European Soccer 2015/2016

Round of 16 pairings for the Champions League are out. I feel bad for Arsenal, they are playing well but they will get stomped by Barca.

CWMrxdfU8AA9slY.jpg

Round of 16 pairings for the Champions League are out. I feel bad for Arsenal, they are playing well but they will get stomped by Barca.

Well, Arsenal did beat Bayern in the group stages. The squad, as it sits today, would get ran off the field, but if Deportivo La Coruna can get a draw against the mighty Barca, so can Arsenal. With the matches being played AFTER the January transfer window, the Arsenal team may look very different.

Leicester vs Chelsea just starting.

So wild that last year's champions are just one point out of the relegation zone at this point in the season.

Leicester vs Chelsea just starting.

So wild that last year's champions are just one point out of the relegation zone at this point in the season.
Don't forget, at this point last year, Leicester was FIRMLY in the bottom. LCFC had to win 7 of their last 8 last season in order to NOT be relegated.

Chelsea down 1-0 at halftime. Love it. Vardy with yet another goal.

what a goal by Mahrez

And one by Mahrez! What a goal, it was all him.

Chelsea scores...game on

And that's it, 2-1 Leicester.

If City doesn't win the league, it would be awesome if this team does.

And that's it, 2-1 Leicester.

If City doesn't win the league, it would be awesome if this team does.

LC needs to learn how to hold the ball, they gave Chelsea too many extra chances in extra time, needless giveaways that could have come back to haunt them.

I really wanted Leicester to lose so Arsenal could go top. But I love seeing Chelsea lose.

looking back at the weekend, Chicharito is on fire & DiMaria is playing well & scoring, Now i see why they wouldn't fit into the LVG way of playing :angry:

http://worldsoccertalk.com/2015/12/17/jose-mourinho-sacked-chelsea-fc-fired-as-manager/

Report: Chelsea have fired Jose Mourinho

Three days of rampant speculation has resulted in the inevitable. Jose Mourinho, seven months after claiming his third Premier League title, has been relieved of his duties as manager of Chelsea FC. The BBC were the first to report the news. Mourinho’s job has been the subject of speculation all season, with Chelsea having issued an unprecedented vote of confidence in early October as the team lingered in the bottom half of the Premier League table. But after Monday’s 2-1 loss at league-leading Leicester City, a new round of speculation surfaced, with English media dissecting comments the coach made after the game that likened his players’ inability to execute his plans to a betrayal.

Chelsea have yet to officially announce Mourinho’s departure, and no word of his replacement has been reported, but speculation on Wednesday linked two managers with an interim role. Guus Hiddink, who led Chelsea to an FA Cup as interim boss in 2009, was reported by the Telegraph to be a potential replacement, with Chelsea then targeting Atletico Madrid head coach Diego Simeone to replace him in June.

According to The Times, however, former Sevilla, Tottenham and Real Madrid boss Juande Ramos is on Chelsea’s radar as a potential short-term replacement.

Carlo Ancelotti, Hiddink’s replacement at Stamford Bridge who guided the Blues to the 2009-10 Premier League title, has also been linked with a return to Chelsea. However, multiple sources in Germany and Spain have reported the former Juventus, Milan, Paris Saint-Germain and Real Madrid boss will replace Pep Guardiola at Bayern Munich when the Spaniard leaves the club at the end of the season.

For Mourinho, this would be the second time has has left Chelsea, with his first departure coming by mutual consent on Sept. 20, 2007. After title-winning runs at Inter Milan and Real Madrid, “The Special One” returned to the Bridge in June 2013 and delivered his third Premier League title one season later. Over the course of his two tenures with Chelsea, Mourinho has steered the club to nine honors, including three League Cups and one FA Cup.

At the time of reported departure, Chelsea sit 16th in the Premier League, one point above the league’s bottom three. The team’s nine losses in 16 games are more than their previous two league campaigns combined, with their 26 goals allowed already approaching the 32 conceded during the 2014-15 campaign.

It's a Christmas miracle!

He's already on his way up to Manchester. I'm hoping he stops by Birmingham on the way LOL

I didn't realize how far down the table Chelsea was until I read the article. Oh gosh, how funny would it be if they were flirting with relegation later this year?

I didn't realize how far down the table Chelsea was until I read the article. Oh gosh, how funny would it be if they were flirting with relegation later this year?

They are so bad in the Premier League. But they won their group in Champions League. Weird how that happens.

To run away with the title last year and to be so far down this year is such a shock. I don't think they get relegated in the end, there is too much talent on that team. But I also didn't think they would be out of the top 4 at this point either.

I think it would be a hoot if they finish 18th or worse though. The NFL needs a system like this.

They are so bad in the Premier League. But they won their group in Champions League. Weird how that happens.

To run away with the title last year and to be so far down this year is such a shock. I don't think they get relegated in the end, there is too much talent on that team. But I also didn't think they would be out of the top 4 at this point either.

I think it would be a hoot if they finish 18th or worse though. The NFL needs a system like this.

It is crazy to think that they won their CL group. If you remember a couple of seasons ago, when ManUre finished 7th, they made the quarterfinals of the CL. Chelsea have a lot of talent, but a lot of older legs as well. They also have Diego Costa, which means I want them to lose every game.

Man U please sack LVG & grab Jose

Lots of storylines this weekend. Chelsea could fall into the relegation zone if they lose to 19th place Sunderland and Norwich and Swansea City both win (or tie, depending on the scores). Arsenal and City could play for top of the table if Leicester loses to Everton. Arsenal would take over the top spot if Leicester and Everton draw with a win over City.

EPL TV and Internet Viewing Schedule
All times Eastern.

Note: When there’s more than one Premier League match with the same kick-off time, one will be available on USA Network (on Saturdays) and the other(s) will be available on Premier League Extra Time. Premier League Extra Time channels are overflow channels available to TV subscribers who get NBCSN. All Premier League games are available via NBC Sports Live Extra.

Saturday, December 19
Chelsea vs. Sunderland, 10am, NBCSN and NBC Universo
Manchester United vs. Norwich, 10am, USA
Everton vs. Leicester, 10am, Premier League Extra Time
Southampton vs. Spurs, 10am, Premier League Extra Time
Stoke vs. Crystal Palace, 10am, Premier League Extra Time
West Brom vs. Bournemouth, 10am, Premier League Extra Time
Newcastle vs. Aston Villa, 12:30pm, NBC

Sunday, December 20
Watford vs. Liverpool, 8:30am, NBCSN
Swansea vs. West Ham, 11am, NBCSN

Monday, December 21
Arsenal vs. Manchester City, 3pm, NBCSN and NBC Universo

Smalls, you want to wager on the game Monday? Wager $1?

Back