2016 Grandaddy Of Em All - We Want You

Cannot believe I haven't seen this before......
I am going to be in prime shape come December. Ready to compete and have a blast in golfing nirvana!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm assuming that everyone is practicing and has this event on their mind while doing so. #hideawayorbust

#TheGrandaddy...

Its in December
Its all expenses paid
Its the trip of a lifetime
Gear, Golf, Good People

It's the event we all dream of !!

I'm assuming that everyone is practicing and has this event on their mind while doing so. #hideawayorbust
I don't want to just *get* to Hideaway.

I want leave Hideaway with the damn belt.

Backing on Freddie...

What are you doing to prep for game should your name be called?
Mental prep?
Short game prep?
Or sit back and wait until your name is called to prep?

Hopefully the later two...

If this isn't the top priority for THPers, after all that's occurred over the last few years, you must be insane. Sure hope my name is called for this one!

Backing on Freddie...

Mental prep?
Short game prep?

I am working on the whole game so I am as consistent as possible if my name is called.

for mental prep re-reading Dr. Bob Rotella books and incorporating some additional items he recommends like a journal of good shots.

at least 50% of my practice time this year will be on short game and putting.

I am working on the whole game so I am as consistent as possible if my name is called.

for mental prep re-reading Dr. Bob Rotella books and incorporating some additional items he recommends like a journal of good shots.

at least 50% of my practice time this year will be on short game and putting.

Definitely like hear that as being loved in the north makes it tough some times to stick to that plan.

If this isn't the top priority for THPers, after all that's occurred over the last few years, you must be insane. Sure hope my name is called for this one!

Bingo!

Backing on Freddie...

Mental prep?
Short game prep?

That would make a good thread...

Whether or not I am one of the lucky few to punch my ticket this year you better believe I will be training for it. I felt like I was so close last year to being a part of it and I will be putting in 10x the effort this year towards my game and being an active member of the THP community. THP in 2016 is about #ChangingTheGame and I plan on doing that in my life as well. Let's do this Canadan! Let's bring the belt where it belongs!

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Backing on Freddie...

Mental prep?
Short game prep?

If anyone is sitting back waiting to get called to prep.... Those people are backing up. In fact with everything going on in 2016. Not a single person should be stagnate in there preps for something ridiculously awesome in 2016.

Do want, me me me me!

Definitely like hear that as being loved in the north makes it tough some times to stick to that plan.

Its a tough time up north during this time if the year but I'm not letting it get in the way of prep. This past year as the first year I worked on the mental,game and when I let the mind get away from me during the round I could see it in scores. This coming year I want to continue to improve and instead if an overhaul of the mental side just keep adding to the arsenal. Last year was a mental journal of good shots with each club, this year I'm stepping it up to the physical journal so I can reflect on it during the week and on the range.

I am doing nothing different for Grandaddy prep than what I am doing to improve my overall golf game.
Best way to prep is to get to a handicap that travels.
Putt different greens, fast and hard.
Short game, short game, short game.
Get my driver to a place where consistency is automatic - one way miss.
Fitness and flexibility.
Really, what else can a golfer ask for?
I can promise that, whatever shape my game is in, it will travel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Its a tricky thing, how to prep in the winter. For me, it is going as follows:

Mental - a lot of reading - probably my favorite right now is Golf is not a Game of Perfect by Rotella. Approach the game differently when the season starts, and have a plan set up.

Physical - diet to drop some lbs, working on flexibility and a ton of stretching. Not very much swing work presently, I just have a hard time with lack of space and lack of facilities to access.

Once the season starts, the golf net and mat are going outside as soon as the thaw starts. Hopefully work a bit of rust off before the ranges start to open.....

I've been putting in more work this off-season than any other. I need something to distract me from two degree weather!

Mental: I also picked up Golf is not a Game of Perfect but haven't cracked it yet. I've had a couple of sales books to read for work and am finally finishing up.

Physical: I've been hitting the treadmill 4-5 days over the past few weeks and plan to do that through January. Once February hits I'll be switching to Insanity workouts.

I also purchased a deal in town where I can have unlimited use of a golf simulator for 30 days which only cost $50. There is a time limit of 8am-noon but I've been able to take an early lunch a few times to get my practice in. I've also been using my Swingbyte a ton on my putter and have rolled hundreds of putts. I'm looking to make 2016 my best yet!

Dan needs a right hand man.....or left hand man......THIS MAN! I'm a man.....I'm 40!!!!

I want to help get the monkey off the THP back!

Seriously? I thought you were 21? LOL If there was a vote for team members I'd vote for you my friend!

Backing on Freddie...

Mental prep?
Short game prep?

Anybody doing this is a bit daft in my opinion, you should be prepping already, especially if you want to attend any of the other THP events this year as well

I might not be able to get to the range at the moment (it was below freezing last night and we had snow yesterday) but I am playing badminton again so working on my fitness and flexibility. Suffering a little bit this morning after the match last night but it is always good mental prep when you know you aren't 100% and still grind out a win in all 3 of my games for the team

If called, I will be giving 110% and know that I did everything I could to help bring the belt back to THP

Anybody doing this is a bit daft in my opinion, you should be prepping already, especially if you want to attend any of the other THP events this year as well

I might not be able to get to the range at the moment (it was below freezing last night and we had snow yesterday) but I am playing badminton again so working on my fitness and flexibility. Suffering a little bit this morning after the match last night but it is always good mental prep when you know you aren't 100% and still grind out a win in all 3 of my games for the team

If called, I will be giving 110% and know that I did everything I could to help bring the belt back to THP

Exactly! While we all may not be able to do golf related prep outside, there are ways to better yourself for an event as grand as #TheGranddaddy !!! To experience what few have been given the opportunity is definitely on my bucket list.

I'd luv to get picked as member of Canadian team....crossing fingers!

To EVERYTHING you've said........ YES!!!!!

I'm certain this is the year, we will destroy the wonderful and amazing folks at Callaway. #Fouryearsnomore

Exactly! While we all may not be able to do golf related prep outside, there are ways to better yourself for an event as grand as #TheGranddaddy !!! To experience what few have been given the opportunity is definitely on my bucket list.

I certainly feel like the Grandaddy that I am this morning.....aching all over after the match last night but it can only help my body get fitter again and try to get back to the levels I used to be at, so fitness certainly won't be a problem for me

The chance to experience an event like this is just mind-blowing really, and after seeing how the first 3 events have gone it only fuels the desire to be one of those lucky few

Backing on Freddie...

Mental prep?
Short game prep?

I'm prepping like I've already been selected. Working on the fitness and short game right now. I want to be ready if my name is called.

I'd luv to get picked as member of Canadian team....crossing fingers!

Just a heads up, but this is only available to Albatross Club members

Back