Best Push Cart That Keeps Bag More Upright?

Shakey

#TheGolfWhisperer
Reaction score
Handicap
10.7 Index
I decided it's finally time to retire my old Sun Mountain Speed Cart. The tires don't hold air anymore, one of the back axles is bent & I have to run a bungee cord between the back to wheels to keep them from spreading apart.

The biggest thing I'm looking for in the new cart is more of an upright bag position. The Upright Caddy fixes this problem, but is ugly & has a lot of reviews that bring up bad craftsmanship.

The 2 carts I'm interested in the most are the Sun Mountain Micro Cart GT & the Bagboy Quad XL. Does anyone have any experience with these or another cart that keeps the bag more upright?

I'd want my cart to match my bag, so that is a consideration as well. It is the Wilson Staff Nexus cart bag in Royal blue/Citron.

Get the Clicgear and the Tour Bag attachment.

You know, all the Fort Worth guys were using Clicgear. They got me to try it and I Loved it. Picked one up myself.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk

Does the tour attachment effect the ability to fold it compactly?

I have the Quad XL and really enjoy it. Have never had the clic gear so I can't speak to any comparison, but the Quad XL has been a solid cart for me.

Not at all!! I have it on my cart and it works great, bag is quite a bit upright and no issues.
I'll see if I can find a pic to post.
Does the tour attachment effect the ability to fold it compactly?

Here ya go.
3a0e61bb89a8863dcf0325c398a53dc8.jpg

95c66fc8b95c4cfa7a0842e8af4a0f2e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That Clicgear looks nice. I have the Bagboy Quad and I really like how it sets the bag. Easy in and out for my clubs is a key for me.

I don't have the XL, but I have the Quad Plus which looks like all but the same thing (a year or two older maybe?). Just looks like the Bag Boy stands the bag more upright but the Clicgear looks pretty upright too. I think it would be between which one you like better. I like it because I can bungee cord a cooler to it and it stays almost right over the back wheels (so it doesn't get back heavy).

ab09c252711479b4a27f131e65efd07b.jpg

Best Push Cart That Keeps Bag More Upright?

Clicgear $150+. Caddybtek thru Costco. $119 sometimes $99. Looks and performs just like a clic gear + it comes with all the accessories that clicgear will charge you for.

Last edited:
Clicgear $150+. Caddybtek thru Costco. $119 sometimes $99. Looks and performs just like a clic gear + it comes with all the accessories that clicgear will charge you for.
069fcb73d56c2207849f63e638d6ddee.jpg

Folds up nicely. Few squirts of chain lube every 6 months and it rolls forever.

Which model is it?

I decided it's finally time to retire my old Sun Mountain Speed Cart. The tires don't hold air anymore, one of the back axles is bent & I have to run a bungee cord between the back to wheels to keep them from spreading apart.

The biggest thing I'm looking for in the new cart is more of an upright bag position. The Upright Caddy fixes this problem, but is ugly & has a lot of reviews that bring up bad craftsmanship.

The 2 carts I'm interested in the most are the Sun Mountain Micro Cart GT & the Bagboy Quad XL. Does anyone have any experience with these or another cart that keeps the bag more upright?

I'd want my cart to match my bag, so that is a consideration as well. It is the Wilson Staff Nexus cart bag in Royal blue/Citron.

The Bag Boy Triswivel (similar set up to the Quad XL) keeps the bag quite a bit more upright than the clicgear. I had the Micro Cart before and I will not purchase that model or likely any Sun Mountain cart again. My older Speed cart V2 was fantastic but the Micro Cart was a piece of junk compared to either the Bag Boy or Clicgear.

Fupresti is right that the clicgear tour attachment will get it upright for you and Clicgear has the best accessories and color options IMHO.

The Cligear. The bag attachment keeps it upright but even without it, the bag is fairly upright. Plus the cart is awesome in my opinion!

All I see is a couple Callaway bags?

Wow !! They where just on there two weeks ago. Buddy bought a quad for $119. Amazon has some. Not as cheap as Costco. Sorta takes the luster off the deal. Damn.

Wow !! They where just on there two weeks ago. Buddy bought a quad for $119. Amazon has some. Not as cheap as Costco. Sorta takes the luster off the deal. Damn.

Yeah, looks like there are good deals other places too. Lots of different models that I don't know what is what though.

Yeah, looks like there are good deals other places too. Lots of different models that I don't know what is what though.
Yeah I hear ya. Was about 2 mins from pulling the string on a $180 GC till an ad popped up with caddy tek on it. So many carts to choose from. My caddy tek is 2 yrs old not a single issue. Plus it comes with a small 3 pack cooler where my flask is.

I got mine last year for $99 shipped from Costco. Slightly bulky in the trunk and you have to take the bag off but well worth the price. No issues after 30 rounds and plenty stable enough even when I let it run off by itself straight downhill.

Back