Episode 3: 2017 PGA Merchandise Show with THP Golf

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
We call this one, "The Slap Heard Round the World".

The 2017 PGA Merchandise Show has concluded and THP TV will be taking you on a journey through coverage like no other. From demo day to inside the convention center floor, the staff covered the equipment and accessories in a way that is both incredibly unique and informative. Shot entirely in 4K, THP recommends viewing in full screen at the maximum setting available. Join us for the information and stay for the laughs at the most unique look at the PGA Show to date. Episode 4 will be coming up soon.

https://www.thehackersparadise.com/episode-3-2017-pga-merchandise-show-with-thp-golf/

My personal favorite episode.

I really hope everyone enjoys it.

Haha I have been waiting for this episode!! My poor husband.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

I know it's been mentioned already but the video's in 4K are amazing. I played it though my 65 inch tv and the the detail is amazing! A couple other takeaways from the video:

1. I really enjoy the bubbles that pop up like on the old show "Pop up Video". I love getting the bits of extra information that way and pointing out things I wouldn't have noticed (like Day putting on the monitor in the background)

2. That folding stand bag is incredible! What a great idea!

3. Dean is a great sport and willing to do almost anything to make the videos fun!

This was my favorite episode thus far

I learned something new as well... I did not know that the Red Jason Day Spider was softer than the black DJ one.

Oh man, even more detail. I swear I could listen to Chad explain anything. That man has a gift of cramming some much useful information in like 11 seconds of face time. Imagine what you could learn in an hour with that guy.

Am only able to watch it on my phone until tonight so it wasn't the optimal viewing experience, but I could certainly tell that this was another phenomenal episode!

The slap and the shaftucation were certainly very entertaining to compliment the tremendous educational content.

And I have definitely made notes to make a point to get on Dean Snell's good side in a couple of weeks in Bama!

You guys are batting 1.000 after 3 episodes. Well done once again! Interesting Snell golf segment at the end.

• Admin
Haha I have been waiting for this episode!! My poor husband.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Wait till the blooper reel.

I know it's been mentioned already but the video's in 4K are amazing. I played it though my 65 inch tv and the the detail is amazing! A couple other takeaways from the video:

1. I really enjoy the bubbles that pop up like on the old show "Pop up Video". I love getting the bits of extra information that way and pointing out things I wouldn't have noticed (like Day putting on the monitor in the background)

2. That folding stand bag is incredible! What a great idea!

3. Dean is a great sport and willing to do almost anything to make the videos fun!

Thanks. These guys killed it and editing the fun is never too hard. Just want to make it enjoyable for everybody.
I agree on the TV part. We made a large investment to make sure that when all of the videos are put together, someone can sit down in front of their TV and watch an hour of PGA Show stuff and laugh and learn. And do so in crystal clear video.

This was my favorite episode thus far

I learned something new as well... I did not know that the Red Jason Day Spider was softer than the black DJ one.

It was my favorite so far too. Especially blown up full screen or on a TV.

Great episode! Now for the next episodes. Inquiring minds need more information. ?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

A ton of info in this one! Probably going to have to watch it a few times to catch everything. The slap! haha good stuff, really enjoying you guys having fun with it. Cant wait to see some outtakes

Oh man, even more detail. I swear I could listen to Chad explain anything. That man has a gift of cramming some much useful information in like 11 seconds of face time. Imagine what you could learn in an hour with that guy.

Me too FWIW and I have spent a lot of time with him. Just a great guy that explains things very well for people.

You guys are batting 1.000 after 3 episodes. Well done once again! Interesting Snell golf segment at the end.

Thank you very much.

Great video quality and great content once again! Dean takes a shot this time... classic.

The Pro v1 and v1x ball height thing I knew. The misconception for me and from what I've heard from others over the years was the spin. Basically that the v1 had more iron spin than the v1x, which isn't the case.

Love the folding stand bag! It's amazing how thin that thing gets when you pick it up.

The Titanium putter thing... I'm just wondering what it sounds like at impact.

Great video quality and great content once again! Dean takes a shot this time... classic.

The Pro v1 and v1x ball height thing I knew. The misconception for me and from what I've heard from other over the years was the spin. Basically that the v1 had more iron spin than the v1x, which isn't the case.

Love the folding stand bag! It's amazing how thin that thing gets when you pick it up.

The Titanium putter thing... I'm just wondering what it sounds like at impact.

Just like Carbon. It was CRAZY. The Paladin putters are legit what I am most eager to get more time with post-show.

Just like Carbon. It was CRAZY. The Paladin putters are legit what I am most eager to get more time with post-show.

I bet! I would have thought it would have had more of a tinny sound to it.

I bet! I would have thought it would have had more of a tinny sound to it.

That was my thought too. It really was a nice muted impact sound that they did an excellent job with. The contact area with the face milling definitely has something to do with that.

Another great episode! Great info about a lot of stuff I had no idea about. Definitely an educational spot about a lot of equipment I'm intrigued by now.

I must say, this is making quite a difference.

A small sample would be the concept bag talked about... Looking at it I am underwhelmed, but watching Dean pick it up and see it fold like an accordion... It definitely brings a different dynamic. Now I am thinking of all the scenarios where taking a set of clubs somewhere would benefit greatly by reduced bulk.

Great stuff, guys!

Really great info, that bag is really cool too. Great job guys.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Wow the episodes are just flying up. Loved this video, especially the Snell interview I didn't get a chance to hear. I could listen to stories from Dean Snell all day, he's got some awesome ones.

Props to Dean for making it through the rest of his videos with a concussion.

I've really enjoyed these videos. Lots of information plugged into a relatively short time. Love the humor that is sprinkled throughout.

Also, the THP app has been very handy to have one place to go to get all the videos. I didn't have to dig through the forum to find them. Great job!

This was awesome!! Really enjoyed all the information and humor in this edition!!

Without a doubt my favorite episode. Really enjoyed the videos that made the cut for this one. Talking to Dean Snell and he mentions a fight on the golf course, how do you not wonder if he went Happy Gilmore on that poor guy. The slap video, good god. As for the two unknown products, Paladin putters looked incredibly nice and had a lovely feel. That carry bag I still think is really cool and I hope the demonstration showed why.

Those Cure headcovers look fantastic! Love the one Jman was holding haha. Didn't know Dean Snell was a hockey guy, pretty cool interview. Chad, MWard and Tadashi's bits have been fun to watch, those ATMOS shafts are definitely gaining some buzz on the forums.

Those Cure headcovers look fantastic! Love the one Jman was holding haha. Didn't know Dean Snell was a hockey guy, pretty cool interview. Chad, MWard and Tadashi's bits have been fun to watch, those ATMOS shafts are definitely gaining some buzz on the forums.

I have been waiting for someone to mention the Cure putter covers...haha

Back