The Official 2017 MLB Thread

I wish the Pirates would get serious about winning in the post season. Management seems content to be "average" every year...disappointing with the pieces we have in place right now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OTOH, I remember not too long ago when the Magic Number on my whiteboard was for 82 wins, not a playoff berth. The Pirates need to have that dominating #1 starter if they want to get anywhere in October, playing in the NL Central.

I love Cutch, but he's going to be traded, especially if he gets off to a good start. And in cold hard baseball terms, it's probably time.

The Twins got last place locked down so take that. :banghead:

Nah, morneau is coming back. All he has left in the tank is enough to be a sox killer.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

Agreed as long as they stay on the path id say 2 to 3 years then making a run at the east

Valid argument for sure but I think they're gonna surprise a lot of people.

Valid argument for sure but I think they're gonna surprise a lot of people.

Agreed i think they finished 25 or 30 games back...split that in half this year and id consider that a win

Um....

728540bee336be3d0a320c35e07db91d.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

With Cepedes for the Rest of Us back and a healthy pitching staff, the Mets will be a team to beat. Eventhough they have a glut of outfielders, I'm hoping someone needs Bruce in the first two months.

With Cepedes for the Rest of Us back and a healthy pitching staff, the Mets will be a team to beat. Eventhough they have a glut of outfielders, I'm hoping someone needs Bruce in the first two months.
Any word on the health of Harvey?

This is going to be the year the Rockies make the playoffs. The talent is there and they are experienced enough to finally put it together. It all depends on if the FA relievers they signed can be at least half way competent.

I was hoping he'd get sale from us. He should be dealing for Quintana

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

Sale ended up in the right place!

Don't know why I'm looking forward to this season because the chisox are going to suck, but I'm ready for some baseball!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N915A using Tapatalk

Oh, the things I could write in this spot, however will be fun to watch how the ChiSox rebuild.

If Morneau comes back, maybe he can get Joe to play like he did when they were younger.

Oh, the things I could write in this spot, however will be fun to watch how the ChiSox rebuild.

you win one championship every 108 years, there's a lot of things I could write in this spot :p

you win one championship every 108 years, there's a lot of things I could write in this spot :p

Good Morning - Just want to make sure if you didn't have your coffee that your blood was moving.
Apparently it is.
Have a Nice Day!

Good Morning - Just want to make sure if you didn't have your coffee that your blood was moving.
Apparently it is.
Have a Nice Day!

Always moving! You have a good day, too! Avatar bet for the season?

Let's not forget the Sox get back the knuckler back Steven Wright back who wasn't available in the post season. Losing Koji was a tough loss

The Braves has basically stolen away all of the top prospects from MLB teams over the past 2 years in addition to our core of Freeman, Teheran, and the next star, Dansby Swanson& it's all leading up to Suntrust park in 2017. Sure we might have a few guys past their prime but there's a lot of value in pairing veterans with all this new young talent. Braves WILL be playoff contenders in 2017. You can bet on it.

Couldn't agree with you more can't wait to go to the new ballpark. The last couple of months of the season the Braves were hot I believe there is a definite chance for the playoffs this year just need a better start to the season. Snitker is just the man for the job and hopefully the players will continue to respond to him the way they did last year!

Couldn't agree with you more can't wait to go to the new ballpark. The last couple of months of the season the Braves were hot I believe there is a definite chance for the playoffs this year just need a better start to the season. Snitker is just the man for the job and hopefully the players will continue to respond to him the way they did last year!

Agreed 100%. Braves will be a dark horse for 2017.

Any word on the health of Harvey?

So far so good. I'm not a fan of his because of his work ethic. He's been pitching off the mound.

I'm eager to see Matz and Wheeler throw.

Despite being born in Philadelphia only my wife and girls know I'm a closeted Yankees fan, ever since 1975. I couldn't resist buying this hat today.

448fb34814543a03a3bbcbc29afff1b8.jpg

The Official 2017 MLB Thread

If the Mets rotation stays healthy and some sort of reliable offense shows up, this could be a great year to be a Mets fan.

Will need to get to a couple games somewhere for sure.

So far so good. I'm not a fan of his because of his work ethic. He's been pitching off the mound.

I'm eager to see Matz and Wheeler throw.

Interesting... do you know something the general public doesn't about his work ethic?

Back