Honda classic monday qualifier help!

Love stories like this. Good luck to him this week!

OK GUYS!

My Guy is in the 5 way playoff this morning for the Honda Classic and I'm asking for thoughts and prayers from all. He's an excellent player and a birdie machine.

He has been struggling for some time now and he just needs a break, so I'm asking for a little help and encouragement from you all.

Stephen Gangluff.......He's one of the Good Guys!

Thanks!

I live in Marysville, where he is from. Hope he does well this week!

Best of luck to Stephen! I will be watching for him.

Awesome that he got it! Always fun to have a guy outside of the big names to watch for! Good luck to Stephen, I'll be watching for him, too!

He was born and raised in Marysville. Small world, huh?

Yep, his Dad always used to be at the golf course I worked at years a go. They had an article hanging up from when he won on the Canadian tour. He's about 10 years older than me so I don't know him but it's always cool when he's playing in PGA events. I'll be definitely rooting for him to make it to the weekend this week.

Yep, his Dad always used to be at the golf course I worked at years a go. They had an article hanging up from when he won on the Canadian tour. He's about 10 years older than me so I don't know him but it's always cool when he's playing in PGA events. I'll be definitely rooting for him to make it to the weekend this week.

Which one? Marysville Golf Club?

Which one? Marysville Golf Club?

Timberview. I believe there is still a picture hanging up of him at Marysville Golf Club though from when he was a kid playing in a junior event.

Timberview. I believe there is still a picture hanging up of him at Marysville Golf Club though from when he was a kid playing in a junior event.

When did you work at the View?

Good luck to your student today.

As others have said, who doesn't love a good Monday qualifier story?

That's cool. I've been the Head Pro there for the past 12 years, so I gotta know you or you know me!lol

Only about 25 minutes from my house- may have to venture out sometime this year and say hello.

double post--dern internet

I've got him on my watch list for the leaderboard on pgatour.com. He's doing pretty well so far, hope he can keep it up!

Congrats to your boy!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I love a good Monday Qualifier story too. How is your guy doing?

He's in Houston this week trying to Monday qualify for the Houston Open. We're trying to get in as many Monday qualifiers as we can until his rotation comes up on the Web.com Tour, which should be around the middle of April. He's playing some fee paid ProAms which cover his expenses while trying to Monday qualify.

It's tuff when you're operating on a shoestring without any backing. I have to say some of the OEM's have been great as far equipment goes and it gives us hope that they recognize his abilities and are looking further down the road to his success.

That's great. Best of luck in Houston. It only takes one good tournament. How does Monday qualifying affect rotation?

Thanks! We appreciate it. All depends if he qualifies tomorrow and then makes the cut on Friday. Where he finishes will dictate our next move. Obviously finishing high enough to get in the next PGA event would be the route we'll take. It really has no affect on his rotation status on the web.com and he would still hold his position, but naturally we would prefer the PGA Tour for obvious reasons.....$$$$$

There's not much on here about what it's really like to try to Monday Qualify or even pre-qualify. My buddy has set his sights on trying and it's no easy task obviously. Your guy has been out there for a while and even with all his past experience he had trouble. Why do you think that is. Can you offer some advice is it a head thing a money thing a talent thing. My buddy is talented but should he chase it on his own dime which isn't much. No sponsorship obviously like your guy. Thanks.

There's not much on here about what it's really like to try to Monday Qualify or even pre-qualify. My buddy has set his sights on trying and it's no easy task obviously. Your guy has been out there for a while and even with all his past experience he had trouble. Why do you think that is. Can you offer some advice is it a head thing a money thing a talent thing. My buddy is talented but should he chase it on his own dime which isn't much. No sponsorship obviously like your guy. Thanks.

Talent runs through a great deal of guys. Being able to turn that talent into a 67-68 on a Monday for 4 spots against guy that need the event to eat, is not easy. Low score have to be in the blood and regularly on the score card. For that to happen there has to be a mindset that very few have and it's not something that just shows up. It's learned and grooved like the golf swing. The guys that master this are the ones that make it.

Talent runs through a great deal of guys. Being able to turn that talent into a 67-68 on a Monday for 4 spots against guy that need the event to eat, is not easy. Low score have to be in the blood and regularly on the score card. For that to happen there has to be a mindset that very few have and it's not something that just shows up. It's learned and grooved like the golf swing. The guys that master this are the ones that make it.
Exactly what Freddie said and 67-68 may not be low enough. I was talking with a guy last week. That for the past two years has been trying the Monday qualifier route on the Web.com. He said a lot weeks it takes 66 or lower to qualify.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Back