Question on Jordan Spieth

Six4three5

Tour Star...Layin' Up!
Reaction score
Handicap
2.5 GHIN
So I'm sitting here watching the replay of the Waste Management and I started thinking about Jordan.

Let's say hypothetically because I don't think this will be the case but for the sake of discussion let's say it is the case.

For the rest of his career Jordan doesn't win anymore majors and only wins a handful of non big tournaments.

Is his career a disappointment?

I certainly don't think it is but the idea of him starting his career off the way he did and then not winning anymore would make me feel like it's a little bit of a let down. What say you??

So I'm sitting here watching the replay of the Waste Management and I started thinking about Jordan.

Let's say hypothetically because I don't think this will be the case but for the sake of discussion let's say it is the case.

For the rest of his career Jordan doesn't win anymore majors and only wins a handful of non big tournaments.

I certainly don't think it is but the idea of him starting his career off the way he did and then not winning anymore would make me feel like it's a little bit of a let down. What say you??

Anyone who wins a Major isn't a disappointment. Anyone who wins two is pretty damn good.

Nope. Still had one of the best runs in majors ever.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

I think it would be a disappointment more to him and a lil to me because I think he is to young and good to not to win another one

Sent from my LEX727 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

I would say it is a huge disappointment. He was red hot and looked like the next big thing as an extreme young gun, to never achieve anything of note after his early 20s would be a disappointment for sure.

I don't think it is either. What he has done already is amazing in today's strong fields. I think he has struggled a bit with trying to better his success. I believe he will settle down and play his own game and continue to win in the future.

JM

Anyone who wins a Major isn't a disappointment. Anyone who wins two is pretty damn good.
I don't disagree one bit dude. Just feel like it would almost be a gut punch if he didn't. But I think he wins at Augusta at least twice more before his career is over.

Question on Jordan Spieth

His career wouldn't be a disappointment, but it would be kinda disappointing to see. He seems very much like a Phil Mickleson resume type player to me. 40 some wins and around 7 majors. If he doesn't even come close to that, it would be a bit disappointing to see for me. But no, his career wouldn't be a disappointment.

To start off so hot, and then to fizzle out after a hot start would be a disappointment. It would still be a fantastic career compared to most golfers, however, it would be like being a One-hit wonder.

Not happening....he's winning 20, maybe 25 majors by 40.

Yes. It would be a tremendous disappointment and unlikely. He will win 8-10, hopefully more.

Speaking of golfers with 2 majors.

Andy North won 2 majors....IMO I never considered him a standout golfer. Johnny Miller won 2 as well but I would consider Johnny Millers career a disappointment and Andy Norths astounding.

Disappointment? No. Unrealized potential? Heck yeah.

It's hard to win a club championship, never mind a single PGA Tour event.

Jordan's career is wildly successful already.

one title he will never have, " the best player never to win a major". that title to me is a disappointing title to earn!

Not in my mind but I'm sure he would be extremely disappointed!

Winning two majors certainly sets him higher on the success ladder. But I say it's a disappointment. Winning early like he did puts a different level of expectations on him from a fan perspective and I'm sure from a personal perspective as well.

While I don't think it will happen, if it does then yes it would be a disappointment. But like I said, the guy will win at least 4-5 majors and double digit events.

With his performance in the past the expectation would be that he would win majors / big tournaments in the future. Anything else would be a disappointment for him and the viewers.

But...he could have a successful career without winning any majors as of now. Just staying on the tour would be a successful career in golf.

I also think it would be somewhat of a disappointment, not because he didn't achieve anything, but because he reset the bar/expectations so early. That resetting likely has he as well as golf fans expecting more over the next 20 years.

While I don't think it will happen as well, the 2 majors set the bar high and with it come greater expectations. So if he didn't win another major, it would be a disappointment. It is a level of disappointment quite a few players would want to have though.

Definitely a disappointment. Having the start he did shows promise and hope and if he failed to continue on a similar path it's a let down to him and his fans. 2 majors and a couple handfuls of wins puts him in Harrimgton, ZJ company. Not spectacular careers but not necessarily bad but more so not living up to,the hype and image created by his early success

He'd always have the majors but it would be a disappointment because of what could have been.

I'm fairly confident he'll win a few more, in 6 1/2 hour rounds though!

His achievements in golf once he retires wouldn't be disappointing were he to not win again. But, it would be disappointing to see that after the start he has had on tour, he wasn't able to kick on.

I'm with others that have posted above, he'll win another couple majors at least for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

$UAA certainly needs him to start moving the needle. Stock has been in a wedge since his '15 run.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't think so, but the easy story for the media is wasted talent, etc.

Back