Best decisions you've made in your life?

my wife and my children are the best decisions I ever made.

Man do I really miss the younger versions of my kids (now 15 & 18) it is very bittersweet watching them grow. I wish they could stay about the ages of 10 and 7 forever. I want to turn the clock back and do it all over again with them.

Proposing to my now wife and having a couple children. It's hectic, but a lot of fun. Golf wise, nothing. It doesn't matter what I do or how hard I work, maintaining any level of improvement is impossible.

my wife and my children are the best decisions I ever made.

Man do I really miss the younger versions of my kids (now 15 & 18) it is very bittersweet watching them grow. I wish they could stay about the ages of 10 and 7 forever. I want to turn the clock back and do it all over again with them.

Can relate to this, mine are 17 and almost 20. Older one is away at university, and all we can do is cherish every moment with them. Time only runs in one direction....

Personal

1. Begging my co-worker to set me up with one of her friends. 14 years later it worked out just fine.
2. Going back to school to get my Bachelors degree and ending up with U-Haul, a company that has given me exactly what I wanted in a career.

Golf
1. Sending tadashi70 a text asking if he would have time to take a look at my swing while I was in Florida
2. Holding that Morgan Cup trophy on the 18th green at True Blue with the rest of Team DotCom
3. Hitting single digits and seeing it continue to drop. I am within reach of my next goal of qualifying for the US Mid Amateur.

Personal/Golf

1. Before THP, I didnt have many friends in my circle. That has changed immensely and I know I have made some awesome friends in guys like jman, mward, canadan, JB, mikeg, adamw238 and more then I can continue to count.

In order:

1. Marry my wife.

2. Having kids.

3. Graduating from college

4. Listening to my dad's advice of saving 10%-25% for retirement every year since age 23. I've never had toys such as boats, RV's, motorcycles, or extra cars but now at age 50 I've only got a few years left until retirement if I so choose.

5. Quitting baseball and track so I could fully commit myself to golf at age 14

Last edited:
Best decisions you've made in your life?

The best decision that I have made was going on a date with my wife 18 years ago. This year we will be married 11 years.

When we began dating her son was 5. He is getting married in 3 months and that is going to be a special day for me. He has grown into a great young man and I believe I had a little to with that and that makes me extremely proud.

Golf wise it was joining THP and its not even close!!!!!

Last edited:
#1 is marrying my wife and never screwing it up - best friend I could ever ask for

Every decision after that was easy because she is my moral compass and always pushes me to take the road less traveled, which for me is when I'm excited and motivated - and she knows that

My wife and our dog. Funny thing is the dog was from my first marriage and she wanted him. Now that I've had him since the divorce 2 years ago, he's a true joy in my life.

Quitting smoking. Will be five years in May.

I'd be silly to not say having kids, but that said here's a few:

- restarted to play golf five years ago
- quitting my job in 2004 and started studying filmmaking
- quitting my job in 2014 and going freelance again
- joining THP
- the decision of loosing weight and taking control of my life in 2009

- striking up a conversation with a bartender, and hanging out with said bartender for many years, finding out she fancied me...... and eventually marrying her

- not taking a job 6 hours away that would have pretty much have prevented me from meeting said bartender

Don't start a "worst decisions" thread..... I could fill pages.

For life: My best decision was getting back into school and taking a job at the company I am currently at.

For golf: THP, it has been a godsend for me. Between the people, the reviews and everything it has just been one of the best things that has happened to me for golf. And even outside of golf I have made some friends through here that i do really appreciate.

The best decision I ever made was to leave home at age 17 to join the Army and cutting ties with everyone except for my family when I did so. It was the basis for everything else that has happened to me in life, good and bad. But I know for a fact that the bad things are nothing compared to what would have happened if I would have stayed in my home town forever.

Facebook has pretty much confirmed this after 22 years gone.

Quitting my job and career in business to go back to undergrad and take classes to get into medical school.
Everything else is a distant second.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Going to college.
Getting married
Having a great job career
Joining THP
Edit; Dumping new grooved irons for old square grooves :D

Last edited:
in golf it was picking up the game and joining THP and all the great friendships i have made with lots of people here, some in person and some still over the interwebz hoping to meet them in person.

in life taking my dad up on an invite to go to church one night when he was here visiting me. it allowed me to find myself again after being lost and chasing some of the wrong things for years. it also allowed me to meet my wife and now approaching 7 years of marriage and roughly 8 1/2 years together.

Easy question. Asking my wife to marry me. Best person I have ever met. Been married 22 years, but seems like way less.
Funny thing was, we had a bunch of my friends at the wedding, only to see if it would really happen. They all figured I would never marry.
I had a lot of fun when I was single.

Best golf decision ever was stumbling across THP and deciding to stick around. It has changed the game for me for the better in an incredible amount of ways.

For the other stuff, you'll have to find me in person and be carrying some whiskey.

Single best choice: no longer going after the blonde chick, but her best friend (brunette). She's awesome, we've been together for 7.5 years now and I can honestly say I've never been happier.

Sure I love my son, he might be the best thing in my life right now, but he wouldn't be there without my wife. I wouldn't give him up for the world :)

My son x one billion . Just having him give the Hawaiian love sign , when I walk out of daycare dropping him off . and he is standing by the window watching me get in the car . Or the kiss and big hug I get every night before he goes to bed .. Or when we sit watching a movie on the couch and he puts his arm around me telling me Im his best friend

Those are the best of the best ....The reason why I gave up avid golf pretty much for good .. And will never go back to playing that much

would rather watch him grow up and spend every moment I can with him

Best thing that ever happened to me and I wish everyone could experience something as precious as this

I've got a couple:

Going completely out on a freakin limb and moving all the way across the country for my job. I don't think I'll be out this way forever and I'll need to move back east at some point, but I wouldn't trade the amazing experiences I've had out here for the world.

Joining the Albatross Club and getting into this site. I've had some amazing experiences and met some great friends, not to mention I actually have an outside shot of becoming a decent golfer. :alien:

Attending my alma mater of Virginia Tech, which led to amazing friends, a great education, great times, and meeting my longtime girlfriend - who is now my long term roommate and who I plan on making into more than that in the near future.

Joining TAC and getting back into golf with a fervor. Also, taking a 7 iron on a 135 yard par 3 instead of the 8

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In order:

1. Marry my wife.

2. Having kids.

3. Graduating from college

4. Listening to my dad's advice of saving 10%-25% for retirement every year since age 23. I've never had toys such as boats, RV's, motorcycles, or extra cars but now at age 50 I've only got a few years left until retirement if I so choose.

5. Quitting baseball and track so I could fully commit myself to golf at age 14

Listening to you preach this has encouraged me to do the same, and I thank you for that. I'm 25 now but I plan on continuing going forward and hopefully I'll be in your place when I'm your age.

Married my best friend (coming up on 28 years), maintained a healthy, active lifestyle, fought to live in places I valued (Rocky Mountain West) and pursued careers driven by passion (conservation, science, education). I very recently made a decision to get back into golf after what is in all honestly a 30+ year gap; I did this purposely to focus my energies around a mentally challenging and gear geeky outdoor sport, build a new network of friends, and become/stay active in a sport I could better sustain at desired levels for decades to come. I think golf v2 will turn out to be one of my better decisions. I still love skiing, running, and mountain biking (and will continue those interests), but I've incurred my fair share of significant body damage over the years and need to turn down the volume.

Back