Hybrid shafts: how do they compare to your fairway shafts?

gmiller598

Par 3 Net Zero
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Do your hybrid shaft weights compare to your fairway woods? Do you play a heavier weight in your hybrids?

I'm a bit torn since I was fitted into the Fujikura Green 62 and 72 for my driver and 3W. This makes my current hybrids the same weight or slightly lighter than my 3w.

Do you care about your hybrid shafts as much as your driver and fairway? Do you purposefully play a heavier weight?

I have the 95g XP95 in my irons.I'm curious if the Kuro Kage 80g hybrid might be an appropriate shaft to fit between my irons and 3w.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Currently 10g heavier.

I play a heavier shaft in the hybrid. I could probably go lighter and it would help with my launch as long as it maintains the stiff flex properties.

My hybrid shafts weigh more than my driver/woods and less than my irons. This set up has worked best for me. I like to be in the 80-95 gram range for my hybrids.

my hybrid is heavier than my 3w and the same as my Heavenwood

Thanks for the feedback. I'm debating on trying the stock shaft for the Apex hybrids but in a different head. Perhaps ordering the steelhead or big bertha hybrids with that shaft. Unfortunately most stock shafts all seem to be in the 65-70+ range so it seems harder to find a heavier shaft without an upcharge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back