• Neither make the cut so it doesn't matter

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Rickie Fowler had one of the best major seasons possible last year without winning one. He played great golf and came close a number of times. Jordan Spieth is hot right now and has been a pro less than 3 years. He has only played in a single Masters, but is one of the top 2-3 favorites heading into this week.

Who finishes higher this week and why?

Rickie. I think Spieth is going to take a little hit mentally after this past weekend. I think Rickie is really going to bring it.

Spieth, I think mainly on momentum alone. Playing some good golf and no reason to think that stops anytime soon.

I think Spieth. Playing some very good golf lately, and has to give him some confidence knowing he contended here, and had the lead in the Masters. I expect Jordan to finish in the T-10

I could be totally wrong, but to me Spieth is the better putter, and he's playing really good golf right now, so I voted for him.

Spieth, I know Rickie played well last year at big tournaments, but Spieth has been playing much better this spring, and he didn't do so poorly at this event last year.

Recent events say Spieth, but I'm going with Ricky. I hope it's Ricky, Tiger or Rory who grabs that jacket. Spieth works for me too though.

I'm going with Spieth. He's absolutely on fire and I don't see him slowing down any time soon.

Spieth is what we all hoped Fowler would be.

Spieth by a landslide.

Spieth. Better overall player right now and I believe his short game trumps Fowlers and we know how important that is at Augusta.

Jordan finishes higher. He held the lead last year. He a better player. He is performing on courses that are new to him. Getting reads right and lines right off the tee.

He is hot right now but has been hot for longer than a minute with less knowledge.

I think Spieth edges him out. He's shown good form lately and I don't think this past weekend will linger. I like Rickie, but he hasn't shown much and Jordan's short game/putting is pretty good right now.

I voted for Tiger.

For the real question. Give me Spieth. Right now better short game and putter.

Spieth as I believe he has the much better short game. Which is why I think an American will win anyway.. Could be Jordan's year...

Based on recent play, Spieth.

Spieth. I believe they said he was #1 in most putting categories, he's had a few wins recently, and he has already shown promise at the masters last year. He just seems to have it right now.

Doesnt Vegas usually say to always bet against the fans choice?
I kid I kid.

Rickie hasn't shown great form so far this year. I think only 1 top 20. Spieth is hot so I'm going with him.

I gotta go with Ricky edging out Speith. Ricky will continue his stellar play in the majors this year and will place in the top 5 ahead of Jordan.

I will say Rickie plays better than Spieth...Spieth will have a slight let down after the past 3 tourney run he's had

Spieth finishes higher, Rickie can't putt this year.

i am going with Spieth based on momentum and playing pretty well. Rickie is having problems scoring and keeping up with the field.

I think a lot of the hype about Rickie going into the majors this year, is his performance last year. He certainly hasn't set the world on fire in 2015. He hasn't had a top 10 on tour since the HSBC Champions, and just went 77-76 in his last two competitive rounds. Last year he came into the Masters after a top ten finish at the SHO, and save for being 13th(which could be close enough) at the St Jude, he went into each of the majors riding a top ten finish. He had 5 more events under his belt last year going into Augusta than he does this year, already with two top tens in the previous two months.

I just don't see it from him this year like we did last year. People were talking about his results well before the Masters, not after he started putting up top 5s during major season.

Like both, voted for Spieth because I hate those stupid flat billed caps.

Spieth is playing really well lately.

Back