Wilson Staff Infinite Putters - THP Review Thread

After 3 rounds and a few practice sessions with the South Side, I am extremely happy with it. Distance control is absolutely top notch.

Great thoughts JMAN, I don't know what it is or why it is, but I would love to give the Grant Park a roll. I've been a center shafted guy for a long time, but at the price point and the things I'm seeing as far as sight lines. Quality that appears to be much higher than expected for the price point makes it a viable option to try.

Thought some would enjoy this view:
aad5a37221c00d7bd7b8fabc92ed8ea0.jpg

Rolled the Grant Park exclusively on the course and practice green yesterday.

I'll say it again, the feel of these will trick a lot of people in a blind test, its a very quality feel/sound. The milling on the face is of enough depth that it reduces the surface area impacting the ball to put off a really really pleasant sound at impact. It hits that middle range so many seem to like, not too dense/muted and not too much click/high-pitch to it. The grip will take some getting used to for some who aren't used to a more mid+ size grip ad its extremely squared off at the front of the paddle as the edges are concerned, something I like in a grip, but of course will be personal preference. Again, the balance is solid, it doesn't FEEL like a heavily counterbalanced putter, and that's a good thing, there's heft in hand yes but in the stroke it is just very balanced back and through.

Nice thoughts James! The weighting had me a bit concerned cause I'm not a counter balance kind of guy. So hearing that is good for my ears. Squared off grip makes the no thumbs drill a breeze :).

James...99 bucks to spend u buying one of these or a comparable cleveland which has made a home in this price point as well?

Nice thoughts James! The weighting had me a bit concerned cause I'm not a counter balance kind of guy. So hearing that is good for my ears. Squared off grip makes the no thumbs drill a breeze :).
I think the "normal" head weights they used make the difference there, 365 or 355 isn't going to freak a lot of people out, yet the whole setup still gives a lot of stability in the stroke.

These putters continue to impress me.

Rolled both a good bit today and the same thoughts apply. I've always been a BIG advocate of the Cleveland face milled classic putter, but there is just a better balance for me with these. Great balanced sound/feel at impact and through the stroke. Its another example of, getting people to TRY will be key.

These putters continue to impress me.

Rolled both a good bit today and the same thoughts apply. I've always been a BIG advocate of the Cleveland face milled classic putter, but there is just a better balance for me with these. Great balanced sound/feel at impact and through the stroke. Its another example of, getting people to TRY will be key.
Just getting them into golf shops will be hard. PGA SS is the only store I have seen them in.

Just getting them into golf shops will be hard. PGA SS is the only store I have seen them in.

I think you will be surprised. They very much have a plan.

I have a Michigan Avenue headed my way and I am excited to give it a roll. been looking for a blade style head and not break the bank, this fits the bill and hoping I will like the roll as well.

Made the permanent switch to left hand low & the honeymoon is back on with my Southside. This afternoon I had 14 putts on the front, 14 on the back. I had one chip in & a couple of chips from just past the fringe that led to one putts, but even with out them it was a very good round of putting for me.

Jman, how's the grip feel on these? Size wise are they super stroke 1.0 size? Asking for a friend :)

Jman, how's the grip feel on these? Size wise are they super stroke 1.0 size? Asking for a friend :)

Harder/sharper edges than a 1.0. Very "Winn" feel/texture to them. The more I used it, the more I enjoyed it, its a good balance. Fact is many won't even realize they are picking up a CB putter, which is kinda cool.

Finished this spotlight/review yesterday, I'd imagine we see it next week. Was fun to delve into the STORY behind this line.

Harder/sharper edges than a 1.0. Very "Winn" feel/texture to them. The more I used it, the more I enjoyed it, its a good balance. Fact is many won't even realize they are picking up a CB putter, which is kinda cool.

Finished this spotlight/review yesterday, I'd imagine we see it next week. Was fun to delve into the STORY behind this line.

cool thanks! I'm pretty excited to not feel the CB but enjoy the benifits of it. Looking forward to seeing the review roll out

Had a putting contest with a friend last night on a very fast practice green with lots of tiers & slope. We would take turns picking a spot to putt from & then take turns putting to 2 balls to different pins. It was a fun exercise & I only 3 putted once.

The Southside distance control continues to impress, even with the switch to left hand low. Alignment is super easy as well.

Without a doubt this is the one part of my #THPLegacy selection that I'm struggling with. Yes it's only two days, but I want this to be right. I want to have this in the bag or coral for a long while and know it works well for me. Off to Golfdom soon to try them out some more!

Without a doubt this is the one part of my #THPLegacy selection that I'm struggling with. Yes it's only two days, but I want this to be right. I want to have this in the bag or coral for a long while and know it works well for me. Off to Golfdom soon to try them out some more!

My early results with the Southside were positive, but I just couldn't get used to the center shaft. I am pretty settled on the idea of the Grant Park. Very similar feel to my Versa #9. I am sure you will find something that works for you. There are a lot of choices.

Braving the Wilson Bridge yet again? You're a man on a mission!

Back