The Bubba Watson Thread

Not even close to what I was saying. Two guys. Both top 5. One is an asshole and the other is loved by fans. Which one you think gets more endorsement money? Give you a hint, its not the asshole.

Be a prick all you want if you are a player, but then dont cry wolf every time you dont get your way and dont pretend you care when the cameras are rolling.

I completely agree, nothing like being a fake.

I dont see this as a Christian thing, or a deuche thing. Clearly from reading that article someone posted that Bubba has some sort of mood or bipolar disorder. I wont hate him for that. Ill save my hate for the Mike Vick, Ray Rice's of the world.

And for all that get upset for Bubba preaching his Christianity..... thats a job for a Christian. The Bible asks Christians to spread the word. So dont hate him for that

I dont see this as a Christian thing, or a deuche thing. Clearly from reading that article someone posted that Bubba has some sort of mood or bipolar disorder. I wont hate him for that. Ill save my hate for the Mike Vick, Ray Rice's of the world.

And for all that get upset for Bubba preaching his Christianity..... thats a job for a Christian. The Bible asks Christians to spread the word. So dont hate him for that

I don't hate him for spreading the word. I will however forever hold him in disdain for his public stance on homosexuality.

This is for a different thread but don't preach to me what you yourself can't even do.

Do as I say, not as I do?

Legit.

I just think he's a douche.

I don't hate him for spreading the word. I will however forever hold him in disdain for his public stance on homosexuality.
I dont agree with his views on homosexuality personally, but I do understand that many Christian/Catholic Churches hate it with a passion.

I have argued with many ppl about the subject. They just always say "well they are going to hell". And I say, ok thats fine let them do that, u dont have to tell them that. I also say to them that the bible teaches u to treat ur enemy with respect.

Ask me what I really think Friday or Saturday night.

Family friendly forum.
The words that may come out of our mouths lol

This is for a different thread but don't preach to me what you yourself can't even do.

Do as I say, not as I do?

Legit.
I see where u coming from, but Bubba says that hes not perfect and stuggles with it. So many people in every walk of life are hypocritical. We are hypocritical if we say weve never been hypocritical. No parent can ever try to be a perfect parent without tell their child not to do something they did.

I had to change the channel during his interview cause I couldn't take any more ummmms

So bubba is a douche because he yells at his caddy (because everyone's fav tiger never did that) and gets emotional and won't sign an autograph and has his own opinions on things. Screw the fact he supports our military, just helped build a beautiful children's/peds wing at a hospital, donates money everywhere. I understand people don't like someone but why call names. Just sounds like a lot of hate and jealousy.

So bubba is a douche because he yells at his caddy (because everyone's fav tiger never did that) and gets emotional and won't sign an autograph and has his own opinions on things. Screw the fact he supports our military, just helped build a beautiful children's/peds wing at a hospital, donates money everywhere. I understand people don't like someone but why call names. Just sounds like a lot of hate and jealousy.
Agree. Funny how that works. Michael Jordan is a dick to ppl constantly and u dont hear ppl flipping out about it.

Bubba does a lot of great things, I applaud him for that. Dude is still a douche, though.

Bernie Madoff donated millions to lymphoma research. Does this make him an awesome guy?

Giving money away because it benefits you for tax purposes doesn't make you a good dude! Want to be a good dude then fine be a good dude but don't boast about the good dude stuff you do unless your asked about it.

Bubba is a douche cause he talks like an idiot, gloats the dumb crap he buys or has, yet seemingly puts his faith out there every chance he gets but doesn't walk the talk that comes out of his mouth.

I have long since been a Bubba fan and after reading this thread so many times I think I'm starting to waiver a bit, but something that just struck me and I'm curious what others think:

Tiger Woods has done bad if not worse things than Bubba, but his fandom seems to be huge and sometimes ignorant to some of those things, why such a backlash to Bubba and from what it seems, not as much to Tiger in regards to fans and the number?

Giving money away because it benefits you for tax purposes doesn't make you a good dude! Want to be a good dude then fine be a good dude but don't boast about the good dude stuff you do unless your asked about it.

Bubba is a douche cause he talks like an idiot, gloats the dumb crap he buys or has, yet seemingly puts his faith out there every chance he gets but doesn't walk the talk that comes out of his mouth.

And I suppose adopting two kids makes him a douche as well.

I think what this whole thing boils down to doesn't really have anything to do with Christiananity per se. What it comes down to is some people think Bubba is just not a perfect Christian (like every other Christian, or person, in the world) and are willing to give him the benefit of the doubt. Other people don't buy it and think he's fakeing it and all the nice things he does are just for PR reasons.

Personally....I give him the benefit of the doubt.

I have long since been a Bubba fan and after reading this thread so many times I think I'm starting to waiver a bit, but something that just struck me and I'm curious what others think:

Tiger Woods has done bad if not worse things than Bubba, but his fandom seems to be huge and sometimes ignorant to some of those things, why such a backlash to Bubba and from what it seems, not as much to Tiger in regards to fans and the number?
I'm the same way. I see what he does on the course when he's mad, and don't like it. But I see Tiger, Spieth, Sergio etc do similar things and not get nearly the reactions. He has never been accused of cheating, never any signs of infidelity or been arrested for public intox or weed or anything else. About the worst thing he has done is buy expensive things and get overly angry on the golf course, something I have see many THPers do.

I wish he would clear up his antics, but I have never seen anything that makes me think he's a bad dude. Just a mental midget with social anxiety.

Tiger has done bad if not worse things? Hes done way worse things! So ppl hate Bubba because he has berated his caddie, cursed a few times, refused to sign autographs a few times, and has been mad at the crowd for some distractions, and the rain incident.

Now lets look at Tiger. Tiger has berated his caddie be4. Cursed many many times on the course. He refuses to sign autographs more than anyone on the tour. Mad at the crowd for distractions? How bout the camera click freak out? Let's not forget that he has cheated on his wife probably more times than he can remember. I dont hate Tiger im just saying hes a worse person than Bubba.

What it comes down to is that ppl hate "in your face" Christians. People who let their religion be known. Like Tim Tebow. Literally the nicest person in all of sports. Literally never done a thing wrong but ppl hate him. And ppl who say they hate him because he shouldnt be a QB is bs. Ppl are gushing over Hunley from UCLA who has had more accuracy issues than Tebow.

Ppl wont admit to it, but they hate people who profess their faith publicly. And this is not coming from me being a "in your face" Christian. I just hate people who arent transparent with their thoughts. The only Bubba haters I respect are ones who say "I hate Bubba because of his stance on homosexuality". I agree that Bubba should not have professed his thoughts on that one. Even tho its part of his faith. It was wrong.

And I suppose adopting two kids makes him a douche as well.
Haters will say "Omg he adopted kids to make himself look better..... what a deuche!"

I don't really like Tiger or Bubba, but I'm ok with Xians.

Haters will say "Omg he adopted kids to make himself look better..... what a deuche!"
What monster has said that? I have yet to read a single post with those thoughts.

To say Tiger doesn't get the backlash is saying you are not reading the threads.

Back