Adam Scott out of this week's Australian PGA Tournament

TheNewBrad

Who's ya caddy?
Reaction score
Handicap
Deceptive
Adam Scott's run of bad luck with injuries continues.

"Adam Scott has been forced to withdraw from this week's Australian PGA Championship in Coolum after injuring his knee while swimming.

Scott, ranked No.17 in the world, twisted his right knee while coming out of the surf on Sunday and took the precautionary step to withdraw from the $1.5 million tournament.

Scott's manager Justin Cohen said the Queenslander was disappointed to be missing the tournament but was confident Scott would be fit for next week's Australian Open in Sydney.

"He had gone for a swim, was coming out of the surf and as you do, you go for a body surf," Cohen said.

"He got up and was making his way in the shallows and he's just twisted his knee a little bit."

"It's purely precautionary and we fully expect him to be ready to go for next week."

The results of MRI scans on the knee are yet to return, but Cohen was in no doubt that Scott would be a starter for the Australian Open."

screen-capture.png

[Note: translation of "Queenslander" - Queensland is Adam Scott's home State in Australia]

.... and some of his fellow pros start to turn on him.

.... and some of his fellow pros start to turn on him.

screen-capture-1-1.png

screen-capture-1.png

since adam scott has a pretty good world ranking and isn't somebody on the bubble or under much pressure besides the gap between now and his last win, i think its a good idea to take a week off. the european tour has so many events that i think missing 1 or 2 wont be a huge disadvantage

Swimming accident... dont think so.

As good as AS is... he will never be the best because he doesnt have the commitment. This isnt a slap towards AS... he would rather be surfing than playing golf. That's no secret.

Swimming accident... dont think so.

As good as AS is... he will never be the best because he doesnt have the commitment. This isnt a slap towards AS... he would rather be surfing than playing golf. That's no secret.

Good point TCT. Whether it's correct or not, I think there's a growing perception that he doesn't take it as seriously as he could. This latest incident coupled with the incident mid year in London (when he was out partying and a friend slammed a car door on his hand but AS continued partying & didn't realise the damage till the next morning when his hand had swelled to the size of a balloon) certainly doesn't help.

A shame because Adam Scott is such a talented golfer.

I was watching Golf Channel last night, and on Golf Central they said that he dislocated his knee. :confused2:

I was watching Golf Channel last night, and on Golf Central they said that he dislocated his knee. :confused2:

Hmm, sounds like they were stretching things. I'll do some more digging.

Hmm, sounds like they were stretching things. I'll do some more digging.

Yeah, I'm not saying it's fact, but just saying that's what they said. But I wouldn't be surprised if they were bending the truth.

Back