How would you play this hole?

Doesn't look like the bunkers are really in play except from the tips. If I feel good and actually have my 10 yard cut 265 yard drive working it is a an easy hole and no reason to not user driver no matter what the tees. If I have a case of the lefts I aim right of the bunkers with driver and fire away. Same with the second shot, if I am playing well then it is pin hunt time, the water just isn't in play with a short iron if I am playing good. If I am struggling then I am aiming for the right side of the green which takes water out of play even if I do my 25 yard pull.

I'd aim at the right side of the bunker, and let my ball fade to allow a shot into the green.
The shot would be over water, but I'd likely shoot for center of green instead of pin hunting, so that could take some of the intimidation of the water out of play.
I'd very likely make my long birdie putt also!

One thing i have learned over the years is the holes are never as narrow as the pictures indicate.

So probably pipe a 3 wood, followed by a wedge in, lip out the 1st putt but tap in for a par. #InternetGolfer -1 through 2

#2 Driver to right center of the fairway. On the second shot, I'm likely looking for right center of the green and a two putt. If the pin is back left, the wind will determine if I try to get it back there.

JM

For #2, last time I played from the Whites and hit driver. I didn't hook it, but pulled it slightly left and it ran through the fairway into a section of the marsh where it pinches back into the neck of the fairway (and I am not a long hitter). So, from whites I would not hit driver.

From orange tees, drivers probably fine and if you can keep it left that's good to avoid fairway bunker and leave better angle in to the middle/right of green. I wouldn't fool with a pin on that back left part, it's trouble. Par is a good score here.

definitely some good information.

#2 Driver to right center of the fairway. On the second shot, I'm likely looking for right center of the green and a two putt. If the pin is back left, the wind will determine if I try to get it back there.

JM

Didn't you mean to say left and in the drink?

for #2, I would choose a 3W or my 5h from the white tees to the right center; a 5h would leave me <140yd. depending on distances for the right side bunkers may elect the 3W to take them out of play.

Some solid participation with these. Great stuff everyone.

Moving on to Lake Course #3

caa53597f02a7dfbaa6d7e7468acecb1.jpg

Don't get carried away by the beauty of this hole or you may just end up wondering how your score escalated that quick.

If the orange tees are played I am confident with this number and find myself hitting a 6i into this hole. Short is not good.

From orange, I aim right of the bunkers with a 5 iron. Not bailing out, just playing my typical ball flight. 1 less club from the whites.

#1 Lay up short of the bunker to hopefully leave a shot that is coming into the green along the longest part of it rather than going further right with the tee shot and hitting into the green from an angle that makes the front to back distance a lot smaller

#2 Depending on the tees being played, whichever club would get me to the wider part of the fairway between the bunkers and then it should be a simple enough shot to the green

#3 Again depending on the tees being played, I would be probably be hitting either 5/6/7i and using the bunker at the back of the green as a rough line to go for the heart of the green

Orange-5I, maybe hybrid or divine 9
White-6I

Either one...hoping for the best and realistically probably missing right

From orange tees... 3 hybrid just short of the bunker ( based on the yardage Wardy found ) - hopefully the right edge of the fairway. Probably 9 iron in - would depend on pin position of course.

#3 - Believe it or not, this can be a birdie hole because the green isn't as tricky as others on the course to me. As I recall, the green slopes generally back to front to help receive longer iron shots and also towards the water. The green is also pretty darn big, which is typical of RTJ Trail courses. So club selection is going to depend on where they have the tees and what the wind is doing that day. I think there's a big difference in the whites vs. oranges on this hole, b/c whites you may be 7 or even 8 iron and firing at the pin vs. orange hitting furniture (hybrid /woods) if the winds up. But orange is probably a 5i for most.

From the orange, this hole fits RTJ description of "hard par, easy bogey" because even if you miss the green right I think bogey is about the worst unless you bring water into play. From the whites I get aggressive and go for birdie. One of the more scenic holes on the course. #2 and #3 give you a good preview of what the Lake course plays like. #1 is a weird hole and, quite frankly, feels like they ran out of room and had to just stick it in there....but the rest of the Lake Course is very enjoyable.

#3 is a 3h or 5h for me depending on tees.

Aim at bunker on front right and play for a draw. If no draw just try to get up/down from trap or rough. Avoiding water is priority here.

#3 is perfect for my natural draw. Club wise, anywhere from a 6 - 8 iron depending on tees. Maybe a 5 if into wind.

Anything on the green, right is not a good bail-out.

6 iron to the center of the green. Birdie putt drops for the Marauders! :)

Played it several times from the orange tee. Typically 5-wood into the fat part of the fairway just beyond and right of the bunker. Anywhere from PW to 8-iron for second shot, depending on wind and how right of the bunker I went.

#3 would probably be a 5/6i depending on pin/wind from the orange. Taking probably half a club more than I typically hit for the distance. I like to play fairly conservative and steer well clear of potential penalty strokes.

It will be a game time decision but if going over this in my head. It's either a hard 7 or 8. Easy swings tend to cause issues for me

Freddie Kong can smack the dang ball.

For #3: Just basing this from the orange tees, it's a 5i for me and just going for the center of the green. If anything my irons tend to fade, and I'm not opposed to being in the sand to the right.

depending on the amount of wind and which tees, but I would say 7i (orange). Aim for the back bunker and hope not to pull it left.

#3 would need to dial in distances but I'm leaning to 5I right side from orange and 6I from whites or 6/7 aim to the right side and take my chances with bunkers

#3......197....5 iron, maybe a 4 iron depending on the wind and pin placement.

Anything on the green, right is not a good bail-out.

totally correct, most people will avoid the water at all costs and if they miss end up in pot bunker or this little collection area behind it more likely. It's a tough up and down from the right and the green is usually sloping aways from you.
it's just a very different hole to me, strategy wise, between the orange vs. white tees.

Back