Which OEM is the most "Innovative" in 2017

OITW

Reaction score
Was surfing through the threads here and was thinking about the equipment I've tried and want to try from 2017.

It got me to thinking about OEMs and which one is the most "innovative" with their equipment this year.

For me I think it's Cobra with both the One Length Irons and the Cobra Connect - it might not be two items that are new but it brings single length to the masses at an affordable price and Cobra Connect is a way that combines social media with data and analytics and IMO these both make golf more fun which I think is huge and innovative

So what say you THP?

Callaway Epic with Jailbreak technology

Cobra is pretty forward in their innovations.

Honma's 6 piece ball is pretty interesting.

Callaway and their Epic series have turned a lot of heads.

So a lot of innovation. I don't know who stands out the most for me.

I think Cobra and Callaway are the most innovative in 2017. Jailbreak tech in the new Epic drivers brings driver design to a whole different level. Cobra and Arccos are breaking down the wall that kept big data from the amateur. If the Cobra Connect system works as well as I've seen, then every other company will need to follow suit very soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wilson staff. Crowd-sourcing the Triton and going outside the box is a risky proposition.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I would say Cleveland, Srixon, and Taylormade.

Agree with Cobra, followed closely by Callaway.

Sent from my LG-H810 using Tapatalk

This is a tough one, there's not a ton in the way of true innovation going on. That's not to say that we aren't seeing quality products come out, only that most of what could be achieved seems to have been achieved by now. Callaway's Jail Break was the first thought I had, and I'm struggling to think of anything else that was truly new. Most of the "new" things we're seeing are really just slight evolutions to existing product lines, at least in my opinion.

Cobra might be up there for me.

And before they recently stopped making equipment, I'd argue that you could make an argument for Nike if they had stuck around.

Last edited:
Wilson staff. Crowd-sourcing the Triton and going outside the box is a risky proposition.

Somehow this one slipped my mind. Opening up the door like they did was really bold. It seems to have paid off for them though.

Oh great call on that one I can't believe I forgot about that, I think you might be right.

I would say Cleveland, Srixon, and Taylormade.

How are they each the most innovative with their releases this year, which specific product/tech?

This is a tough one, there's not a ton in the way of true innovation going on. That's not to say that we aren't seeing quality products come out, only that most of what could be achieved seems to have been achieved by now. Callaway's Jail Break was the first thought I had, and I'm struggling to think of anything else that was truly new. Most of the "new" things we're seeing are really just slight evolutions to existing product lines, at least in my opinion.

That's what got me thinking about it, some make slight upgrades but a some are making moves and staying fresh and I wanted to see what others thought

Last edited:
I'd go with cobra thus far. The thought put in to revamp the fairway line. Single length iron market. Cobra connect. They really have pushed in many directions

Cobra - Cobra Connect, re-imagining the rail system, bringing single length irons to the mainstream
Callaway - Jailbreak technology
Wilson Staff - MVG's, Triton's adjustability, #GenFLX in the D line

I see a lot of cobra, the cobra connect is innovative but it's not something that already wasn't available to consumers. Single length irons have been around for awhile and aren't really innovative in my opinion.

It's a toss up between Cobra and Wilson. Bring the first to integrate Connect in their driver is very cool and probably the start of other companies following along and the one length irons, while maybe not the most popular, was a way to think outside of the box for a major golf manufacturer.

For Wilson I agree that opening their business up to the "average" person to help design a driver while chronicling it was a new and fun way to go about a new product.

Tough choice. Cobra is huge with the one length and connect, Callaway with jailbreak and micro hinges, W/S with Triton and flex face in the D line... and we're not even 2 full months into the year yet!!

Callaway with their woods and Odyssey putters

Cobra for their LTd line

Srixon with their new line of golf balls

Wilson for crowd sourcing a driver design on their own TV show.
Callaway for JailBreak.
Cleveland for making an entire putter line that is incredibly good and only costs $99.

Honorable mention to Cobra for integrating CobraConnect with 3 driver lines because that's more like a really smart evolution rather than true innovation.

I will go with Wilson and the Triton

Callaway so far

Callaway with jail break it's been the ultimate home run

Snell as a general company imho, maybe not in a specific technology but just what they are putting out and how they do it combines to be an innovation

I see evolution more then innovation across the board. That isn't a negative, it's just how much are you really innovating when scores are staying the same.

Another thing you could possibly throw in for Cobra is the rails on their fairway wood and hybrid. I know it's not new but they brought it back mainstream for both.

Callaway Epic comes to mind right away. Cleveland rtx 3 and Cobra doing big things too

Sent from my SM-G900W8

Back