US Open Local Qualifying Begins May 2nd

If you had the handicap to be able to attempt to qualify how much would it cost to try?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's $125/player for the four-ball event so I'd guess somewhere around there.

My goal is to get my handicap low enough to play in this in the next couple years. The course they play this at is 10 minutes from my house and the Denver crew plays out there a few times a year.

I've played in two of these right outta h.s. Didn't fare too well either try. Talk about pressure. Not sure can get down that low in time for signup close. Maybe next year....?

Darn it all! I'm busy on all of those dates. Oh well!:alien:

The one in San Antonio holds a qualifier almost every year. I play it a good amount of times every year (in my Friday group rota). Definitely the hardest muni in the city. I think last year, -3 got you into a playoff.

If I could get down to a 1.4 by then heck yea I would. The chances of that happening however are slim and none.

I've played Planterra Ridge in Peachtree City Georgia quite a few times, best score I shot there was an 86 , I'm out !

And the course in Knoxville Holston Hills I drive by daily and really would like to play it .

Winchell is getting married at Weymouth CC this summer and we're playing there as part of his wedding package. May be a good prep round lol

Ever played Weymouth? Solid track...

Ever played Weymouth? Solid track...

I haven't. I'm looking forward to it this spring

I had my handicap down that low for a brief period. I did think about going for it at the time but the dates didn't work. I don't know if I even got my cap that low again if I would even want to play in one.

If I was 4.5 lower, I would be bound for Bay Point in Panama City, FL. But I'm not so I will be more than happy to be playing with a bunch of THPers at some other awesome venue hopefully sometime later this year.

I will give it a go this year. Really surprised there are only 2 places in Georgia. I've played Jennings Mill a couple times with a low of 71. If I remember correctly the cost is around 175, but well worth it.

2 years away

I find the Glen Ellyn choice for Illinois interesting to say the least. Extremely scorable golf course but you definitely want to know the track before teeing it up.

I will give it a go this year. Really surprised there are only 2 places in Georgia. I've played Jennings Mill a couple times with a low of 71. If I remember correctly the cost is around 175, but well worth it.

Good luck!

I find the Glen Ellyn choice for Illinois interesting to say the least. Extremely scorable golf course but you definitely want to know the track before teeing it up.
The choices generally have more to do with a course that will let the USGA come in and tell them what they need to do and be willing to do it while volunteering a full day and all for free.

The choices generally have more to do with a course that will let the USGA come in and tell them what they need to do and be willing to do it while volunteering a full day and all for free.

I'd say that is pretty good advertising for them though, and they would probably make it up down the line, for public courses anyways.

Nice list - I have played a few of these courses. DC Ranch in Scottsdale is an easy track, kinda gimmicky. Southern Dunes in Maricopa, AZ is a solid track.
Hope they post scores at each course somewhere.

On the USGA site, the locals that qualify will get scores posted on the USGA.com

Last years results are here-> http://www.usga.org/championships/2015/u-s--open-local-qualifying-results.html

Amateurgolf.com has the same. But, also has a link to each sites full results. Full Results are maintained by each states golf association.
https://amateurgolf.com/golf-tourna...ults--Completed-scores-from-around-the-nation

I'd say that is pretty good advertising for them though, and they would probably make it up down the line, for public courses anyways.
Very true, and private courses get bragging rights over the other private courses nearby.

Back