Best decisions you've made in your life?

Tadashi70

Reaction score
Handicap
This could be about golf or life. But I want everyone to think and think hard about the best decisions to date that you have made in your life.

For me it was answering a date request from my wife on eharmony. Having my kids. Choosing golf over a life long love for soccer. Joining THP and making some life long friends.

I realize to some THP may not even come close to great decisions but for me it ranks right up there. Shake out the drama and at its core we have some stellar learning experiences and even better people. Sure it's a small slice of what the world as whole has to offer. But I'll take the core of this slice everyday of the week.

It's more than reviews. It's why playing with THPRS is so much better. It's the people that I can call a great decision. It's more than reviews, it's the people writing and reading those reviews. THP is a great decision.

Asking GG to marry me.
Leaving the cold to move back south.
Starting THP on a whim and the willingness to do things right.
Going against all logic on some of the decisions we have made for this place.

THP is the best golf decision I've ever made and it's not even close.

10408716_10102569430003642_4072281018301599579_n_zpsjikhrhlp.jpg

For me it was tracking down my wife and asking her to get back together. We broke up for a while and I thought that's what I wanted, but one day I woke up and realized I was empty and it was bc she wasn't with me. Getting her back has given me two beautiful daughters and a partner for life that I cherish each day.

Also becoming more involved with THP is a decision I'm glad I made. It's one thing to lurk, but another to jump in, make friends and see the beauty that is THP.

Life: Taking up lacrosse and dropping baseball in elementary school or choosing OU for college.

Golf: Deciding to take it up and actually work to get better instead of just playing once or twice a year. That and joining THP, which has gotten me new friends and people to actually play golf with here after I moved.

Took the blue pill instead of the red one.

Easily the two best life decisions were sticking with my girlfriend (now wife) when transitioning to college, and having kids. I was against having kids for awhile, and my wife talked me into it and being a dad is easily the best part of life.

Golfingly speaking, joining THP instead of WRX has proven to be a fantastic decision.

24ab506a6f08d4d34659213f86022063.jpg

Nothing else even comes close as far as life goes. She's my best friend in the whole world.

JMan, that's a great pic. Thanks for sharing it with us.

The best decision I ever made was to get into IT in 1982.

As far as golf goes. It's a few things. One is just picking up golf and taking it seriously, because it's brought my father back into a game he once loved but walked away from, and now we spend more time together than ever. Also deciding to jump in head first at THP. I've made some of the best friends a guy could ask for.

Becoming a Christian

This little dude right here... and there isnt a close 2nd. He made me have a completely different outlook on life in general. He made me enjoy golf a lot more because I realized that a bad day at the course got a whole lot better when I walked in the door and he came running!!

25 years ago I put off doing an already over due grad school paper to accept an invitation to a weekend river rafting trip, where I met the girl that became my wife.

Definitely marrying my wife Michelle
My relationship with God

Very soon it will be my little baby girl

*Joining THP has been a great decision as well

Getting divorced, my kids are so much better off now that we are not stuck in a miserable household.

I don't think I am done living enough to say that I have made my best one yet...

(However, stalking the woman who would become my wife and mother to my children ranks right up there)

Home

1. Marrying my wife
  2. Having my two wonderful children

Golf

1. Joining THP

All were life changing decisions that changed my life for the way better!

1. Asking my lovely wife to marry me.
2. Having kids.
3. Taking my current job.

For me, its moving to Colorado. It allowed me to figure out who I am and grow independent of an overly strong family influence and pretty much everything else that has brought me down. It also led me to my wonderful lady, who actually has me at least considering thinkin about future things.

By far my best decision was asking Natalie to marry me. 10 years later and I still can't believe she said "yes".

1. Responding to my wife on Match,
2. Switching research tracks in the middle of my doctoral program. It added a couple of years to my tenure, but it turned out to be the right play,
3. Moving into a research field which was only tangentially related to the one I studied for ... it has opened up a lot of doors for me, along with (hopefully) a lot of career stability.

Best decisions you've made in your life?

Great question Fedddie.

Best decision by far was deciding to meet Michelle ( by far the better half of this relationship) by placing a classified add 20 years ago.
Yes a actual newspaper classified. There was no internet then :)

She has been such a positive influence in my life.

1. Becoming a Christian.
2. Moving to PA in 2009. I moved back to my hometown of Mobile, AL when I graduated college and just struggled professionally there. Moved to PA, and after a couple temp jobs I was offered a full time employment in 2011 and am still with the company. It's not perfect, but I've grown a lot professionally, the company is stable, and my skill set is a huge asset to the department I'm in.

Becoming a Christian
Getting married and having kids
Joining the United States Air Force

Back