Nike Vapor Pro Driver Review

As I mentioned, I think my verbiage looks off there in terms of point of impact of the Fly-beams and the location at which they stop, could have and should have been worded a little cleaner and more concisely, alas, I have not seen a full cutaway of the head.
I want you to know I am not trying to nit pick your review. Just trying to discuss the technology.

I want you to know I am not trying to nit pick your review. Just trying to discuss the technology.

Dude, believe me, I know. I'm just a little perturbed at myself.

In the end, I hope people go hit this and the Speed. Nike finally has gotten back on the right track with their metal-woods again IMO. Yeah, they're BRIGHT, but they're solid. SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO many good clubs out this year its silly.

You would punish this driver my friend.

You think dude? Maybe there will be one in Tampa if I can get there.

You think dude? Maybe there will be one in Tampa if I can get there.

I think it would truly surprise you, in a good way. I really do.

I'll try it dude, this weekend I'll be up at the beach so I'll see what it does and see if I can get some numbers with it.

Dude, believe me, I know. I'm just a little perturbed at myself.

In the end, I hope people go hit this and the Speed. Nike finally has gotten back on the right track with their metal-woods again IMO. Yeah, they're BRIGHT, but they're solid. SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO many good clubs out this year its silly.
This is an amazing line. No doubt. The Volt is bright. But it does its attention grabbing job. I do like the stock shaft offering, but more options would be nice. but THAT is a nit pick. There is a lot of really good tech and design in this head.

And even better, Nike is trying their damnedest to educate consumers about what's in these woods.

I need more volt in my life!

I'll immediately play like Rory, I'm sure!

You might want to stock up on some extra 3 irons to throw. :act-up:

As always James, killer review.

Great review Jman. Even though ive never seen or hit it I really like the looks, and im probably in the minority but I actually like the colour.

I haven't hit this head yet, but I'd really like to soon - hopefully I will get to at my fitting. I hit the Flex with the same shaft (which is my preferred shaft in my Titleist) and liked it fine, but I imagine I'd like the Pro better since it offers a little more forgiveness and launch. Love the look too. Excited to hit this one.
Hit it today, and MAN. Loved it. First swing carried it about 255 with 103mph club speed. Really good for me. Hit 4 or 5 more and continued to hit it well. Hoping to spend some more time with it in the future.

Awesome Review James! Ive been looking forward to this one, and you definitely did not disappoint. Can't wait to hit this again. It felt so good off the face and gave me some great numbers.

Okay, back from the range with the launch monitor. Here are the numbers.

This is the average of the best 5 balls.

Ball Speed 149
Launch Angle 14.1
Spin 2787
Carry 243

This is the average of all of the balls

Ball Speed 144
Launch Angle 13.7
Spin 2913
Carry 235

Not as good as a couple of others I tested it against today, but not bad either. A bit of a hollow feel to me. Top to bottom the forgiveness is pretty decent. Laterally I dont see it, although its better towards the heel than towards the toe. Looks good at setup.

So even your 5 best spun more with this than the 815. Interesting, I would have thought this would have been closer and maybe even lower.

So even your 5 best spun more with this than the 815. Interesting, I would have thought this would have been closer and maybe even lower.

Me too. Dont get me wrong, I enjoy the club and hit it rather well, but it just did not give me the same thing a few others did. Will have the Flex and Speed out there tomorrow along with a couple of others for the same test.

I have been gaming this driver for a few weeks and find it to be pretty remarkable. It has the setup and appearance of a more demanding club, but retains enough forgiveness to be useful. I haven't gone into great analysis looking at the numbers, so I don't know how it truly performs from an analytical standpoint but I know from playing it is performing well for me enough to subjectively be confident in it.

Me too. Dont get me wrong, I enjoy the club and hit it rather well, but it just did not give me the same thing a few others did. Will have the Flex and Speed out there tomorrow along with a couple of others for the same test.
Nice. I mean you can't argue with numbers. Someday I will hit it side by side with my 2.0 Tour and see how different. Overall sounds like it's good, but doesn't offer the performance of the 815.

Nice. I mean you can't argue with numbers. Someday I will hit it side by side with my 2.0 Tour and see how different. Overall sounds like it's good, but doesn't offer the performance of the 815.

Not sure and everybody will be different. I think they are trending in the right direction as I thought they were last year too. I like a lot about this driver and think many others will as well.

For me this and the bb815 were pretty similar. I like the sound and feel from this driver and the setup isn't as intimidating as I first imagined

I hit this today (indoors) as part of my initial driver search. Definitely the best feeling for me from the seven I hit. I need the solid feeling like I'm hitting a nail with a hammer and this did that for me. It was also the longest and 2d most accurate (again, indoors) out of those I hit. (B-stone was the most accurate and 2d longest but I think I need to find the J815). Definitely on the short list as I delve into the enormous number of driver options available right now. The others were the Cally XR, V series, & Alpha 815, Srixon 745, Ping LS TEC, Bridgestone J715, and TEE Beta E8. The search has just begun!

This driver was a real star for me at the THP Live driver testing event. I unfortunately didn't test it out on the range, but had the chance to put it in play for 3 holes during my round. All 3 drives were dead center of the fairway, and were all 3 what I consider long. 2 of them were pounded, and provided great distance. The "worst" drive of the 3 was the most impressive to me. I hit one and immediately knew it was not well struck, I looked at the face to see I had missed towards the toe by a good margin. I look up to see a nice ball flight right down the center. The drive was GPS'd at 255, while far from my best of the day, is a more than satisfactory distance for me on a well hit shot, typically as much as I missed the center, I would have expected to be 15 yards shorter than I was.

I then went to Dicks today and put this head to head with the Callaway XR, this lagged behind the XR by about 5 yards. But in all of the shots I hit on the monitor, none of them would have missed the fairway. The dispersion was really really good with this driver.

This was the surprise purchase of the year for me. I spent almost two hours trying driver demos on the range and walked out ordering this one. The game changer for me on this club is the 60g x flex Diamana shaft I will have in it. A lightweight x flex shaft is the perfect combination for me. I have a 100 mph swing, a pretty slow backswing but a violent transition. The results spoke for themselves.

For the first time I can remember, I took aim at a specific point (the last pole of the side netting the range had) and was able to hit a driver to that spot many times with many being within a few yards of the target laterally! Before that, my goal has always been "fairway" or some other massive goal. And my misses were to the right, which has not been the case for me with a driver for years now. In fact that was why I gave up hitting drivers a year ago.

I am hopeful I can get this in hand to take with me to Kentucky this weekend.

Last edited:
Boom. Finally got it in. First mini range session was a great success.

ba252073a4d1fe8a5b47e3763c60bd3b.jpg

8ce26ebed85c33d832fbc9f02948d9b0.jpg

I adore this driver. I've got absolutely no reason to change ATM, but this one and the 915D2 are my favorite driver releases of the year that I've hit so far (both have the Diamana S+ stock - I am thinking this is not a coincidence). I was getting borderline ridiculous numbers the two times I've hit this, and I love the sound and feel (massive improvement over the Covert line IMO).

First on course action today with this beast, and I couldn't be happier. It has a very penetrating flight for me. I hit a lot of fairways today and had a few misses that weren't nearly as penalizing as I expected. Caught a few low on the face that were pretty much missiles dead straight. Along with the Flex FW I couldn't be happier so far!

Back