Do you feel like you have to fill every club gap?

I am fine with wider gaps at the top end of the bag. I am can choke down to adjust distance a bit. Bottom end of the bag I have lots more swings to minimize the distance gaps. Anything outside 170ish hitting the green is the goal. As I move deeper into the bag accuracy becomes more important and I want more precision from each club

I will say that if anyone has a club to fill that 350 yard gap, please let us all know ;)

I'm also a 3W to 4h guy, there is a big yardage gap, maybe 30 yards on average swings. I can squeeze a little more or less and close the gap a bit, but it's still a gap. My 4h I use at around 210 and I'm not going after a lot of greens longer than that. I much prefer to have my scoring clubs in tight orderly gapping ranges.

Yes, I want consistent gaps. I have 15 yard gaps btw wedges and hybrids/woods. 10 yard gaps from PW-7i. Wish I were a bit longer hitter; I'd love to have 15 yard gaps all the way up from my 80 yard 64* wedge to a hypothetical 245 3w. But with my 3w being a consistent 230, I have my irons be 10. With the length of my home course (~6800) I use my pw-5.5 hybrid a lot so not too concerned.

No I don't, I believe you should able to play your 7 iron and up 3 consistent distances. That makes gapping a lot easier to deal with in your bag.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I feel pretty good about my gapping now, but I overhauled the top end of my bag replacing the top 5 clubs.

I put a 5I in the bag for the first time in several years, but went with a GI model that is easy to launch in the air. More of a forgiving bigger head 4H after having a smaller more iron replacement 4H for a while. Then dropped the 3H and replaced it with a 5w and dropped the HW and replaced it with a 3W.

Playing my first round tomorrow with the new set up and based off launch monitor data I should have 9-15 yard gaps throughout the bag.

I probably have a bit of a gap at the top of the bag, which I'm not bothered about. I try to make sure the bottom is fairly consistent.

I try to keep my gaps manageable. If one at the top it a bit larger I am ok with that as form 180 plus I'm not even thinking of trying for the pin. Right now I have a similar dilemma, 5w goes 180-190 and 4h goes about 25 yards shorter, which is also about what my 5h does. so I have two clubs overlapping and a large gap.

Dump the 4h and get a 3h maybe?

I'm fine with gaps at the top I can choke down to take a little off.

At the top end I'm just looking to get on the green so as long as I can cover the front of the green I'm ok.

I go 3W, 2H, 3H, 4i ... PW, GW, SW. Ideally I wish mine were more consistent but analyzing them to reply I have a couple issues for sure. I only have about 6 yards between my 5i and 6i and a whopping 16 yards between my 8i and 9i. Everything else gaps 9 to 12 yards but I need to figure out how to hit my 6i through 8i less to even things out.

It seems the consensus is at the top (driver, wood, hybrid), larger gaps arn't a big deal. Thank god I am not the only one!

I use Driver 11*, 3w 15*, 3h 21* and 4i 23*

For wedges it's PW 46*, GW 50*, SW 54* and LW 58*

Almost perfect gaps throughout.

I have weird gaps down low... 9i is my 150 club, then my PW drops to 125ish and the AW to 105ish... I really need to figure this part of my game out, because I miss a fair number of greens short/long.

I try to keep my gaps manageable. If one at the top it a bit larger I am ok with that as form 180 plus I'm not even thinking of trying for the pin.

These are my thoughts exactly. When I'm looking at over 200, I'm probably pulling out my 3h. Anything more, I'm laying up. Until I get more consistent with my hitting of the longer clubs, having gaps in this range is not an issue for me.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Nope ... that's what "knockdowns" are for. :act-up:

Back