New Cure Classic Putter Preview

the proof will be in the Sound/Feel. Great work Cure...I love your philosophy! We all need more MOI. CX1 Black please.

What does the headcover look like?

Thanks Reynman - Great sound and feel on the Classic Series - Milled Aluminum face produces a softer feel without the "Ting" of the larger RX series putters - Totally different - It's a much more muted "Click" that I doubt anyone would find objectionable - We've had very positive feedback all around so far.

Head cover is currently the same as the RXi (seen below) - We're going to switch it up for 2016 though

Screen%20Shot%202015-10-22%20at%209.06.42%20PM_zpsapjkkmot.png

Last edited:
Thanks Reynman - Great sound and feel on the Classic Series - Milled Aluminum face produces a softer feel without the "Ting" of the larger RX series putters - Totally different - It's a much more muted "Click" that I doubt anyone would find objectionable - We've had very positive feedback all around so far.

Head cover is currently the same as the RXi (seen below) - We're going to switch it up for 2016 though

I can't wait to see what changes are coming, very cool!

If you need a lefty to test the new models. I might know a guy:glasses-cool:

If you need a lefty to test the new models. I might know a guy:glasses-cool:
If this comes in straight shaft for right handed ppl, I might know a guy who could test this out also.

Here's another look at the Cure Classic Series and an MOI comparison of the cx1 and cx2 vs other popular putters.

Cure%20Putters%20CX1%20CX2%20Stability%20you%20can%20feel_zpsw4sme1aa.jpg

Cure%20Putters%20CX1%20CX2%20MOI%20Comparison_zpsc1q5arrs.jpg

Will there be a straight center shafted option for the classic series coming at anytime?

Will there be a straight center shafted option for the classic series coming at anytime?

No immediate plans for a straight, center shafted cx model, but maybe in the future.

Definitely adding this to the collection.

i-KBjHCDC-XL.jpg

i-856WfwN-XL.jpg

Roll it Dean?

These look much better in hand than I expected. Sounds like they are gaining some traction on the tours with the new design as well.

I loved the CX2 when I got to to roll it. Such as awesome shape, size and weight. Very distinct sound too that I was liking.

Trade in program? So far I like the looks of the new models. Love my current cure putter but this one does catch my eye.

Is the face taller than normal, maybe it's just that first photo but it seems to be a bit taller.

Cure don't do 'normal' Icey haha!

Good point. It just seemed quite stout to me. Maybe my eyes are playing tricks on me. Can't wait to give one of the new classic series a roll.

Roll it Dean?
Nope. Took some practice strokes with it, but didn't hit a putt. Size wise it reminded me of the old Macgregor putter that Jack used to use. Big but not huge.

Putting green was jammed up so we didn't get a chance.

Nope. Took some practice strokes with it, but didn't hit a putt. Size wise it reminded me of the old Macgregor putter that Jack used to use. Big but not huge.
It looks really good in those pictures. Above all else, what it sounds like at impact will be whether this is ever a serious consideration for me or not. Hopefully, you guys get to whack them around this week.

Well we all know that there was a unique sound to last year's cure models. There's been a lot of buzz and a lot of talk lately on different putters and how sound translates to feel. I did a personal test with the new cure CX putter yesterday. I putted without headphones on to see how it translated to feel. I then put my headphones on and cranked up the music and rolled quite a few putts. I was shocked at how much "softer" this putter felt with music on. Do yourselves a favor and try this putter. If you had pre conceived notions based on your first experiences with CURE, this new CX model with the face milling is a pretty awesome improvement. The FEEL and SOUND is definitely improved. And I will admittingly say that with headphones on and going off feel and not sound this thing was down right butter!

After watching the 86 special on the golf channel about Jack and his Response putter, these were the first thing that came to mind for me, I hope other pros take a chance and try these out, I have no doubt we'll see more of these on tour soon!

Emailing with Grant about the possibility of a top sight line, hopefully I can make that happen, looking at this tour photo, it looks like maybe regular line in flange and on top line second from the left:
Cf4Qo99XEAAAN0F.jpg

Back