probably not.

You also have to make sure that the device does not need the wifi module, then its back to $100.

This is a good point, and my new TV is going where the bike is. I think I will just ride the bike while watching tv. Thank you for the insight.

Good lord I love the Surface Pro. Have enough video content on there for any length of travel and the best part is, if I want to change something, just pop in the SD card filled with more. Want to connect to something? Use the USB. Its just so easy, works so well and handles consumption better than any device I have used to date.

Been a big fan of my Surface Pro too. Had it 2 years now come Christmas. Will upgrade to a newer model eventually.

Been a big fan of my Surface Pro too. Had it 2 years now come Christmas. Will upgrade to a newer model eventually.

We got the Surface Pro 3, because the 4 just did not seem like a huge upgrade for a couple of hundred bucks. I did get the 4 model of keyboard, which I like more. Its fantastic.

We got the Surface Pro 3, because the 4 just did not seem like a huge upgrade for a couple of hundred bucks. I did get the 4 model of keyboard, which I like more. Its fantastic.
I've got the original. And it's been great. I'm sure the newer editions have only improved on it.

I've got the original. And it's been great. I'm sure the newer editions have only improved on it.

I had the original too. Wait till you try the 3 or 4. Blazing fast, crazy really. Just a great machine, and I got the basic i3 one.

I've been debating between the pro 3 and an iPad Air for a month or so now. What made you go surface?

I had the original too. Wait till you try the 3 or 4. Blazing fast, crazy really. Just a great machine, and I got the basic i3 one.

Yeah, my wife has the 3 and I have the original (which I think I paid $299 for on closeout at Best Buy). I really like the original, but the 3 absolutely blows it out of the water.

I've been debating between the pro 3 and an iPad Air for a month or so now. What made you go surface?

Ability to expand storage.
It runs a full OS, rather than a mobile OS. Keyboard and system work flawlessly. Its a faster machine at handling heavy tasks. I have a new Ipad Mini and it collects dust now, because this is so much more complete.

Ability to expand storage.
It runs a full OS, rather than a mobile OS. Keyboard and system work flawlessly. Its a faster machine at handling heavy tasks. I have a new Ipad Mini and it collects dust now, because this is so much more complete.

The full Os and expanded storage have me leaning that way, though I'm not sure I need something to handle heavy tasks as its really more for consuming content rather than generating it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back