2016 Weight Loss and Nutrition Thread

Heading to my 1st ever 5k....and its in the snow.
Also now another few lbs this week putting me 15 away from the goal

Make sure you know the rules.
Runners are on the right, so you guys driving a car should go left as to not mow them over.

Congrats Mike I wish you luck I don't think a 5 k is in my future but I will think of you while on my spin bike this morning

Make sure you know the rules.
Runners are on the right, so you guys driving a car should go left as to not mow them over.
So if i snag a golf cart the middle belongs to me?

So if i snag a golf cart the middle belongs to me?

I ran a marathon once. I was able to jump in and grab any vehicle I wanted as I ran all over the town. Even beat a few hookers and such. Wait, that was Grand Theft Auto Vice City. Now I am confused, I think you can still use a vehicle in this though.

I am with JB on this one vehicles are always allowed in these just frowned upon by most

I have not posted much here lately ... been really keeping things low with club clash coming up (did not want injure myself) ... however, with my sights still on doing a super spartan, I need to keep at my endurance, so I pushed the treadmill in front of the TV, turned on the Masters and ran 8 miles in 120 minutes ... now I am dead

I have not posted much here lately ... been really keeping things low with club clash coming up (did not want injure myself) ... however, with my sights still on doing a super spartan, I need to keep at my endurance, so I pushed the treadmill in front of the TV, turned on the Masters and ran 8 miles in 120 minutes ... now I am dead

That is insane, and incredibly impressive! I am ready to die after 2 miles. Nice job!

I made today my cheat day. Yesterday when mward brought fritters I didn't touch one, and I picked up gyro's for the guys for lunch and didn't touch that either. I stuck to my healthy food, so today I had a cheat day. I'm ok with that. And oddly enough, I wasn't interested in their bad food yesterday, not even a little bit.

That is insane, and incredibly impressive! I am ready to die after 2 miles. Nice job!

I made today my cheat day. Yesterday when mward brought fritters I didn't touch one, and I picked up gyro's for the guys for lunch and didn't touch that either. I stuck to my healthy food, so today I had a cheat day. I'm ok with that. And oddly enough, I wasn't interested in their bad food yesterday, not even a little bit.

That is good ... saw news piece on our news, where a lady exceeded calories on one day and restricted the next ... not sure that would work for me, but will see if I can find a link to the story.

I hit 240 yesterday. The weight is coming off slower than tree sap, but it's coming off so I can't complain. I'm averaging 1-2 pounds a week so hopefully I'll see the 230's again next week. I haven't been in the gym much this week so that's not helping.

Totally fell off my diet this weekend and likely gained about 10lbs. It's true that when you eat like crap you feel like crap. Ugh. Making the gym 3-4 times this week my goal

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Totally fell off my diet this weekend and likely gained about 10lbs. It's true that when you eat like crap you feel like crap. Ugh. Making the gym 3-4 times this week my goal

Falling off the diet is an essential part of the diet. If you don't give yourself a break from the diet on the weekends you'll be worse off (from a study I read about dieting and weight loss, 2014).

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Hit OT at 515am, started the day out right. Lots of rowing and hills. Its hard to get started but once I am, I don't want to stop.

Falling off the diet is an essential part of the diet. If you don't give yourself a break from the diet on the weekends you'll be worse off (from a study I read about dieting and weight loss, 2014).

I agree. I sat on the couch with a tub of frosting yesterday. If I don't allow myself a cheat meal or two, or a day of sinful eating then I will never make it the other days. I have wicked sweet tooth, so for 1 day...I am working to it just being 1 meal, I let my sweet tooth rule my world. Then it's back to healthy again, and because I basically made myself sick on sweets, I actually look forward to eating healthy again.

Hit OT at 515am, started the day out right. Lots of rowing and hills. Its hard to get started but once I am, I don't want to stop.

Noooooooooo, I hate both of those! Why can't we just run for distance? I need to log miles for this damn month long marathon. I leave for class in 15 minutes, I better get my mind right so my body will agree, because right now we both say eff you to rowing and hills!

I can believe that, I have a cheat day every week and I've had a lot of success with it. It's usually Monday because of the biggest loser but if I have a family function over the weekend then I switch it.

Got back on track last week with both eating and exercise, but somehow am up a pound or so. I only weighed myself twice, so I'm going to write it off as normal fluctuations. I generally feel better overall, so I'm going to focus on that for now, and the lbs will come later.

Down 1 stupid lb this week, need to find me some fiber asap since Coffee didnt work

I had a gain this week. Less than a pound but it was a gain. Eff that, I've got to get my fat a$$ back to the grind.

Noooooooooo, I hate both of those! Why can't we just run for distance? I need to log miles for this damn month long marathon. I leave for class in 15 minutes, I better get my mind right so my body will agree, because right now we both say eff you to rowing and hills!

Yeah it's tough but you'll get through it!!

Been dropping a pound a week for the last month after adjustments to macros and mods to my hiit sessions. Almost 13 weeks and have seen a nice body comp change.

I wish the weight had started to come off earlier in the process but discussing things with my trainer my body had to adjust to the change in food intake and that the starting macros and no cardio were a starting point and that adjustments would probably need to be made...overall I'm down 5 lbs total, just over 4% body fat! almost 2" off the waist.

The best part is I can eat whatever I want as long as I stay in those macros and have enjoyed pancakes everyday, pop tarts a couple times a week, candy, pizza and eating out. I have 4 more weeks or so in my current plan with my trainer and im going to do at least another 16 with him

After a few weeks of being stuck at 190-191, finally got it down to 188. Pretty happy with that. 3lbs to go until I hit my goal.

Yeah it's tough but you'll get through it!!

I survived, and I at least hit my 2 mile goal. Those 8% inclines are no joke though, when she said that I slowed my pace and walked instead of ran. I am just not at a point where I can run at an 8% incline yet...one day. I upped my weights in the weight room though since it was only 8 reps of each, so as far as weights go, I am still gaining a ton of strength. I always knew cardio would be harder for me, it always has been. Even when I was in the best shape of my life, cardio was hell for me.

After a few weeks of being stuck at 190-191, finally got it down to 188. Pretty happy with that. 3lbs to go until I hit my goal.

Nice work man, Congrats!! Couple good weeks and you're there.

Back