Can't wait to play tomorrow

Mach2

Reaction score
Handicap
USGA 13.7
Two weeks ago I was coming out of a sand trap and slipped. Have bursitis in the left hip and felt something that didn't feel right in the left hip when I slipped. First few days after that I could hardly put weight on the left leg, the hip socket really was screaming. It got feeling better each day. Tomorrow I'm playing golf with the Bud's, can't wait. Hope I don't flinch at impact and follow thru. Maybe should have waited another week, but I'm goin nuts not playing for 2 weeks.

Put new Sharpro 3CAT grips on the Apex CF 16 irons and bought a new 2017 M2 driver, 9.5* this time. My gamer 2016 M2 is a 10.5*. Hoping for a lower launch with the 2017 M2. May try changing to 10.5* for the back nine holes, having read that changing the 9.5* to 10.5* will create a slightly closed face. I like the closed face deal, since my miss with driver is a fade/cut. Like I said I can't wait for tomorrow to get back on the golf course. Using a Solonpas pain patch on the left hip and 600 mg Oxaprozin.

2%204%2017%20grips_zpskxgmzxdd.jpg
2%204%2017%20M2%20bottom%20b_zpsqksofw6c.jpg

Hope it goes well and pain free!

Good luck!!

Good luck! Its awesome to be excited about playing and i cannot wait until the weather breaks

Good luck and play well!

Hope your day is pain free. Also, please provide some feedback on the CAT3 grips. I am ready to regrip and thinking about trying something different. Thanks.

Have fun and very nice driver!!

Glad you're back. Make sure to *carefully* stretch that hip out before you swing! Good luck, and have fun.

Hope your day is pain free. Also, please provide some feedback on the CAT3 grips. I am ready to regrip and thinking about trying something different. Thanks.
For a couple years I've been using Golf Pride Tour Velvet Super Tack grips but lately I played some Mizuno MX 25 irons with Sharpro chord grips. Liked them and searching for more of them I saw the CAT3 grips and bought those. Had them installed and will reply on them later today.

Cool grips and driver. Hope it goes well! And Solonpas is good stuff

Hope its a pain free round and you shoot well with the new driver!

Enjoy that new driver and your round!

mesaman, I love the 3CAT grips, love em. There's enough cord for the left hand to feel it thru a glove, and the tacky to the feel, white rubber under the right hand feels great. I will install these grips on all irons. Still like the feel of the golf pride tour velvet super tack grip for the driver, 3 wood and 4 hybrid. I'n not touching the grips on the V-MG 2 dot raw finish RTX-3 53*, 56* & 59* wedges. Had the 54* bent to 53* and the 58* bent to 59* to go with the 56*. I don't want to put any negative "mojo" on those awesome performing wedges. All I do is clean em and hit em. :bananadance:

Everything you've heard about the 2017 M2 being an improvement over the 2016 M2 IS TRUE. I hit the new 9.5* M2 12 times today and hit 11 fairways with it. The one missed fairway was on me, tried to kill it. :banghead: :angry: I love the lower trajectory from the 9.5*, compared to my 2016 M2 @ 10.5*. On a couple holes I was much futher than normal and one hole we had a slight breeze with and I hit it 267 yds. Not bad for a 72 year old hacker with a replaced left knee and replaced right shoulder. I don't care for the louder plink sound at impact, much prefer the thump at impact that comes with the 2016 M2 but I will quickly get used to the sound, along with the 10-15 yard longer result. I had doubts that a $400.00 cost of the "New and Improved" M2 would not result in a noticeable improvement, not any more and that's after only 12 holes. $400.00 well spent. Thanks TaylorMade.

The left hip was not painfully noticable during any of the 78 swings and putts, but it still hurts to walk and put pressure on the left hip joint walking though. Glad I took care of it for the last 2 weeks, but it SURE WAS GREAT BACK ON A GOLF COURSE. My Happy Place.

All good thing Mach, nice write-up. Glad your day went well. I'm going to definitely get a grip and try it out on my 54*, see how I like it. My MCC plus 4 have gotten slick pretty quickly. Time to try something else. Thanks for the update.

Sent from my 6045O using Tapatalk

Back