Most Overrated Food Places

B-dubs for me. One opened here last year, respectable beer selection but very expensive. Food is a joke, 7 bucks for 5 mediocre at best wings? I'd rather not.

Edit: and Texas Road House, I guess I'm already jaded with chain restaurant bbq having a chef dad that spent many years working in Texas. But its just not good.

B-dubs for me. One opened here last year, respectable beer selection but very expensive. Food is a joke, 7 bucks for 5 mediocre at best wings? I'd rather not.

Edit: and Texas Road House, I guess I'm already jaded with chain restaurant bbq having a chef dad that spent many years working in Texas. But its just not good.
I agree with you. It's good but horribly overpriced for b dubs.

Bdubs is pretty bad. Their sauces are tasty but the wings themselves are average at best. Overpriced is something I agree with as well.

I guess I will play Devil's Advocate and say that I actually like Texas Roadhouse. However, all I ever get there is steak, and the peanuts while you wait do have some appeal.

I guess I will play Devil's Advocate and say that I actually like Texas Roadhouse. However, all I ever get there is steak, and the peanuts while you wait do have some appeal.
Agreed.

It's an easy list as long as chipotle (Lime is sooo much better) in and out, and Jimmy John's is on the list.

Agreed.

It's an easy list as long as chipotle (Lime is sooo much better) in and out, and Jimmy John's is on the list.

Only one of those I've actually been to is Chipotle and while I very much like it, I would say Moe's is better. Never been to Lime either.

Only one of those I've actually been to is Chipotle and while I very much like it, I would say Moe's is better. Never been to Lime either.
Lime is regional to south florida, started on south beach and spread from there. Just in Dade and Broward counties plus one in Orlando. I used to drive from Naples to south of Boca Raton to eat there. If you ever see one, stop and eat. The burritos and salad are exceptional.

Lime is regional to south florida, started on south beach and spread from there. Just in Dade and Broward counties plus one in Orlando. I used to drive from Naples to south of Boca Raton to eat there. If you ever see one, stop and eat. The burritos and salad are exceptional.

I'm going down to Florida this winter, I'll try to make a stop there if it's near where I'm staying.

Drop me a message, should be able to play by mid-november. Lunch/dinner my treat.

Had Chipotle today.... u guys are out of ur minds if u think that place is bad

It's awful. Truly an example of what hype can do. I can name 3 places I'd drive past 3 chipotles for.

Moe's is awesome.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Moes is good but I feel like it's a less fresh version of Chipotle. Very surprised how many ppl hate it. As per the salmonella that is very unfortunate. I still like the way the food tastes ;). Hopefully I don't get anything from the chicken I had there today

If nothing else, Moe's doesn't charge a ridiculous amount for watered down Guac.

The Palm restaurant. While I like their side dishes, and the atmosphere in the bar, I think they're loud and over-priced. Their steaks are greasy, and their lobster is overdone. I've been to the one in Nashville 3 times, and it was the same each time. I thought a chain of that that status would be predictably good, and thought the first 2 times were anomalies, but after spending $100+ for the 2 of us the 3rd time and getting a similar experience, no more. I have not been to another one outside of Nashville but would try one if given the opportunity but I won't go to the one in Nashville again.

The Palm restaurant. While I like their side dishes, and the atmosphere in the bar, I think they're loud and over-priced. Their steaks are greasy, and their lobster is overdone. I've been to the one in Nashville 3 times, and it was the same each time. I thought a chain of that that status would be predictably good, and thought the first 2 times were anomalies, but after spending $100+ for the 2 of us the 3rd time and getting a similar experience, no more. I have not been to another one outside of Nashville but would try one if given the opportunity but I won't go to the one in Nashville again.

I have had two fantastic meals at The Palm in LV. Never had the lobster, tho.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've dined at the DC palm and found it quite nice. I wonder if it's just location?

I wont pilfer through 23 pages to see if it's been posted yet, but Applebee's is one of the most overrated in my opinion. Always smaller portions than the menu shows and most of it tastes like it comes out of a can.

Im gonna say any national chain restaurants are all vastly overrated. After living in an area with only one such restaurant (Chili's) for as long as I have, gojng back to those places and eating has been a truly awful experience each and every time. Maybe Im really spoiled...check that, I know Im spoiled...but there is nothing redeeming about the food at those kinds of places

I've dined at the DC palm and found it quite nice. I wonder if it's just location?
Gonna second this, never had a bad experience at any palm. Hopefully it's just a one off.

I was introduced to the Palm (and the Palm Too across the street) in NYC many years ago. When I learned there was a Palm in DC, I immediately went to it. The DC Palm is nice, but for some reason, it did not replicate the NYC Palm, something was missing.

I have found that most of the popular national steakhouses are good, but I think many times the local enterprises may be better. For example, near me, there is a Ruth Chris on one corner and a neighborhood bar and restaurant on the other corner of the same block. I prefer the neighborhood establishment because its cozier, friendly and has what I will label a local flavor. Whenever I travel to a new area, rather than just hit the national chains, I try to find where the locals like to go.

I was introduced to the Palm (and the Palm Too across the street) in NYC many years ago. When I learned there was a Palm in DC, I immediately went to it. The DC Palm is nice, but for some reason, it did not replicate the NYC Palm, something was missing.

I have found that most of the popular national steakhouses are good, but I think many times the local enterprises may be better. For example, near me, there is a Ruth Chris on one corner and a neighborhood bar and restaurant on the other corner of the same block. I prefer the neighborhood establishment because its cozier, friendly and has what I will label a local flavor. Whenever I travel to a new area, rather than just hit the national chains, I try to find where the locals like to go.
I've not dined at the Palm NYC. I'll have to try it out next time up. As for local steakhouses, I'm with you. I'd go local over Ruth Chris or Morton's any day

Back