The THP Range/Practice Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finally got out to the range today over lunch. Was suspect after the first 15 balls, but then got back into a groove again that I have been seeing. I have found in my effort to shorten my swing slightly I went two short. After playing back some video on shots where I thought I was going way past where I should be on video it just right. It was leading to about 5 to 7 yards more also. I was getting frustrated because I was down about half a club but striking the ball so much better it didn't make sense to me. Getting that little bit of extra width in my swing has helped.

You have got a great swing. If you spent any amount of time with just hitting ball after ball who knows where you could go. The blueprint is there my man.

Hit the range and putting green today.
Worked on 60 yd and 100 yd shots today. Moved to 6 i carry 170 yds, with good success, but a little too much draw. I need to spend more effort on a straighter swing path thru the ball.
Driver and 3h closed out the range session.
Chipping practice - I just need to relax and keep my weight forward on the course, because I had great success today.
Putting for almost 90 min, working on the gate drill, the clock drill, and distance control (especially uphill 30-40 ft putts).

Went to the range today and got 90 minutes of practice time. Started with working out of the bunker, then to green side chips, then bump and runs. After that I went and worked on the driver swing since it was mats only. I went about 30 feet right of the range and got on top of the hills that divide the range and the first hole and practiced punch shots from under two trees back onto the range. I got about 20 swings in before the one of the workers came up and told me that the pro did not want me up there and that they were mats only. They gut told me he had never seen anyone go there and practice punch shots and thought it was a good idea but he had to make me move. So I ended with some putting.

Gonna try to get to the dome later. Would be the 3rd time swinging the new irons and I've liked what I've seen so far. Wish I could have got a round in today. High 40s on 1/9 in WNY is unheard of.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

First chance in a couple weeks to hit some balls. Hit 12 wedge shots to a couple target greens to get loose and work on 50-60 yds shots. Then went through the bag with 5 balls each of pw,8i,6i,4h,driver. Hit 3 balls with hw and 4w. Then worked on swing with another 50 balls from the large bucket using 7i & 6i. Focus was on tempo and keeping swing compact and not overswinging. Noticed when takeaway tempo was off swing got long and either hit some pulls or pushes. At this point focus was to pause at the top before my transition. This improved the shot quality and strikes were more crisp.

The last 10 balls or so were spent with driver and working on takeaway and tempo.

Odd it's going to be 50 here tomorrow. Might have to find a range and take advantage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Special helper today at the range. Getting her XXIO on.

b58e9dba734993d942b636467829abff.jpg

ec73edbebf42641d1babb07bdff6d1ff.jpg

Another 30 mins in the garage with foam balls and a PW, I wanted to go chip around the back yard since it's almost 50 out, but it's just muck out there.

I think one thing I really need to focus on is ball position with my irons. I finally got a great routine down with my driver, and I'm almost positive my setup to the ball with irons is one of the things that's hurt my swing. Traditionally, I've played almost all irons in the center of my stance, save for 4i & 5i, and on my last few rounds I noticed I was topping balls but on the way down - divots were well in front of where the ball was.

I just went upstairs where my clubs are stored, and we have a nice thick carpet that I dragged my foot across to make a line. Even taking half swings with a 6i, the club was bottoming out a good 3-4 inches in front of the line that represented the ball. I'm wondering if having the ball in the relative middle of my stance has caused me more problems than not. Definitely something for me to work on this winter.

Hit the golf sim today. Swing wise probably one of the best days I've ever had. I think I had five swings that were over the top. Everything else was inside out. If I could stop being so fast with my right arm it this year could be big for me. Very excited with what I am seeing.

Still no banana slices just nice and straight after my last lesson.The face is so wide open on the way down but it goes dead straight.Hit some dead straight and low 100 yard 7 irons.That is a good distance for me

The THP Range/Practice Thread

Got out for two range sessions.

Short and mid irons felt pretty good. My long irons were crappy at best. Which frustrates me cause I take great pride in hitting long irons.

Got out for two range sessions.

Short and mid irons felt pretty good. My long irons were crappy at best. Which frustrates me cause I take great pride in hitting long irons.
Did you get lie angles checked?

Just had a 20 minute lesson with pro at Torrey range. Night and Day difference. Length and height came out of nowhere. Amazing results

Did you get lie angles checked?

They need adjusting based on the website. I'm a standard standard. And they are showing flat 1 degree.

They need adjusting based on the website. I'm a standard standard. And they are showing flat 1 degree.
They were originally 2 flat of callaway std. May have moved from there

I was the only idiot at the range tonight in the 17* weather but it was a good session. Making very good contact with the ball.

My short game is horrendous! Distance control with the wedges today was a joke! #own125 is more like the scores I'll be posting if I don't dedicate some time on it.

My short game is horrendous! Distance control with the wedges today was a joke! #own125 is more like the scores I'll be posting if I don't dedicate some time on it.

You will turn it around - I have no doubt.

This made me lol. You can't even consider that hitting of mats dude.

I don't think it's that far off and we had some crazy wind today plus hittin off mats.

other than driver and 4w off the deck felt good with tempo today. Irons were some of the best contact and balls flight I have seen lately and other than a handful of 5i shots I'm happy where the iron swing is.

Need to work on swing,tempo and transition with the driver.

Yesterday's round of great driving and poor iron play made it clear what I need to work on.

Right now I'm blocking all my irons to the right. My usual "block fix" is causing hooks instead of straight. Meanwhile I'm making really solid and pure contact.

How can I hit 4 completely different shots with the same club, back to back to back to back? One high right, one low right, one low left and one high left. Just pick any club and I can do it. Just don't know which is going to be when.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back