Tiger, Phil, Fowler, Reed, and and Jon Rahm for the Euro Market.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

If I'm starting a new tour I need name recognition and talent with bonus points for the person bringing anything else to the table. With that in I would go with Fowler, Phil, Bubba, Rory and Spieth.

Ricky Fowler - Millenial Magnet
Luke Donald - European Fan Base
Beef - Will revive the John Daly crowd
Matt Kuchar - Easy to root for
Byeong Hun An - Need some of the Asian Market

If I'm starting a new tour I need name recognition and talent with bonus points for the person bringing anything else to the table. With that in I would go with Fowler, Phil, Bubba, Rory and Spieth.

Spieth's in the top 10. Substitute with Justin Thomas?

1. Phil Mickelson (Because he's Phil, the sight of his short game alone can create a golf fan)
2. Ricky Fowler (Attracts a completely different crowd than most golfers will, skilled, and extremely likeable)
3. Tiger Woods (Instant marketability. Fresh start. Good for him, good for the fans, and good for the Tour. Can join the Tour staff after retirement with creative business mentality/vision)
4. John Rahm (Young superstar that can take the reins of the Tour when Tiger and Phil retire after the first 3-5 years)
5. Jaime Sadlowski (Fans want big drives and action, they already come to see Bubba and DJ for that and he takes it to another level)

My FAB 5

Patrick Reed, like the excitement he brings to the course
Rickie Fowler, pied piper (in a good sense) of the tour will bring in young followers in droves
Phil Mickelson, short game wizard
Bubba Watson, long ball king
Tiger Woods, just because he's Tiger

Rickie
Bubba
Ollie
Bryson
Beef

If this hypothetical is only for professional golfers then ignore my response. If the goal is to make money or grow overall interest in golf then I would propose a celebrity-based tour. Not necessarily the best B-list celebrity players but A-list celebrities who like to play golf. Because of celebrity schedules you would have to rotate in a cast of characters but I'd start recruitment with:
Jordan
Marky Mark Wahlberg
Cameron Diaz
Kate Upton
Adam Levine

I'm going on a different direction.

Wes and George Bryan they know how to play to the followers and put on a show.

Rickie Fowler dude will bring like 1/2 of the Internet.

Sadlowski....just to watch him crush the ball over and over again.

Lydia Ko she'll bring the other 1/2 of the Internet.

The purpose of something like is to put on a show and bring fans and their lovely lovey piles of money for merch. These folks know how to put on a show and they appreciate the fans.

Rickie Fowler
Phil Mickelson
John Rahm
Justin Rose
Thomas Pieters

The goal is to shape the fans interest for the first 3-5 years and to do that with both great play, fan interest and more.

11. Patrick Reed
14. Rickie Fowler
23. Phil Mickelson
324. Miguel Angel Jimenez
1887. Jamie Sadlowski

EDIT: I was hoping to be the first to mention Sadlowski, but I wound up third!

Mine's the only one with MAJ though!

Rickie Fowler - huge millennial following and the part of the SB16 crew

Beef - Guy is sponsored by Arbys and just is always smiling - will definitely bring the European market with him

Zach Johnson - Major winner and relate-able as not being a long ball hitter however still able to hang with everyone due to his creative short game

Patrick Reed - His presence on the Ryder Cup will attract US AND European Market Share - and the passion he carries will go along way

Lefty - Has a presence that is unmistakable - people both young and old would tune in to watch - and that would be huge for ratings

Back