DFW & Surrounding Area Chat Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good lord, there are only 740 posts in the Houston thread and it started two months earlier than this thread (April vs June)! Apparently we are slacking just a tad.

I've tried to revive that thread a few times, but no luck. Maybe 2015 is the year to get it rolling bc we have good guys here.

Enough Houston talk, this is the DFW thread after all

I've tried to revive that thread a few times, but no luck. Maybe 2015 is the year to get it rolling bc we have good guys here.

Enough Houston talk, this is the DFW thread after all
Its only about 50/50 :alien:

Below are the pairings for Sunday. Any changes need to be posted by tonight as I need to send this list to the course tomorrow morning. If you are on the list and unable to make it on Sunday you will still be responsible for the $53 green fee.

Stevens Park, Dallas
Sunday, 3/29
8AM

Group 1
1) Orange Hog
2) Dave Alvarado
3) cwmonroe87

Group 2
1) capt.dru
2) Nate
3) mpete

Group 3
1) Matthew
2) BigTex
3) afwcardinal
4) kapsularian

Group 4
1) txhacker34
2) GregDan
3) –CRW-

Group 5
1) nighthawk117a
2) #Cookie
3) spring182
4) staticline

Above has been sent to course and is now "official". See everyone Sunday!!

What time is everyone getting to the course?

I'm shooting for 7:00. They don't have a driving range, but I want to get in some putting warm-up.

Had my first lesson with Chris Clark out at Pecan Valley. Great guy. Had me start out correcting some fundamentals. Grips, upper body rotation, ball location in stance ext. Feels funky but results were good. Gonna do a series with him. He noticed first off how tall I am and noted that new clubs with longer shafts are a must in the long run for my play. I'm just bent over way too much and tend to top the ball occasionally. The local golfsmith is having their "come test 2015 clubs expo" this weekend. May go over and swing a few brands and see what I like.

Had my first lesson with Chris Clark out at Pecan Valley. Great guy. Had me start out correcting some fundamentals. Grips, upper body rotation, ball location in stance ext. Feels funky but results were good. Gonna do a series with him. He noticed first off how tall I am and noted that new clubs with longer shafts are a must in the long run for my play. I'm just bent over way too much and tend to top the ball occasionally. The local golfsmith is having their "come test 2015 clubs expo" this weekend. May go over and swing a few brands and see what I like.
Which Golfsmith?

Reminder, the UST event guys are going to be at Top Golf in The Colony tonight at 7pm. I'd completely forgotten about it but was planning on going.

7:15 or so.

If any of the UST guys need a ride to the course just hit me up and I'll help.

If any of the UST guys need a ride to the course just hit me up and I'll help.
Same here, I've got a crew cab truck so I can carry at most 4 other guys plus clubs.

Leonard Golf Links 2015 Spring Demo Day is scheduled for April 25th.

http://leonardgolflinks.com/newsletters/0315_1/email.htm

email_r1_c2.jpg
email_r1_c7.jpg
email_r1_c13.jpg

zemail2_r2_c2.jpg
zemail2_r2_c3.jpg
zemail_r2_c4.jpg

zemail2_r3_c2.jpg
zemail2_r3_c3.jpg
zemail2_r3_c4.jpg

Reminder, the UST event guys are going to be at Top Golf in The Colony tonight at 7pm. I'd completely forgotten about it but was planning on going.

The Colony has a Top Golf?! Another reason to visit my "hometown" at some point.

I think a few of us need to go down to San Antonio and show the guys in the Valero how to play in this Texas wind!!

Hey DFWers there is a local smokehouse I can walk to from my hotel called FM Smoke House. Wanted to see if anybody has tried it and if it is any good?

Hey DFWers there is a local smokehouse I can walk to from my hotel called FM Smoke House. Wanted to see if anybody has tried it and if it is any good?
Don't know anything about it. Sorry JB.

No worries. I might try it, depending on timing. Not sure I will be able to make it to Top Golf tonight, so was looking at alternatives.

I actually just passed it going to Irving and asked my buddy if he knew anything about it and he didn't even know it was there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back