The 2015 Grandaddy - Chance Of A Lifetime

Team is almost filled out and will be soon. How nutty is that....Exciting for sure.

Count on it. 35+ down since all this started, shooting for another 15-20 by December.

Not to mention for other reasons too! #LikeRidingABike :D

Playing with a purpose is the greatest golf motivator of them all! Good luck boys!

Congrats, Taylor and Dean!

This is shaping into one solid team - which will be lean and mean, by the sounds of it!
Looking forward to seeing who rounds things out.

Congrats to you both...

giphy.gif

Lol but seriously congrats, pretty jealous! Should be the time of your lives!

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

So I'm swamped at work and decided last night that I'd try to go to bed somewhat early so I'd be rested and productive today. I turned the light out around 9:30 and then promptly laid wide awake until 12:30 trying to think of entries for the last contest. So I am not all that rested. And it's not looking good on productivity either--I've spent the first half hour in the office reading Grandaddy threads. But some things are more important than work right?

LOVE LOVE LOVE the excitement and anticipation to see who rounds out this team.

Crazy that we are almost there.

No matter what or who, I mean this from the bottom of my heart, I really hope you ALL enjoy watching the journey unfold and us going to bat with the #ZooCrew for all of THP.

You know what I LOVE even more about this year. The contests have come fast and furious! The team will be rounded out before October!

No matter what or who, I mean this from the bottom of my heart, I really hope you ALL enjoy watching the journey unfold and us going to bat with the #ZooCrew for all of THP.
Two more people will get to experience something only in our dreams for most. Hoping I have some luck on this last contest thought I was going to miss out on the contests again but my project that week got canceled at work so fingers crossed.

Either way I can wait to see #redemption bring it to the the #zoocrew.

Posted just for Dev using Tapatalk

Rare opportunity during the early hours of Sunday morning. Found myself sitting with 3 grandaddy vets listening to all their stories from December.
af661b2833157daabd9ab112d28dfb75.jpg

going back and quoting this post and picture. Was so glad to have been a fly on the wall for those conversations. Now fast forward to yesterday's announcement. Oh man, I'm going to #TheGrandaddy!

I hope I can provide some added value to the team as someone who has gone through the before. I know that I am going to be spending a lot more time on short game and putting this year. The full swing is obviously important, but I really feel like where I could have built some momentum against Finley was around the greens. He got up and down a ton, and as anyone who has played in match play before knows, someone getting up and down all the time is super frustrating.

going back and quoting this post and picture. Was so glad to have been a fly on the wall for those conversations. Now fast forward to yesterday's announcement. Oh man, I'm going to #TheGrandaddy!

Listening to Taylor, Tyler, #Cookie & CJ talk about this one in Branson was great also. Just seeing the excitement & appreciation for what they experienced had me chomping at the bit to be selected... I'm sure I'll lose it at some point emotionally so in advance my allergies will be acting up in December.

Speaking of which, and I am not sure if it goes best in here or elsewhere, does anyone have any recommendations on a solid putting training aid? Something to help keep the stroke ingrained?

I was the airport last night waiting for my sons cars seat at the oversize baggage location. Of course golf clubs start rolling through and I notice one has a Hideaway travel bag. In my head I started day dreaming about teeing it up in the Granddaddy with my fellow THPers.

Speaking of which, and I am not sure if it goes best in here or elsewhere, does anyone have any recommendations on a solid putting training aid? Something to help keep the stroke ingrained?
Ladder drill and hours and hours on the putting green. I am a big believer you need to make your putting stroke your own. If you ingrain your own habits (unless they are awful)and make it work they hold up under pressure if you put yourself in forced positions with aids those positions under pressure are not as easy to hit. Aids have their place for sure but being so close to go time I think any changes made you need to keep in mind they need to hold under the pressure. Just my two cents

I heard of the grandaddy through Tpluff and michiganslice when I met up with them last winter for some simulator time. Their stories (and equipment) were unbelievable. Everything 1st class.

I feel like Charlie trying to get the golden ticket right now.

Good luck everyone!

I'm gonna love watching Team Redemption bring the belt home, that's for sure.

Just went through the Gauntlet pics and man, it made me think of what could be come December. I want in this event so bad. The Teammates, The Golf, The equipment, The Hideaway, and of course, The Grandaddy's second place team - the Zoocrew. Life couldn't possibly get any better than that.

The last 2 spots are up for grabs.... Crazy how quickly it's all come about. Excited to see #TeamRedemption go out there and whoop up on the #ZooCrew with incredible new equipment. The new 816 is soooooooo much fun to hit!

Ladder drill and hours and hours on the putting green. I am a big believer you need to make your putting stroke your own. If you ingrain your own habits (unless they are awful)and make it work they hold up under pressure if you put yourself in forced positions with aids those positions under pressure are not as easy to hit. Aids have their place for sure but being so close to go time I think any changes made you need to keep in mind they need to hold under the pressure. Just my two cents

Probably what I needed to hear to be honest. Thanks Ron

I have faith Team Redemption can get that belt! Regardless of what happens with this last contest, I'm looking forward to that. For now, I need to gather as many lucky charms as i can and pray....hehehe

The last time we played you putted well. If anything would say slow downs touch because you rushed a few putts, but your reading greens was spot on. I'm working on speed and lag putting a lot. I'm hoping to be firing at pins, but I'll aim center of the green most of the time and trust my speed/lag putting.

I really like the gate drill. It ensures the putter is being maintained on path. Also, you can do it inside with ball sleeves or outside with tees. Furyk does a version where he creates a 2nd gate about 12 inches out from the impact point for the ball to roll through. This is really good stuff.

I will be joining you in the loss column. I should hit sub 180 by this event and my goals of losing it all before then are taking shape.

Thanks for losing all of this weight guys and letting me borrow it.

Back