Episode 3: 2017 PGA Merchandise Show with THP Golf

I must say, this is making quite a difference.

A small sample would be the concept bag talked about... Looking at it I am underwhelmed, but watching Dean pick it up and see it fold like an accordion... It definitely brings a different dynamic. Now I am thinking of all the scenarios where taking a set of clubs somewhere would benefit greatly by reduced bulk.

Great stuff, guys!
Trunk space. :D

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Without a doubt my favorite episode. Really enjoyed the videos that made the cut for this one. Talking to Dean Snell and he mentions a fight on the golf course, how do you not wonder if he went Happy Gilmore on that poor guy. The slap video, good god. As for the two unknown products, Paladin putters looked incredibly nice and had a lovely feel. That carry bag I still think is really cool and I hope the demonstration showed why.

I noticed there were no headcovers on the clubs in that bag. They look like they sit in individual pockets, is there not room for a headcover to fit?

Dang, just when I thought they couldn't get any better, they do, this might be my favorite and best episode yet, love the switching from item to item, so much great info packed into one video, well done all!

Spider mallets aren't my thing, but I like the idea of TM offering the consumer soft or hard inserts.

I still can't wrap my head around 2 outer covers for Honma.

That pickup bag is ugly as can be, but it looked like it performed exceptionally well.

There might be one store I can try Ping irons at around here that I know of. They certainly look good. I love a simple clean look.

It never gets old having Chad school people with knowledge. Also, are we going to hear from Chad what a good launch and spin rate is? I was thinking that varied by swing speed, hoping he can provide some guidance or resources on that.

The slap was awesome, and I'm looking forward to those bloopers.

And finally, it needs to happen, Dean Snell vs. No Taper Larry in the ultimate throwdown. It might be a close match, seems like Larry has some padding to withstand some otherwise brutal punches.

~Rock

I noticed there were no headcovers on the clubs in that bag. They look like they sit in individual pockets, is there not room for a headcover to fit?

He had some head covers on but took them off for video.

This has been my favorite one. Loved the info on the spider putters - had no idea they were different inserts.

Man that Homna golf ball is nuts! 6-layers???

I'd be interested in a Paladin putter review sometime in the future. They look interesting.

I really liked the Dean Snell interview! His product has been top notch and should always been on a golfers radar.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fantastic Episode. Once again very informative and entertaining. The James/Dean combo are hilarious. (See what I did there?) Can't wait to meet Dean and pick his brain.

A small sample would be the concept bag talked about... Looking at it I am underwhelmed, but watching Dean pick it up and see it fold like an accordion... It definitely brings a different dynamic. Now I am thinking of all the scenarios where taking a set of clubs somewhere would benefit greatly by reduced bulk.

Great stuff, guys!
I hate hauling my carry bag to the range, nevermind my full size cart bag

this "pick-up" bag would be awesome

There was a bag off to the side that had a pretty big cover on it and it fit. So my gut says it would fit multiple.

That slap!!! LOVE IT!! Great stuff guys, I love the approach on show coverage this year. It blows away what we’ve seen before!

I'd be interested in a Paladin putter review sometime in the future. They look interesting.

I really liked the Dean Snell interview! His product has been top notch and should always been on a golfers radar.

Yep, 6 layers, but the crazier thing is it has TWO covers, one ionomer and that is then followed up with a urethane cover.

Probably my favorite episode so far. Really intrigued by that Pick Up bag and I need to try out some Snell golf balls.

Another great episode. The Pick Up Bag is an intriguing design. I like the idea of "bringing the sport back to the game". I'd love to give that Soundchuck Mini a spin too.

Great stuff, guys!
I agree, it looked a lot better when Dean picked it up. It has to be lite also. I wonder what the weight is.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Really enjoyed this video, I'm curious what the price point on that Honma 6 layer golf ball is going to be. The interview with Dean Snell was great also.

I thought it would be a good chance to show off Dean Snell's personality a bit since 20+ thpers will be playing golf with him in 2 weeks. Such a good guy.

I too really want to test the Honma ball. Should have some here soon.

Probably my favorite episode so far. Really intrigued by that Pick Up bag and I need to try out some Snell golf balls.

Mine too. So far

Yep, 6 layers, but the crazier thing is it has TWO covers, one ionomer and that is then followed up with a urethane cover.

I guess the two layers has some kind of performance benefit.

Yep, they're very excited about the ball.

The friction between them showed a spin increase on partial swings without a spin increase off the tee. And I look forward to testing that out.

The friction between them showed a spin increase on partial swings without a spin increase off the tee. And I look forward to testing that out.

I'll definitely keep an eye out for that review.

Same here, its a really interesting concept.

Another great episode! If I'm on a course with Dean Snell, I'm staying on his good side. Kudos you to all of you, these are well put together, informative, and very professional looking, I can't wait to see what else you have up your sleeve.

Yep, they're very excited about the ball.

I'm excited about Honma bringing a bigger presence to the US!!

Another great episode. Really enjoyed the bit with Dean Snell and I want to know how Grant didn't laugh looking over at Dean during that bit. The folding bag looks really interesting and easy to use. Great job by everyone again.

Back