Girls woke to their Easter baskets & chocolate chip pancakes, bacon & eggs.

Of course they ate chocolate before the breakfast, by always fun to put a smile on my girls faces.

eedd0ba369bf9a538e7852523ed76c20.jpg

We snuck in last night while she slept and put her basket on the chair next to her bed.
8b1208c1ee3daa25db80cbe98fea5182.jpg

I guess we were lucky getting to just after 6 am. He came into our room about 6:10, "I found an egg mommy!" Dyeing eggs now before church.

Times like these make having a three year old a lot of fun.

Mine are 9 and 14 :)

They get a small basket of candy, but we do a scavenger hunt for small little things we hide around the house. The Easter Bunny leaves them clues to things like books, headphones, baseballs, art supplies, etc. They go nuts for the hunt every year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Baby has a double ear infection and it looks like the oldest has pink eye. Happy Easter!! :)

Sorry to hear that Philly.

I love all the great Easter photos from everyone.

e395484ec5ea652ad02671d452e77795.jpg

Egg hunt at grandma's with their cousin

5bd895f15509fc5ba682110c2d6ffdcf.jpg

Nick has thrush (it's being passed around in that life sized incubator known as his day care). Wife was not thrilled when I informed her that the diflucan was going to be in suppository form. I doubt Nick will be thrilled either when it's time for his medication. Kid hates the ear thermometer. I can only imagine how he'll take to a suppository.

We had a great easter nine!

And a chance to take an updated family photo!

Thought this was comical.

Before the Easter Bunny:

With the Easter Bunny:

Sometimes life just takes you down and you feel like every turn is the wrong one, nothing is working out & you can't win for trying. I've been exhausted lately, but coming home to these two just puts a smile on my face and makes all my sacrifices worth it. I absolutely love these two and will spoil them rotten whenever I can.

e70195e9b14193b5a602c2cf598f8ad6.jpg

In our little town the kids are taken to the city Easter Egg hunt via fire trucks.

My son is in the blue shirt and glasses on the right:

11129215_10153450835472345_775147834262054659_n.jpg

Daughter with her tongue poking out:

11035582_10153450836482345_1429093209026307878_n.jpg

First soccer game last night. We don't officially keep score, but of course everybody does. Ended in a tie thanks to a last second goal. What a great time. I don't know what it is, but this is one of the most enjoyable things I've ever done.

My boy played goalie for one quarter and got scored on. Funny, but there's this little stab of heartbreak when that happened lol. Still though, he handled it well and told the kid that scored on him nice shot.

Biggest victories for me as a coach were 1) nobody left the field to go talk to mom or dad 2) for the most part they kicked the ball the right direction 3) they hustled 4) everybody had fun. We dominated the field position most of the game, but I was trying to play 'right' by keeping my defense where they belong, so it was often 3 on 6. The other team didn't do that, so I eventually gave in which is when we scored to tie it up. Score doesn't matter I guess, but to the kids it always has and always will, so I'm glad they didn't take a loss their first time out.

Lots of smiles and probably the biggest one was on my face.

My boy played goalie for one quarter and got scored on. Funny, but there's this little stab of heartbreak when that happened lol. Still though, he handled it well and told the kid that scored on him nice shot.

The bolded made me laugh. And the last part is awesome.

The bolded made me laugh. And the last part is awesome.

It didn't help that the kid that scored on him is his biggest competion for the girl they both are in loooooove with lol. I was downfield screaming NOOOOO inside my own head lol. It's a good lesson though. Can't win every battle.

Since we are on the topic of sports...my son has always been the kid that is looking elsewhere, talking to someone, checking out the eagle that is flying overhead, hears the train go by, etc. Anything but paying attention to the game - classic ADHD stuff. As an example, his first game in tee ball several years ago a ball was hit about 5 feet from him and his reaction was to point at the kid next to him and order him to chase it (the dad next to me in the stands died laughing and said "He's management material.").

I don't get to see much of his stuff this year because I am coaching my daughter. Last night though...wow. He was covering bases, made an unassisted double play, made all the plays to the right base, took the extra base while running...all w/out a word of coaching. It was pretty cool to see. AND...shock of all shocks he even listened to my advice before hand about hitting AND came to me afterward telling me he did it and it worked.

Man, he's come a long way. I'm proud of him.

Parenting Thread

This is a day I've been both looking forward to and dreading for some time. I'm taking the family back to the homeland for a visit. 11 hours on a plane with a 4 month old with a cold and a hyper active 6 year old! If you are sat anywhere near us on that plane, then I apologize in advance :LOL:

This is a day I've been both looking forward to and dreading for some time. I'm taking the family back to the homeland for a visit. 11 hours on a plane with a 4 month old with a cold and a hyper active 6 year old! If you are sat anywhere near us on that plane, then I apologize in advance :LOL:
Dude, anyone who flies with kids has had the experience and will be compassionate. Ours fly a lot and have always been good...except one time when their were taken over by the devil. We were so embarrassed. Luckily the people around us were so nice.

Pro tip: don't schedule any proper activities immediately upon your return where the kids would be expected to be well behaved and sit still, like a sit down meal in a restaurant. Take them to a park or something so can blow off some steam. It may seem rude to your family but everyone will be the happier for it in the long run.

I love that my family watches Lotte for us during the day and she doesn't go to daycare, but when I forget a discussion about re-arranging days so my MIL can go on a trip and feel like a jackass, it makes me sad and feel like I'm taking advantage of them.

Ugh. I hate being the bad guy.

I love that my family watches Lotte for us during the day and she doesn't go to daycare, but when I forget a discussion about re-arranging days so my MIL can go on a trip and feel like a jackass, it makes me sad and feel like I'm taking advantage of them.

Dude, you aren't a bad guy or taking advantage of them, you are just human. They put erasers on the ends of pencils for a reason. Don't be so hard on yourself!

Since we are on the topic of sports...my son has always been the kid that is looking elsewhere, talking to someone, checking out the eagle that is flying overhead, hears the train go by, etc. Anything but paying attention to the game - classic ADHD stuff. As an example, his first game in tee ball several years ago a ball was hit about 5 feet from him and his reaction was to point at the kid next to him and order him to chase it (the dad next to me in the stands died laughing and said "He's management material.").

I don't get to see much of his stuff this year because I am coaching my daughter. Last night though...wow. He was covering bases, made an unassisted double play, made all the plays to the right base, took the extra base while running...all w/out a word of coaching. It was pretty cool to see. AND...shock of all shocks he even listened to my advice before hand about hitting AND came to me afterward telling me he did it and it worked.

Man, he's come a long way. I'm proud of him.

Pretty cool stuff Frank. I've seen a lot of change in a year with the sports as well. Just being engaged in the game type of stuff and not resisting advice.

I wouldn't sweat it dude. Sometimes wires get crossed and it happens. Knowing you it's been dealt with and on to the next thing.

So, bigger issue has been uncovered.

Amanda and I are INSANELY easy going when it comes to Charlotte, we made a deal that we wouldn't freak out about the little stuff. We also, as many new parents do, get told a LOT what we are doing wrong by family, we just smile and move on about it. Apparently the other day we upset my MIL with that and made her feel like we didn't care what she thought. NOT at all the case, but its such a rock and hard spot situation. Never ever want her to feel unappreciated, she's taking care of Lotte 4 days a week while we work and saves us all sorts of @$$ but more importantly lets us KNOW shes safe and loved during the day.

Ugh.

So, bigger issue has been uncovered.

Amanda and I are INSANELY easy going when it comes to Charlotte, we made a deal that we wouldn't freak out about the little stuff. We also, as many new parents do, get told a LOT what we are doing wrong by family, we just smile and move on about it. Apparently the other day we upset my MIL with that and made her feel like we didn't care what she thought. NOT at all the case, but its such a rock and hard spot situation. Never ever want her to feel unappreciated, she's taking care of Lotte 4 days a week while we work and saves us all sorts of @$$ but more importantly lets us KNOW shes safe and loved during the day.

Ugh.

You're going to have a LOT of instances like this my man. Sometimes communication, especially about the kiddos, will get crossed. Best thing to do is address it as quickly and as easily as you can, and move on.

I still remember the day my daughter was around 2 and my MIL said something my wife misconstrued about how we were raising her. She packed up, ordered me to the car, and we left. My MIL was in tears and beside herself. They talked it out, and we moved on. Just best to realize it'll happen.

Back